Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, June 7, 2021

IRISES in our YARD 2021

Dear Blog Friends,  How are you?  I am doing well now (at least for now)--since I'm on a new medication for my A Fib.... We have also had a very busy month.   First was Mother's Day that you read about in my last post... Then--the next weekend,  we had a big Family Picnic in honor of my youngest son's 50th Birthday... Following on the next two weekends,   we spent a day with Mark and Robin when they were camping at Cumberland Mountain State Park (near us) --and the next week when they were camping at Fall Creek Falls State Park (about an hour's drive south of us)...   It has been a great month --and I love being with family.

Even though our Roses are blooming now,   I don't want to neglect all of our 34 varieties of IRISES we had blooming in our yard between 4/15  and now (6/4) since a few of them are still blooming! Most bloomed by the 20th of May!    SO---I made some collages and am sharing all of them in one Blog post.  Only one bloomed AFTER I made the collages--and that is of course a special one since its name is TENNESSEE VOL.  I included that one near the bottom of the post!

I won't take time to put all of the names on this post --but if you find one you especially like,  just ask and I'll send you the name...  I featured 6 pictures at the bottom --which are favorites of mine. Hope you enjoy seeing our IRISES for 2021...  Hopefully some of them, including ones which haven't bloomed yet,  will re-bloom in the Fall. 








This was a favorite of mine this Spring.  Her name is CONCERTINA and she bloomed and bloomed!!!!

Here is TENNESSEE VOL.   This was the last one to bloom this spring,  and bloomed AFTER I made the Collages...  However,  since I am a Tennessee Vol,  this one is a favorite.

This Iris has been a favorite for several years due to the 'frilly' look she has... Her name is ORANGE HARVEST.

This is one of our new IRISES named PICASO MOON.  I love that gorgeous bright yellow color.

We had this one last year,  but it didn't bloom until now... WOW--it was worth waiting for,  don't you think?  The name is PAPRIKA FONO'S ---and is definitely one of my newer favorites. 

And the WINNER (for me) again this year is BOUNTIFUL HARVEST!!!  I wish all of you could see this one in bloom.   Such an amazing beauty!!!!!

 

 I hope you enjoyed seeing our IRISES.   These plants/flowers can bring a lot of color to one's yard --and they take very little care.   They just do their own thing --and come back year after year.  The only thing we have to do is to separate them on occasion--when they spread out TOO much!!!!

And for us living here in the woods,  the DEER do not like Irises ---so we gradually have added more Irises and less Tulips (which the deer love)....  

Hope you have a very good JUNE....  We have been so cool here these past few months --but they say that we are supposed to have a VERY HOT summer.... The Roses,  Lilies and Day Lilies LOVE the heat,  but ME?  Not so much!!!!!

My question to you:  Do you have a favorite (or favorites) from this group?

Hugs,

Betsy💝💛💚💕

23 comments:

Ann said...

These are all gorgeous. It's impossible to pick a favorite because one is just as beautiful as the next

George said...

I didn't realize we had so many gorgeous iris blooming in our yard. You got some great pictures.

Big Dude said...

What a beautiful variety you have.

Betsy said...

I'm glad you were able to spend so much time with family this past month. Aftr the last year I never take it for granted. You have such beautiful iris's. I tink your neighbors must love the show your pard puts on.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Betsy! It sounds like your summer is off to a great start. I love your flowers so much! They are beautiful! Glad that things are going well. I am not on FB much any more, but I hope to see you again soon. Take care and stay well.

Dee said...

I always enjoy seeing your flowers. I have the old fashioned light/dark purple Iris and the Yellow one like yours. I love them all but I must say a favorite would be your Bountiful Harvest. Absolutely stunning!!! It is hot here in SC PA but that is o.k., for me as I don't think it will stay in the 90's for too long. I like high 70's but what ever as long as we have sunshine. Enjoy all those beautiful flowers around your house! God bless!

Chatty Crone said...

You still have your GORGEOUS yard. This year I really love the yellow ones.

David said...

Betsy, Lovely flower photos as usual! I like the Bountiful Harvest too but next in line would be that yellow one with the reddish edges. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Fun60 said...

They are just gorgeous. You have an extensive collection.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am glad to see a post from you, As you post so infrequently anymore, I sometimes wonder if you are not feeling well. So I am really glad to know you are just BUSY! This is more kinds of Iris than any garden center would have! It is too hard to pick just one, so here goes...My favorites are Concertina, Bountiful Harvest, and the yellow & blue one in the collage.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Betsy, you can't expect me to pick just one favourite . i love them all. I have a couple of Iris plants but due to the lack of rain and we are not allowed to water flowers, they likely won't be blooming this year.

happyone said...

I really can't pick a favorite - I love them all.
While walking I saw some purple and yellow iris that I'd never seen before. They were gorgeous- Blogger Friend Tom said they where
called German Iris.

The Furry Gnome said...

34 varieties! I don't believe it! How do you have room for anything else?

Marcia said...

I like that last white and purple one best. There were irises here that have just bloomed. Peach color. Vicki in NC sent me some tubers of her white one but doubt that will bloom this year. If you divide and want to share please think of me, Betsy!

diane b said...

What an amazing and beautiful collection of irises. They are all pretty but like you the last one is tops.

Judy said...

I had no idea there were so many irises. I have about 6 different colours. I wish they lasted longer. Yours are beautiful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
It sounds as if you've been enjoying some lovely family get-togethers.
I did enjoy seeing all of your beautiful Irises, so many to see and all such wonderful colours.
Hard to pick a favourite!

Take care, my good wishes.

All the best Jan

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Jeevan said...

These are quite a treat to the eyes, and I'm sorry I liked all the irises :) Glad you had wonderful moments with family last month, and I hope you get more occasion like that in the future as well. Take care

troutbirder said...

Beautiful flowers and a fib Mayo Clinic did a procedure on me for my a fib called an ablation many years ago now and it permanently fixed the problem successfully. Ray Troutbirder

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, thank you so much for sharing the beauty of your Iris garden with us. Your garden with all the many variety of the various flowers --iris, day lily, rose, and more--must be so beautiful that people walking by or passing by in cars stop and look and gaze and just relax into the beauty.

As to a favorite. I think it's the Concertina. Such a dainty blessing of color and beauty. Peace.

Shug said...

One of these days, I'm going to come see you when all the Iris' are blooming. So much beauty. I've been keeping up with you and George and your sweet travels. Love every single post....

My Tata's Cottage said...

Stunning photos! My mom always had Irises but she called them "Flag Flowers". I remember the deep purple, the yellow and they always looked os happy. Glad I stopped by. Take care and stay helathy and happy.