Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to AUGUST...Today's photo was taken at Biltmore. I wanted to share this picture since I love the reflections in the lake of those gorgeous clouds, with the Biltmore House in the distance. Have a great month ahead.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
37 Random Things About Me (because JAYNE did it!)
1. Do you like blue cheese? Love it!!
2. Have you ever smoked? Never--except when friend Reida and I 'tried' it on her back porch when we were kids!!!
3. Do you own a gun? No
4. What flavor Kool Aid is your favorite? I don't drink Kool Aid.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes--because I have to get on the scales!
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I can take them on occasion--with chili, cheese, slaw and whatever else I can find to put on them!!! ha
7. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? French Vanilla Coffee
9. Can you do push-ups? Are you kidding???? I can "push" a fork to my mouth. Does that count?
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My heart necklace my hubby gave me
11. Favorite hobby? That is hard. I have several (blogging, hiking/waterfalling, family history, birding, etc.etc.etc.etc.)
12. Do you have A.D.D? NO---I can be quite obsessive/compulsive at times though. Ask George!!!! ha ha (I'm definitely Type A)
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Drugstore pairs (all over the house) for reading only
14. Middle name? Bruce (family name)
15. Name thoughts at this moment? Thinking about our country and its future--which is scary!
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? coffee, hot tea, crystal light lemon/orange
17. Current worry? How to help our inlaws from long distance (they live alone in a city--and all of us kids are not very close; AND--they are both blind.)
18. Current hate right now? I hate that I had to take all of my posts about my grandchildren OFF of my blog site (request to keep them safe and anonymous); It made me cry since blogging is so important to me--and taking them off makes me feel as if I've lost something.
19. Favorite place to be? Another hard one; How about our Mt. Nebo cabin in Arkansas? OR--how about hiking to find a new waterfall? OR--how about sitting on my throne with a big fire in the fireplace watching my birds????
20. How did you bring in the New Year? Stayed home and watched the festivities on TV (best way to do it in my opinion)
21. Where would you like to go? Alaska, Grand Canyon, Hawaii, another cruise
22. Name three people who will complete this? I have no idea... Maybe someone who enjoys 'memeing'!!!
23. Do you own slippers? Oh Yes--several pairs; snuggly ones in winter and others in summer---all from Walmart I'm sure!!! ha
24 What color shirt are you wearing? Green sweatshirt and gray sweatpants--and of course my slippers
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Not at all; I don't like flannel sheets either. Just give me the regular kind!!!! We do have an electric blanket which we LOVE.
26. Can you whistle? A little
27. Favorite Color? Yellow in Summer, Blue, Purple
28. What songs do you sing in the shower? Never have sung in the shower I don't think--although I've done my share of singing all of my life
29. Would you be a pirate? NO WAY
30. Favorite Girl's Name? If I'd had one...Laura Elizabeth (We had that name picked out --but we had three boys. Didn't want a boy named Laura!!! ha
31. Favorite boy's name? George Emery
32. What's in your pocket right now? Right now, no pocket; If I had a pocket, I'd be carrying chapstick in winter.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Somebody's blog (cannot remember who) telling a Jay Leno story about a funny date where the woman got her butt frozen to the car fender..You'll have to read that story to believe it!! ha
34. What vehicle do you drive? Toyota Prius ---there's no other kind is there? Note picture above!
35. Worst injury you've ever had? Luckily, nothing serious EVER
36. Do you love where you live? Absolutely
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? three, a bigscreen and two others