Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. My Header Picture for October 2021 shows some gorgeous Fall Colors here in our community of Fairfield Glade, TN
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
I have been tagged by Mary Beth at SMALL CITY SCENES. I usually avoid these types of things, but thought, "Why Not?"--because it was almost a year ago when I last did one. I also enjoy reading these from other bloggers---since I am always wanting to get to know people on more of a personal level. Can you believe that I go to some people's blogs almost everyday, and yet--I do not even know their name. How sad is that!!! My favorite bloggers are ones I email with (in addition commenting on their blogs) and consequently, we become great friends.
SO---here goes!! I added some of my favorite added Maxinisms, to spruce up what might be a boring (to you) post.. Thanks to Mary Beth for her encouragement. AND--I encourage everyone to check out MB's blog. Click on the link above. You'll love it!!!!
Here is my list of 8 things in 8 categories (nothing is in any kind of specific order):
8 TV Shows I watch
(NOTE: Good category for me since George and I watch ALOT of TV; We watch Fox News --and I enjoy sports--but our favorite shows are here, in no particular order.)
2. Leverage (my all-time favorite show)
3. The Good Wife (my favorite new show this year)
4. Criminal Minds
5. NCIS and NCIS: LA
6. All of the CSI's
7. All of the Law and Orders
8. The Closer
More: House, The Mentalist, Bones----etc. etc. etc.
8 Places I like to Eat
1. Home--when my hubby cooks (YUM)
2. Olive Garden
3. Favorite seafood restaurants near Ocean Isle Beach: Twin Lakes, Dockside, Boundary House
4. Golden Corral in Cookeville, TN (best pot roast in the world!)
5. Hardee's (best thickburgers in the world)
6. Local Restaurants: KFC Buffet, Ryan's, our Chinese Restaurant, Cancun's Mexican, Cracker Barrel
7. Cafe UNO for Chicago Pizza
8. Steak Restaurants (Outback, Logan's, Texas Roadhouse, etc.)
8 Things I look forward to
1. Getting lots and lots of Blog Comments!!!!! YOU make my day!
2. SPRING --when our roses and spring flowers start blooming, and when we make our annual trip to the beach
3. A surprise trip planned by hubby for Valentine's Day, our trip to Mt. Nebo in Arkansas the end of February, and George's 68th birthday trip in March
4. Getting my daily emails and texts from my BFF Judy
5. Hiking and seeing many more waterfalls (we've seen about 400 since 2001)
6. Seeing new backyard birds --and getting them to my feeders
7. When I can spend time with my sons and grandchildren; Love getting texts from my sons!
8. George and my daily devotional time together with God
8 Things I like about Winter
1. Hiking --I enjoy hiking when it's cold!!!
2. Snow and Icicles; I LOVE snow!!!
3. Fires in our fireplace
4. my Electric Blanket
5. Leaves off of the trees--so that I can SEE the birds better
6. the Colder Weather (don't like HEAT and HUMIDITY)
7. my favorite holiday season, Christmas
8. lots of great football games
8 Things on my Wish List
1. Good health for many years for me and for George
2. A new camera for both George and for me, including a long lens for birding!
3. A cabin on the top of a mountain somewhere (maybe in Arkansas)
4. LOTS and LOTS more years with George
5. Traveling (eventually want to go to Alaska and to Hawaii and out west and to Canada--etc. etc. etc.)
6. Good Health for my childhood friends: Susan, Reida and Nita
7. Getting some SNOW here in Fairfield Glade (the 'wet' kind which clings to everything)
8. For success and great lives ahead for my five grandchildren
8 Things I am passionate about
1. SPORTS (especially the Vols football and basketball, and Titans football)
2. Blogging (absolutely love it --although it does take alot of time to do it right)
3. my Love for George and OUR love for God
4. Love of the USA --and praying that we vote the corrupt Congressional leaders OUT of office, while working hard to keep God in the center of all things
5. our yard (Roses and Flowers) and home, including my love of our backyard birds
6. Photography (waterfalls, birds, flowers, home, etc.)
7 Love for family and friends
8. our MAC computers!!!! Yeah Rah!
8 Things I learned from the past
(NOTE: This was definitely the hardest category for me since I don't live in the past --and really don't remember too much about it.)
1. That I am a good and worthwhile person, even though I've struggled all of my life with my weight (In past, my weight kept me from having much self-esteem, and I felt as if I had to work 24/7 to prove myself.)
2. I did not know what real love and relationship was until I met George
3. Hurts from my past are still inside of me, and come back up sometimes (even though I have dealt with them professionally through the years)
4. Ambition can get you FAR. After my divorce, I worked fulltime, got my Master's degree and raised my two younger children by myself!
5. I learned the importance of God in my life from my parents. I hope I instilled that in my sons and hope that they instill it in their children.
6. I learned that you can't dwell on the past -- and you need to live in the moment, doing the very best you can while looking toward the future.
7. From my mother, I learned the importance of Family History. I just wish I had have been more interested when Mom was alive.
8. IF I could give advice to the younger generation, I would tell them to learn to slow down and enjoy your children and your life more. My children grew up so quickly --and the time passed by so quickly. I sometimes wonder where all of those years went.
8 Things I want and/or need
(NOTE: I truly have a wonderful life now --and had trouble finding things to add!!! But--I tried!)
1. Good Health
2. A continued relationship with my God
3. More time with my sons and grandchildren
4. More TIME in my life to get things done (HA)
5. More ENERGY and Less Aches and Pains (Quit getting older!!! ha)
6. Hey, how 'bout a little less WEIGHT on me????? ha
7. NEED to be a little less passionate about my football teams ---when they LOSE; (Hubby would say AMEN to this one!!!)
8. And --one of the most important things which probably won't EVER happen: PEACE in the WORLD
I love Maxine ---and had seen some of these before... BUT--some of them are new to me. Hope you enjoyed my post ---and if you don't want to read all of the 'things' about ME, at least you can enjoy some Maxinisms.
Even though I am supposed to, I am not going to "TAG" anyone specifically. But if you would like to do this, I would love to read your ideas... Just let me know IF you are going to do it!!!!
Hope all of you have a wonderful Wednesday.. Thanks for your thoughts about my crazy foot problem!!!!