Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Our 20th Wedding Anniversary (6/23/01-6/23/21)


Hello Blog Friends:   These two little ones were both born in 1942.  They lived in two different states and didn't even meet until both of them were age 59.  Both had great lives before they met  BUT--when they finally met,  their lives became even more enriched--TOGETHER!!!!  WOW---what an awesome 20 years this has been for that little girl!!!!   


I truly met one of nicest, most generous, most loving men in the world!  Thank you, George, for coming into my life  and making me an extremely happy and blessed woman.  Hope we can make it for another 20 years!!!!   Now as we begin our 21st year, let's keep on laughing, loving and searching for waterfalls!!!!  I love and adore you,  George Emery Adams!!!!


Hope you enjoy seeing my pictures today --with just a sampling of how great this 20 years has been.  Stop on each picture,  click on it --and my explanation will pop up!!!!!  ENJOY!!













Finally,  here is our latest picture,  taken along the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina ON our Anniversary (June 23, 2021).  We spent several days of celebration last week at the Pisgah Inn (near Asheville, NC)...  Had a fantastic time!!!

******************

One more piece of GREAT NEWS:   While we were celebrating in Pisgah,  son Mark and his gal,  Robin,  were vacationing in Charleston, SC.  On OUR Anniversary,  Mark gave Robin a RING--and she said YES!!!!!  George and I are SO happy for both of them... They've been together for quite awhile --and are inseparable!!!  They have so many interests in common.  One of them is to jump into that little red jeep and head out on an adventure!  They take George and me with them VIRTUALLY.   We love it...  Congrats to Mark and Robin!!!!

Here's an adorable picture of a Happy Lady!!!  Mark took Robin to Folly Beach, South Carolina, at sunrise and got on his knees!!!!  (He had asked her two sons -both in their 20's-- ahead of time --asking for their Mom's hand in marriage.)  How cute is that!!!! 

Hope you have an awesome week ahead and Happy 4th of July! 

Hugs,

Betsy💝💛💚💕



 

24 comments:

Ann Thompson said...

Happy anniversary to you and George. Congratulations to Mark and Robin

George said...

Twenty more years won't be enough for me. How about at least twice that?

Ruth Hiebert said...

I don’t think any two people could be happier together than you and George. It is encouraging to see this. Wishing you many more years together to celebrate your love.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What great news! Your blog is gorgeous today. Happy belated anniversary! I always love seeing your wedding pictures. And ALL of your pics with George are so full of joy that they nearly jump off the page.

The Furry Gnome said...

Congratulations you two lovebirds! Always enjoy your happy adventures, especially those waterfall pictures!

William Kendall said...

Happy anniversary!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Anniversary! What a lovely couple you are.

Betsy said...

I enjoyed seeing the photos of you and George through the years. Happy Anniversary again and I pray that you"ll have many, many more wonderful years together.
Congratulations again to Mark and Robin. She looks thrilled and in the photos on FB he does too.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Lady Fi said...

Great news about Robin! And congrats on your anniversary! <3

Arkansas Patti said...

Happy Anniversary to the couple that sets the bar so high.
Loved all the pictures and smiled to see you started wearing matching shirts on your honeymoon.
Congrats to Mark and Robin. They have been together so long I thought they were all ready married.

David said...

Betsy, Congratulations on 20 years of wedded bliss! Cute photos of you both as little ones... Great news on the upcoming wedding for your son and his fiancé. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Judy said...

Happy anniversary and congratulations to your son. Happy days.

eileeninmd said...

Happy anniversary Betsy! I wish you and George many more happy years together.

Marcia said...

Sounds like you knew just how to celebrate your anniversary. Hope you are both doing well.

very_inky_fingers said...

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations Mark & Robin. I have been waiting for that for some time...(hopeless romantic)
Clearly they are made for each other. in this season of their lives.

Linda G. said...

Great pictures that reflect your wonderful 20 years together. Happy anniversary to you and George. Congratulations, too, to Mark and Robin.

Jeevan said...

You both made it so lovely up till now, and hopefully, furthermore, delightful years together. Your images are proof of how intimate you were - all these years - without a bit of decrease in love, and I wish your son and his girlfriend a happy wedding as well.

Happy July 4th to you all! Have a nice weekend.

FYI, I have shifted my email subscribe platform from Feedburner to follow.it, so if you have subscribed already, please accept the change, or if I missed adding you or you want to subscribe, please carry on with it from the side-column in my blog. Thank you

Lowcarb team member said...

Dear Betsy
What a lovely post this is.
I so enjoyed seeing the photographs you've shared.
Many happy anniversary wishes to you and George.
Congratulations to Mark and Robin.

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Linda said...

Sweet pictures and love story ... or should I say stories? Congrats to Mark and Robin.

diane b said...

A fabulously happy post. How neat to propose on your anniversary. Congratulations too.

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, thanks so much for sharing the twenty wonderful years you've spent with George. The photos were just delightful. And thanks, too, for sharing the news about Mark and Robin. So much happiness in her smile and in yours in each and every photo. Peace and take care.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy,
I felt sure I'd commented on this post, but perhaps not?
Many Happy Anniversary Wishes to you and George.
Congratulations to Mark and Robin.
My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Kay said...

Happy Anniversary, Betsy and George! Thank you for sharing all your loving photos. I loved seeing your wedding photos. They really make us all smile. And congratulations to Robin and Mark. That is just so sweet. And what a gorgeous ring!!!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Very happy for Robin and Mark. I Know how much you love those kids. what a wonderful time. I love all your phoots. I keep reminding my sweetheart that we need more photos. I have been working on our wedding wall. WHen Rebekah married Zach in 2017 she gave each of us a beautiful hankerchiefe with a personal message on them. Hannah has a little business and she made us shadow boxes to add these too. Now if I can remember where I put our large wedding photo so I can hang it on the wall heeheehee. Noelle had us made a wedding chart of what was going on in 1984 when we married. I am trying to get everything hung up. Say a prayer that I can locate our wedding photo too. Take care and enjoy the weekend.
HUGS and LOVE
P.S. I am still here https://annesphamily.blogspot.com as well as my second blog that appears in your comment section. I missed a step with blogger and well...technology is not my favorite thing. Take care xo xo