Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Monday, September 7, 2020

LILIES in our YARD --Part II

Dear Blog Friends,   Happy Labor Day!!!   This is a National Holiday in our Country celebrating all of the hard-working laborers.   Growing up in the coal mining areas of southwest Virginia,  I always think of all of the men and women who work in those mines. They are definitely laborers.  Today we honor them --and many, many others who work hard each and every single day, many of them doing difficult jobs which many of us wouldn't choose to do.  God Bless our Laborers.

Today I am featuring Part II showing the  beautiful Lilies in our yard.   Part I was featured on 8/3/20.  IF you missed that post (or would enjoy seeing it again),  click Here 

As you know,  I love our LILIES.  We used to have many more of them planted all over the yard.  BUT--the deer would destroy them before we could even enjoy them...  SO a couple of years ago,  George put some of our favorites in containers and brought them to the deck.   So far,  that has worked well for us... I can enjoy them from inside and also from the deck ---and the deer have stayed away!!!!

Above was another collage that I made.   Below are some of my favorite pictures of specific groups of Lilies.  If you put your mouse over each picture,  I added the names and dates when I took the pictures.

Hope you enjoy seeing these beautiful flowers.












I miss seeing them now --as the summer is winding down with only the ROSES and a few re-blooming Day Lilies and Irises in bloom in the yard now.... 

If you are on Facebook with me,  then you know about our hard day Saturday.   IF not,  WELL--here is what happened:  We woke up during the night early Saturday morning to find water gushing all over the place in our large bathroom.   A pipe had burst under the sink!!!!   George got the water turned off --but the damage was done.   IF that was not bad enough,  the stress and anxiety of that happening put me back in A Fib...   Being in A Fib is worse than a bathroom leak... The leak can be repaired  (and has been) --but A Fib cannot....There are no cures!  VERY frustrating!!!! 

BUT--despite our hard time that Saturday,  God provided us with an amazing  "Autumn-Like Day" here... When I walked outside on the deck that morning,  I just had to take a minute and smile -- and thank God for this wonderful blessing.  As I have said many times,  when we experience the RAINY Days (hard times) in our lives,  God provides a RAINBOW of hope for us.... Thanks be to God.

I am looking forward to a better week ahead....   I will close with another Facebook Post I wrote recently when talking about the love of flowers.... Think of all of these LILIES above.  Flowers are amazing.  They bloom no matter what is going on around them.  They get along with all of the other flowers.  Their message is to send love, joy and peace to ALL.   Maybe we humans should be more like flowers.... God Bless us ALL.

Hugs,

Betsy💝💛💚💕

15 comments:

Ann said...

I must have missed that post on Facebook. So sorry to hear about that. You make sure you take care of yourself.
Your lilies are all beautiful.

George said...

You have not only given us beautiful pictures of the lilies, but have given us some wonderful words of wisdom as well. Thank you for both.

David said...

Betsy, Beautiful lilies for sure! Wow...bad day for sure. Burst pipes do make a mess and can be costly, but your focus on your A-fib is definitely infinity more important. Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Betsy said...

I'm glad you seem to be feeling better Betsy. I did read that on FB and I prayed for you and the water leak!
Your lilly photos are gorgeous. I do believe your yard must be like a slice of Heaven on earth.
Blessings,
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

Each lily is beautiful and I couldn’t pick a favorite if I tried. I agree with your closing thoughts. We just need to learn to get along, instead of dwelling on our differences .

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy.
Goodness me, so sorry to read about the leak but more sorry to read about the A-fib.
Sending positive thoughts, healing wishes and saying a prayer too.
Look after yourself and keep enjoying your beautiful flowers, the photographs on this post are just wonderful.

All the best Jan

KathyA said...

This is not my favorite time of the year in the garden as I know what's coming. However, I'm so in love with the color remaining, watching the hummingbirds gearing up for their long journey, listening to the sounds of remaining cicadas... And we're already making plans for next year!

Thank you for the lilies!!

Shug said...

Hoping you have everything taken care of with the leak. I love these healthy, gorgeous Lillies. Each one is quite stunning in so many ways. I know it smells great in your hard. And hey...you have can have fresh flowers everyday in your house

Jeevan said...

As usual i enjoyed these pretty daylilies and their names as well! Sorry for the ordeal with the pipe and how it affects your health... I wish things got back to normals and please take care.

hug

pam said...

Oh my goodness!! What a mess! Hope you and your pipes leak are both on the mend!

Buttercup said...

I love your lilies, but the picture at the top of the page really took my breath away. Hugs and wishes for many good days!

Lady Fi said...

Gorgeous lilies!

diane b said...

Your lilies are so beautiful and so too your photographs. Sorry to hear about your water and Af problems.

Linda said...

I'm sorry to hear about the broken pipe and the A-fib. How scary that must have been! Love the lilies.

Charlene said...

Hi Betsy, My goodness, what a time. I hope you are feeling better. I am not on any social media, so I am glad you write about everything in a blog. Your lilies are beautiful. My gardens are in the woods, so not much color going on. The deer like my hostas. I got a spray at Lowes that helps. I hope everything is going better. Take care. Charlene