Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MAY!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful IRISES from our yard. Meet "Goodnight Kiss"

Monday, August 31, 2020

COLORS from Biltmore Home and Gardens 7/23/20

Dear Family and Friends,  Hope you enjoy some Summer COLORS from Biltmore today.  We always go to Biltmore during most every season of the year.  In Summer  (we were there this year on 7/23)--we specifically visit the Walled Gardens,  the Conservatory,  the Italian Water Gardens (to see the water Lilies and Lily Pads),  and the SUNFLOWERS  (a favorite Summer flower of mine).    I had way too many pictures to share --so I made some collages for you today... ENJOY!!!!

 









We are so fortunate to have Season's Tickets to Biltmore ---so we can go for short periods of time  and enjoy different areas of that amazing place during all of the seasons.  Due to Covid,  we missed our SPRING visit (which is always a favorite) ---so we just had to check out the Summer flowers.  The good news was that there were fewer people around which made "Social Distancing" easier.... 

Hope these pictures brought a smile to your face today--like they did to mine!!!!

Be sure and read the explanation of why my Header Picture (at the top of the page) this month is so SPECIAL to me.... The explanation is below the picture!!!!! 

I wrote a couple of paragraphs about my struggles with all of the changes Blogger is making (with no instructions or information)--but I deleted them....You don't need to hear my bellyaching --especially when we all need to stay as positive as possible during these hard times in our wonderful country.

Welcome September ..... I am NOT fond of the hot summers, so as you can imagine,  I'm really looking forward to some Fall Weather and Colored Leaves  ----and of course,  my PUMPKIN SPICE coffee (along with Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD)..... ha ha

HUGS,

Betsy💝💛💚💕

21 comments:

Ann said...

What a treat it must be to walk through the gardens. Everything is beautiful but the sunflowers are my absolute favorite.

Rita said...

Betsy

All throughout the year you share your vacations and road trips. Your wonderful family with us. Many flowers and much scenery to lift our spirits. You need a place to share your difficult times too. If you want to share your aggravations it is fine with me. ❤️ Have a wonderful day!

George said...

All of your pictures (as well as the header) are gorgeous. I always enjoy our visits to Biltmore.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always love getting a glimpse of one of my favorite places in this world. Love those beautiful sunflowers...and you are pretty cute too! Enjoy your week!

Big Dude said...

love your header shot

Chatty Crone said...

Your pictures or photos are just awesome and they do make me happy. I needed that today!

linda m said...

Love your new "header" picture and I really love all the flower pics. They make me want to smell each and every picture. Thank you for sharing your journey to Biltmore Gardens with us. I know what you mean about something making changes but never giving you information or instructions.

David said...

Betsy, It's great that you and George really enjoy your visits to Biltmore. The photos are beautiful! In our case, once we've visited a venue/attraction like this no matter how nice it is, we would have seen it and would be in no hurry to repeat the experience. Too many other nifty things to see around the USA and Canada... Many of our friends and family members would agree with your approach though! Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Fun60 said...

So many joyous photos there. Am pleased you managed to make a summer visit.

Marcia said...

Lovely. Thanks for sharing these. Sunflowers are in full bloom here. My daughter has lots too.

Charlene said...

Hi Betsy, I love the Biltmore. My sister and I visited this past Christmas. She lives in Alabama and I live in New York (western NY, not city.) It is so beautiful. I hope to go back some time for the summer and see more of the grounds. You are lucky you live so close. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Charlene

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your special header is really gorgeous! And you did a fntastic job with the collages! A few faves - I love the bee flying, you and the sunflowers, and the first shot. I have delayed trying the new blogger till I absolutely HAVE to. Which could be any day now. I know it will really confuse and frustrate me.

Arkansas Patti said...

Well you visited the Biltmore on my birthday so I will consider all the beauty my present:)) Thank you.
Seriously, loved Betsy among the sunflowers.

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! Gorgeous photos. For a while Biltmore was on my bucket list, but I have come to realize that I must take many, if not most of the items out of that bucket. I just can't afford to travel like I would want to, so I'll enjoy your pictures.

Betsy said...

Such beautiful photos Betsy. I appreciate that you take us with you to the Biltmore and other places that living in the NW I'll probably never get to visit.
Blessings,
Betsy

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
Love your September header photograph, it is very special :)

Fabulous pictures from Biltmore, such a wonderful place.

Enjoy your September.
Take care, stay safe and well.

All the best Jan

Judy said...

Beautiful pictures as usual. Someday, I would like to visit Biltmore and see it for myself. Thank you for sharing.

Shug said...

just look at your gorgeous header picture. You are so blessed to be able to view Biltmore often. You did make me smile with all of these gorgeous pictures of flowers and nature. And...you are darling in the Sunflower picture, You are always having fun and this is awesome...

pam said...

Gorgeous photos and what a lovely sentiment! We are thinking about starting to do a few day trips around Tennessee and the mountains. Do you think you could write up a post on you do your trips with new guidelines in place? We are trying to figure out the best way to handle things like restroom breaks, eating out, staying in hotels and staying safe - and just wandered if you have any tips?

Linda said...

Wonderful pictures! You look adorable among the sunflowers.

Yes, I am struggling with Blogger too. I keep going back to the old version to get my pictures in the right place.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Betsy you are lucky they are open so you can enjoy that Beaty. Stay safe.
I posted this Labor Day . Hard work but rewarding.