Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, August 3, 2020

Lilies in our Yard ---Part I

LILY COLLAGE 2020
Dear Friends,   I am 'back' to this new Blogger set-up  (I guess the 'old way' is gone now) ---so forgive me if things are all messed up a bit!!!!!   I'm not only learning about the writing of a post,  but am learning how to set up my Blog using the new method....... Quite a learning experience!!!!

Anyhow--- today I am sharing with you a favorite flower of mine  (and of the deer).... Because the deer were eating the beautiful LILY blooms,  George put some of our Lilies into containers and brought them to the deck last year...  SO far,  the deer haven't been on the deck --so the LILIES for the past two summers have been gorgeous.... I absolutely love LILIES --and have enjoyed seeing about 15 different varieties this summer with lots of blooms on each one.  This is such JOY for me --and they smell fantastic...

Hope you enjoy seeing some of these beauties today...   I divided some of my favorite pictures into two posts.....


A picture as I walked on the deck; Picture taken 6/14/20




PURPLE PRINCE LILY 7/3/20




STARGAZER LILY 7/7/20




GARDEN PARTY LILY 7/7/20




My View from our dining room --looking out onto the deck!!!!  7/11/20




DIZZY LILIES 7/13/20




CRIMSON PIXIE LILIES  5/31/20  (The first LILIES to bloom this year!)




TINOS LILIES 5/13/20




ROSELLA'S DREAM LILIES 6/23/20




PINK PERFECTION LILIES 6/25/20  (This is our TALL Lily---about 7 feet TALL.)




MUSCADET LILIES  7/5/20
 
Well --that's enough for today!!!!  They have all been so pretty --and we had lilies bloom from the end of May until the end of July..... 

Hope this all comes out... Busy weekend:  New Post,  New month with my August header and theme!!!!  Fun fun!!!

OH the JOYS of Blogging... I've been blogging since 2006 --and have gone through many changes given to us by Blogger ...  SOME have definitely not been what I call an improvement!!!!   Oh Well...  It is what it is!!!!!!

Hope you have an awesome week!!!!

Hugs,

BETSY







22 comments:

Linda P said...

A beautiful header for August Betsy. So glad you were able to enjoy your beautiful lilies placed on the decking. I can imagine the fragrance must have been a wonderful bonus experience.

Ann said...

I opened up your blog and WOW, that picture for your header is stunning. Then what a treat to see all the beautiful lilies.
I'm with you on the new blogger format. It was not a pleasant surprise to open up my blog and find that it had changed to the new format. Oh well, I guess it's just go with the flow :)

Marcia said...

Those are such a lovely assortment of lilies. Must you water them daily since they are potted? I bet the fragrance was lovely too.

This new blogger does have some quirks. We'll all get used to them and manage.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Betsy. I totally agree with you about Blogger. Oh well, we adapt and keep blogging, right?! I love your lillies. Just gorgeous. Enjoy the final month of summer. Stay well and safe!

Arkansas Patti said...

Well you seem to be managing the new system quite well. Just lovely lilies. I didn't like the new version and opted to go back to the original. I'm not big on struggle.

George said...

Your photos are beautiful! I’m glad the deck is working out as a safe place for the lilies.

Martha said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! Love that you change your header. Way back in the old days of blogging there was a header challenge contest where they would give us a theme. Blogs were so much fun back then. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter had to come along and mess things up. I just returned to blogging during the pandemic. I've been making some rounds and making new friends. I hope you have a beautiful week! :)

David said...

Betsy, Your header photo is amazing!! Of course Biltmore is beautiful in any case, but this photo really captures its magnificense. You and George have an impressive selection of lilies, that's for sure. As for the 'new and improved' Blogger, I don't see any advantages. It only adds steps...but we'll have to live with it. Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks to me like you mastered that new blogger.I love seeing the Lilies, almost as much as I love seeing the roses. Each one is a beauty.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Tinos & Muscadets for me! They are all gorgeous though. And your header is so stunning! I'm thinking it is Biltmore. I have postponed the new Blogger till the end of the month. But then I will have no choice. I dread it, new things are hard for me to learn.

Betsy said...

Hi Betsy, I enjoyed seeing your beautiful lillies today. Blogger hasn't changed for me much...yet. I use an app on my iPad and so far it's the same. I really hope it stays that way. Wishing you a lovely week my dear friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Judy said...

Your title picture is incredible.

It's too bad the deer like your lilies so much. They sure are beautiful. I hope they are safe on the deck.

Big Dude said...

Very pretty as always Betsy

Busy Bee Suz said...

Who knew there were so many lilly varieties? Not me! I love them all, but stargazer lillies were in my bridal bouquet, so those are my favorites. ;)

Lady Fi said...

Wow - your header photo is stunning! Love the lilies too.

Linda said...

Your lilies are beautiful. I'm glad George rescued them from the deer. I saw a deer in our yard this evening.

The new Blogger is perplexing. I don't see how to size the pictures the way I want. Also it is harder to edit in HTML.

Betsy said...

Gosh what a gorgeous header picture! I love lilies but never much luck with them coming back as the voles or something got them. I never knew deer would eat them.. Do you keep roses in pots still? Mine didn't do well. I wish they would. Love your flowers and enjoy reading and seeing pretty pictures from your blog. You generate positive energy and that's what's needed today.

Lady Di Tn said...

Betsy
I love the header. First time in awhile I have allotted time to read a few blogs. I noticed several lilies in pots at your home. Do you have to move them inside during the winter? I hope your birthday travels continue to be grand. Peace

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Your lillies are always so pretty. I like the ones that are speckle-dy or striped.
Have a great day!

Connie said...

Your lilies are so beautiful, Betsy! I'm sure they bring you much joy.

Charlene said...

Hi Betsy, Love all the colors! They are beautiful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
I love your new header picture - it's fabulous.
Talking fabulous, all of your lilies are!
What beautiful colours they are, the fragrance must be gorgeous.

Hope you have had a good week, enjoy your weekend.

My good wishes.

All the best Jan