Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, June 1, 2020

IRISES in our Yard--2020 (Part I)

Concertina Iris--  picture taken 4/21/20
Dear Friends,   I know you have heard me complaining about our crazy Tennessee weather this past month(s)...  We have had WAY too much rain (for many months) --and this past month,  we have had some unusually cooler/cloudy weather, after having a very mild winter.... I may not have liked the weather much of this time,  but our IRISES this year must have LOVED it.   That is because the IRISES have been prettier and more abundant than many years in past.

We have had 32 different varieties blooming --with most every plant with LOTS of blooms.  Wish you could have been here to see some of these blooms.   I was sad to see the Irises finish blooming for now   --but since we have re-bloomers,  many of them will bloom again in Fall.    AND---now that the Irises are gone,  guess what is next??????? WELL---here comes the Roses,  Lilies, and Day Lilies.... YEAH RAH.

Today,  I'll share one of probably three posts showing our IRISES.  Hope you enjoy seeing these little beauties!!!!!


Garden Grace Iris  4/21/20



Immortality Iris 4/28/20



Second Fiddle Iris after the rain 4/25/20



Victoria Falls Iris 4/28/20



Buckwheat Iris 4/28/20



Pinkness Iris 4/28/20



Blatant Iris 4/21/20  (one of our BEST bloomers this year)



Cantina Iris 4/28/20



Lemon Duet Iris 4/28/20



Anxious Iris 4/17/20  (Love the border on this newish Iris in our yard)



Eggnog Irises (2 in one!!!) 4/28/20



Clarence Iris 4/21/20



Honey Glazed Iris (our first bloomer this year on 4/9); This picture was taken on  4/21/20.



Las Vegas Iris 4/28/20



Double Your Fun Iris 4/14/20



BLATANT IRISES in abundance 4/22/20
I'll close showing you just one picture of how many blooms and buds we had from our Blatant Iris this year.  As I said --you should have spent the months of April/May with us!!!!  Every day,  as we "walked the yard, there would be more Irises in bloom.  Even now (as I write this on May 31) --we still have one Iris blooming,  one called Fall Fiesta....

My question is:   Do you have a favorite from this group today???? I love them all,  but Second Fiddle is exquisite I think with the raindrops on it....

Have an awesome week --and stay healthy as life begins again!!!!! Welcome to JUNE.   YEAH!!!

Hugs,



21 comments:

Linda said...

I must be craving yellow right now because I love the Lemon Duet Iris and the Buckwheat.

Ann said...

Wow, they're all so pretty. One just as beautiful as the next. Nope, can't pick a favorite, I like them all

George said...

You got some beautiful photos of our iris. I'm glad they put on such a great show this Spring.

Dee said...

Spectacular!!!! I vote for Bountiful Harvest. When your blog came up on the screen and my eyes saw that exquisite iris, I was mesmerized by its beauty. Just sat and looked at it. The others are pretty but it is absolutely breathtaking beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Spring has been cool and a lot of rain here in south central PA but I finally finished planting annuals in pots and my faithful regular perennials come up year after year. I love weather in the 70's but our summers are above that so I will enjoy what ever the day holds:)

Arkansas Patti said...

Loved the ruffles on the eggnog.

David said...

Betsy, All we have is the yellow iris...and lots of them in our yard. Your yard is always spectacular but in our case, we're a bit lazier... Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Second fiddle and blantant iris...I love both of these! What beautiful blooms you have this year! Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
What beautiful blooms, they all look so gorgeous it's hard to pick a favourite. In fact I think they are all my favourite LOL!

Have a lovely new week and a happy month of June.

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love all of your iris! Iris are one of my favorite flowers - in all their beautiful and colorful varieties. Thank you for sharing these pictures. Stay safe and well!

linda m said...

Betsy, they are all so gorgeous that i can't pick just one. You are so fortunate to have such beautiful flowers growing in your yard.

Lady Di Tn said...

Beautiful header and wonderful photos of Tennessee Official flower. Peace

The Furry Gnome said...

I think I like Second Fiddle too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW!!!! All are stunning, but if i had to pick one favourite , it would be the Lemon Duet. This actually surprises me, as I usually am more drawn to the pinks and purples, but this one has a very delicate beauty to it.

Betsy said...

Our iris has just started blooming during the psat few days up here. Your iris' are amazingly beautiful.
BLessings,
Betsy

Betsy said...

I love every single one of them. I wish I had more and so many different kinds like you have shown here. Beautiful!

Lady Fi said...

Wow - they are so gorgeous!

Jeevan said...

Definitely a tough question to answer with multiple pretty blossoms of Irises here and I really enjoyed watching and reading their interesting names as well! Hope you stay safe at your place… its summer here but the weather wasn’t that harsh and looks mostly sunny and beautiful.

Take care

Connie said...

Such a lovely variety. They are all showing off for you. So pretty. I like the lemon duet.

diane b said...

Wow what a beautiful collection. All so lovely too hard to choose.

BeachGypsy said...

hi there Betsey....your irises are gorgeous!! We have none....but will definetly plant bulbs this Fall!!! You inspired me! Hope you're having a nice weekend!!

Kay said...

You have the most beautiful flowers, Betsy. That iris on your header is absolutely stunning!