Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Monday, June 8, 2020

More IRISES in our Yard 2020--Part II

Waltz Across Texas Iris -- photo taken 5/1/20
Dear Friends,  As I said last week,  we had 32 different varieties of Irises blooming in our yard this Spring.   AND --many of those varieties each had many many blooms.  It was a great year for the Irises and George and I loved  "walking the yard" most every day!!!!

Last week (Click HERE)  I posted Part I of the Irises...  Today I will share the remainer of them.   I will probably publish one more post showing some of the 'group' pictures of the Irises in our yard.... I hope you enjoy seeing all of them.  They are gone now (sniff sniff) --but I love looking at all of the pictures and choosing ones to show you!!!




English Charm Iris --5/5/20 (after the rain)



Electric Shock Iris  5/3/20



Iceland Iris  4/21/20



Champagne Elegance Iris  5/5/20 (after the rain)



Feedback Iris  5/2/20



Floor Show Iris  4/29/20  (George took this neat picture.)



Harvest of Memories Iris  5/3/20



Orange Harvest Iris 5/23/20 (always a gorgeous Iris)



Hell's Fire Iris 5/1/20



Fall Fiesta Iris 5/16/20 (George took this picture of the LAST Iris variety to bloom this season.)



Halloween Halo Iris 4/25/20



Eugenia King Iris 5/5/20  (Taken after the Rain)



Cable Car Iris 5/18/20



Bountiful Harvest Iris 5/2/20  (my favorite Iris;  note my header blog picture)



Goodnight Kiss Iris 5/3/20  (Such a beautiful Iris which we have had for several years;  This year --for the first time,  we realized that this is NOT the name of it....They must have sent the wrong Iris when we ordered it years ago--and we didn't catch the mistake.  SO---to us,  it is still Goodnight Kiss.  Just don't try to order it under this name!!!!!!!  I absolutely love the colors in this Iris.  I wish I knew the 'real' name.
WELL---there you have it!!!!  Those are our 32 varieties of Irises this season.  Most of them are rebloomers --so hopefully they will rebloom in the Fall....  I have never enjoyed our Irises as much as I have this year.   I have one more post to share sometime --showing our Irises in groups,  many showing off many, many blooms....

The question I always ask is which in this group is your favorite????   You know how much I love Bountiful Harvest---but another favorite this year is  Waltz Across Texas.  It bloomed and bloomed, and so did Eugenia King.

Have an awesome week ---don't forget to get out and enjoy the Flowers and just being out in Nature.

Hugs,







16 comments:

Ann said...

Each one is beautiful so I can't possibly pick just one as a favorite. They all get my vote...lol

Fun60 said...

Harvest of memories would be a favourite. I love yellow irises. Your garden must be so lovely at the moment.

Sandi said...

These are so gorgeous!

Linda said...

We love all the purple flowers.
They are all beautiful

Astro and Mitzie

David said...

Betsy, For me its the Orange Harvest... Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

George said...

What a beautiful review of the gorgeous irises we had this year!

Deb J. in Utah said...

They are all so beautiful, it is hard to choose a favorite. I love them all. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

linda m said...

Bountiful Harvest is still my all time favorite, but I really love them all.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Betsy, you know I can’t pick just one, so if you take one of each and hand deliver them to my door, I will be very happy. 😊

Betsy said...

They are all so beautiful I can't begin to choose one. Thank you so much for sharing them all with us. I do hope they rebloom for you this fall.
Blessings,
Betsy

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, your yard is doing better than ever! Waltz Across Teas is my favorite. Followed by Goodnight Kiss and Orange Harvest.

The Furry Gnome said...

They're all gorgeous!

Linda said...

So many stunners! Well shown too.

Shug said...

I know that it is like a treasure hunt for you each day, to walk outside and find such beauties growing in your flower garden. I would.be like a kid at an Easter egg hunt....searching to see what I could find. They are all so Beautiful....

Connie said...

So pretty! I like the Feedback one.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh Betsy, these irises are beautiful, such wonderful colours.

All the best Jan