Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, May 25, 2020

MEMORIAL DAY 2020



Today is Memorial Day 2020.  Please take time today to stop and say a moment of Gratitude for those who died to give us the freedoms we enjoy now.

I'll share a few quotes I read:
“Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives.”- John Adams“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We did not pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”- Ronald Reagan




“Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Never was so much owed by so many to so few.”- Winston Churchill



“Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.”- Unknown

“I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.”- Bob Riley





“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived.”- George S. Patton




“There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country.”- Nick Lampson

“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy

If you'd like to read many more quotes about Memorial Day,  here is the link with the information I am using today, plus more!  Click HERE.

I will close with this one last thought.



Hugs,




14 comments:

Ann said...

Happy Memorial Day. Wonderful quotes.

George said...

What a marvelous Memorial Day post.

Big Dude said...

Great post Betsy

Ginny Hartzler said...

wonderful post to commemorate today. I hope you are both doing well, maybe having a get together with your sons.

The Furry Gnome said...

Wonderful selection of quotes!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great tribute to those who fought.

David said...

Betsy, Nice post, perfect for the day. RIP, Ronald Allen Myers, KIA 5/6/45. Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Linda said...

Nice tribute!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Betsy! Amen to all these quotes. I got your lovely thank you card. I hope the masks are working out. If not, let me know. I have more fabric and better elastic now that I am sewing for the Navajo Nation. Thanks for this post. Stay safe and well!

Lowcarb team member said...

Blessings dear Betsy.
This is a wonderful Memorial Day post.

All the best Jan

Great-Granny Grandma said...

What a nice tribute. I really like your selection of quotes.

Lady Di Tn said...

Some I have heard and some not. Thanks for sharing. Peace

Connie said...

Great list of quotes for the Memorial Day holiday.

Shug said...

I'm a bit behind......but I sure did enjoy your quotes and the pictures. We have been turned upside down. Had some water damage to our home and I've barely had time to post. Hope to be put back together in a couple of weeks. Hope you enjoy a beautiful weekend.....hugs