Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, October 21, 2019

Take Time to See the Beauty ABOVE!!!!

From Abbott Lake in the Peaks of Otter on 8/5/19;  Love seeing the clouds reflecting in the water!
Hello Blog Friends/Family...  Hope you are all doing well!!!!   Today's post is a compilation of pictures from two recent trips... I love watching the SKY --so when I started working on pictures,  I enjoyed finding pictures from those trips to share with you... Whether I am looking at sky reflections in water,  OR puffy clouds with a pretty blue sky,  OR clouds that look like 'critters in the sky',  OR clouds before or after sunrises or sunsets  OR just a beautiful clear day with a gorgeous blue sky----- I just love it all!!!! Hope you enjoy the pictures today. There's just so much beauty all around us ---if we LOOK.   (NOTE:   I think that you will enjoy these pictures SO much more ---if you click on them in order to see the details.)


Another reflection picture from the Peaks of Otter, 8/5/19;   This is when you can enjoy seeing the clouds/sky without looking UP!!!!! ha



After sunset at the Peaks of Otter, 8/5/19,  We took a long walk after dinner --and enjoyed seeing this beautiful area.  Again,  the reflections in the lake were awesome.



On 8/7/19,  we drove north from Skyland Resort (where we were staying) and stopped at several overlooks along the way.  This picture was taken from the Thorofare Mountain Overlook, elevation 3595'.



Crazy Critters in the Sky as we waited for the sunset;   Skyland Resort--8/7/19, which has an elevation of 3710';  



Clouds are so gorgeous as the sun begins to sett!!!   We were at Skyland Resort off of Skyline Drive on 8/7/19 when this picture was taken.



On 8/8/19, we took a hike to Little Stony Man Overlook (elevation--3642').     I love the mountains and those pretty clouds from that overlook. Our elevation gain on that hike was about 450 feet.    Can you see the road (Skyline Drive) below?



From the Crescent Rock Overlook (elevation 3550') along Skyline Drive (south of Skyland) on 8/8/19



Another gorgeous sky with the Shenandoah Valley below;  Taken along Skyline Drive, at the Timber Hollow Overlook,  elevation 3360',  8/8/19



A picture of the sky/clouds taken after sunset from our balcony at Skyland Resort, VA --on 8/8/19

All of the pictures above were taken on my Birthday Trip to the Peaks of Otter and Skyland Resort  from 8/5-8/8, 2019.   The pictures below were all taken on our little trip to Pisgah Inn on 9/25 and 9/26,  2019.



On 9/25/19,   we headed north on the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Craggy Gardens area.   The elevation here is 5497'...   As I've said,  I love being at the higher elevations along the parkway.  This year,  I was thrilled to see the Mountain Ash Trees in bloom  with lots of little red berries... Mountain Ash trees LOVE higher elevations.  SO pretty!!!





On 9/25/19,  we continued driving north on the Blue Ridge Parkway to Mt. Mitchell State Park.  We hiked up to the summit for some great pictures.  The elevation here was about 6700 feet.  I love seeing the Balsams and of course the layers of mountain ranges..  There weren't many clouds in the sky on this beautiful day!


After our day on the Blue Ridge Parkway (9/25/19),   we headed back to Pisgah Inn --just in time to see this marvelous sky after sunset...



The next day (9/26/19)---our journey took us south on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  This picture was taken near the Looking Glass Rock Overlook,  Elevation--4492'



The wildflowers along the Blue Ridge Parkway Overlooks were gorgeous this time of year (9/26/19).  This picture was taken at the Caney Fork Overlook,  elevation 5650'.



The higher we got,  the more beautiful Balsam trees we saw... This picture was taken (9/26/19) at the Haywood Jackson Overlook,  elevation 6020'.
WELL--I hope you really liked this post...  (At least you can tell me you liked it!!!!!!! ha ha )  I have spent more time on this one than most others in a long time.... Working on two trips at the same time isn't always easy --especially when I have SO many pictures to choose from.  Then I wanted to see where the pictures were taken --so had to research that,  etc. etc. etc.   GADS---sometimes I try to do too much since most people (me included) don't have time to even read what another person writes....  'Tis the busy lives we all have.....

Have an awesome day ---and THANKS for taking time to read my posts!!!!!

Hugs,

40 comments:

Small Kucing said...

such a lovely sky and photos. Dropping by here briefly to say hi and to wish you and George a great week ahead.

Ann said...

Oh Betsy, these are all gorgeous. The sky is the perfect subject since it's like a different story every day.

Big Dude said...

Great shots of your mountains - I can't imagine how many you've taken.

George said...

All of these pictures are beautiful. You did a great job of sharing the beauty we've enjoyed on our trips.

Dee said...

Aw Betsy, I love, love the pictures you take of the scenery. Thanks so much for sharing them. I've been on Sky Line Drive and in the Smoky Mountains but I didn't hike to areas like you and George. Maybe I will get to do it before I turn 80.

Betsy said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful sky photos Betsy. I can never get enough of blue skies and mountains. Your photos remind me very much of our views here in Washington, Idaho and Montana.
Blessings,
Betsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thank You so much. I still remember you and your family after the death of your mother... HUGS to you.
Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thank You, Ann. You are so correct about the sky being different every day ---or even every minute or hour. AMAZING, isn't it?
Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thank You so much. Those two trips were amazing --with great weather and clear skies.... I've enjoyed your pictures from your recent trips.
Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thanks George.... I loved both of those recent trips --and we can go back anytime...
Love,
Wifey

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Dee, The greatest thing about driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive is that there is so much beauty right there at all of the overlooks.... That is awesome for people who cannot do much hiking... We are able to hike now --but we keep those hikes to short distances... Hope you do get to those areas sometime.
Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thanks Betsy..... You know much I love our mountains --but I also love those mountains out west... Our last West Trip to Montana was amazing.... I enjoy reading your blogs --and was scared for you driving back home from Nebraska during all of that snow/storm... Glad you made it by going a different route home... I also love your new Lake Home/RV.... Gorgeous. I know you are anxious for Spring now --so that you can enjoy it.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ginny Hartzler said...

these pictures are gorgeous! The clouds and mountains are so beautiful. And the clouds in all the shots are like 3-D, they seem to really stand out like in real life. I have no favorite, they are ALL my favorite!

George said...

By the way, I'm ready to go back to both of these places!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Betsy I very much enjoyed these sights. You know me, I love the sky scenes. You have some excellent ones here.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Ginny, Thanks... I had so many good pictures from these two trips.... The weather and blue skies were PERFECT.... Glad you liked them. How are you these days?
Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

YES YES YES, George..... I love Skyland, Peaks of Otter, and Mt. Pisgah --and would choose to return there over and over...

Love,
Wifey

Arkansas Patti said...

Love that header and all the lovely shots of the mountains. The only time I was on the Parkway it was socked
in--fog or clouds but regardless I saw little. Thanks for showing me what I missed.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Ha Ha, Patti..... We have been on the parkway many times with fog/ice/snow/clouds, etc.... These two trips --the weather was PERFECT.... Maybe you can go back sometime...

Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Ruth, I know how much you love SKY pictures Your pictures are always TERRIFIC..... Thanks so much for enjoying mine.

Looks like you had a great time with family recently. That is also a joy for me.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

Your header is gorgeous!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thank You, George.... "Right Place at the Right time"

Love,
Wifey

linda m said...

Those are some of the most fantastic pictures. Love this post. You did a really good job and all the hard work shows.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thank You, Linda. I love working on pictures especially when the weather cooperates.... Such Joy for me!!!!! Thanks for your support ALWAYS. Love you.
Hugs,
Betsy

Great-Granny Grandma said...

These are really beautiful. It would be hard to choose, but I think my favorites are the sunset one, and then the after the sunset one at Pisgah.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thank You so much.... It was amazing how gorgeous our weather was on this trip... That always helps when trying to take good pictures.... How are you doing?
Hugs,
Betsy

Linda said...

Gorgeous skies! The colors have started to change in the mountains and Skyline Drive is very crowded on weekends.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thanks Linda.... I'm sure that Skyline Drive is crowded this time of year... Bet the colors are pretty though.... I love your area of our country.
Hugs,
Betsy

Linda G. said...

I loved all your beautiful sky pictures. I, too, enjoy seeing the sky reflected in bodies of water. I published a new “bicycling” blog post last night. As I have done since September, when we purchased a GoPro camera, I have included a video of our bicycle ride. Bob shoots and edits the video. In this newest video he used two songs that he played on his ukulele.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Awesome, Linda. I will check out your post/video. I always enjoy looking at your adventures --whether it is biking or traveling... Your Fall Colors much be beautiful now.

Hugs,
Betsy

William Kendall said...

Glorious views!

David said...

Betsy, Amazing photos! Really spectacular... I especially like the great cloud photos juxtaposed with the mountains. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thank You SO much... I had fun with these photos.

Betsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thanks, Dave.... "Right Place at the RIGHT time" for these photos. I had so much fun taking them --and choosing which ones to feature...

Hope you two are doing well.
Hugs,
Betsy

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
Another lovely post … I'm so pleased you take time to share your wonderful photographs.
Special memories for you and different places to visit for all those that read your blog.
Amazing and thank you.

All the best Jan

Betsy Banks Adams said...


Hi Jan, Thanks SO much.... I really enjoyed working on this post since the weather was so perfect and it was 'easy' getting good pictures....

Hugs,
Betsy

Connie said...

Wow! So many gorgeous photos. I love this post, Betsy. So many great captures of the sky.

diane b said...

You do some lovely trips. Great sky shots

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thank You so much, Connie. I enjoyed working on this one...There's always so much to see in the SKY for sure...

Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thanks Diane. I really enjoyed working on this post since the weather was SO prefect for photos...

Hope you two are enjoying LIFE.... Seems like (from what I read) that you ARE.
Hugs,
Betsy