Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, May 8, 2017

Chau Ram County Park Visit, Westminster, South Carolina 5/6/17

George getting pictures of RAMSEY CASCADES 
While traveling on May 6,   George and I stopped for a little hiking plus checking out a waterfall in the Chau Ram County Park near Westminster,  SC.  This is the neatest little park ---and if you are ever traveling along Highway 76 between Clayton,  Georgia,  and Westminster,  South Carolina,  take a few minutes to visit here.

The park gets its name from two bodies of water which converge here..  One is Ramsey Creek and one is Chauga River... Hence--the name CHAU RAM County Park.

Since we were 'on the road' we didn't stay long --but we were there long enough to check out some of the park and its beauty...  Today I'll share some of the pictures we took that day...   You can click on the pictures to see enlargements...


The gorgeous  MOUNTAIN LAUREL was in bloom...  AWESOME!!!



A close-up picture of the MOUNTAIN LAUREL in bloom



Reflections of the Mountain Laurel in the water 



We crossed the CHAUGA RIVER on the SWINGING BRIDGE  you can see in this picture...



As we hiked on the 'other' side of the CHAUGA RIVER,  we stopped to get a picture of the WATER rushing over the rocks!!!!   



I took this picture of George as he climbed around on the rocks to get some good 'water pictures'.



The one thing I think about when looking at my pictures from this little park is PEACE....  This is a fantastic and PEACEFUL place...



Can you see me?????   George took this picture of me on the Swinging Bridge!!!!  (That is a little 'island' between the waters of the Chauga River.)



Beautiful MOUNTAIN LAUREL in full bloom!
I'll close with one more picture of the Mountain Laurel in bloom....   Hope you enjoyed our little visit to this amazing park...

Have an awesome week...

Hugs,

36 comments:

Betsy said...

What a beautiful place Betsy. You are so blessed to be able to travel to so many absolutely stunning places in your area. And we are blessed that you want to share them with us. Thank you my sweet friend.
Blessings always, Betsy

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, I am so glad you and George share your traveling with us. I see so much beauty in your photographs and learn so much. I've read novels in which mountain laurel was mentioned, but never knew what it looked like. Now I do! Thank you. Peace.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Peaceful is a good word to describe these pictures. Hope you're having a wonderful time. It's raining hereabout that is good.I love a good rain.

Fun60 said...

Beautiful photos Betsy. No matter where I am whenever I see a waterfall, no matter how small I always think of you and George.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Mountain Laurel is so pretty! I have never seen any, even though we live in the mountains! What a gorgeous place! And a sweet little cascade. But you would have to drag me kicking and screaming to get on that bridge!

George said...

I really enjoyed our visit to this beautiful park. We'll have to go back when we have more time.

Lowcarb team member said...

That Mountain Laurel is just lovely, so good to see your photographs.
I do like the one of you on the Swing-bridge and the first one of George getting pictures of Ramsay Cascades.

Wishing you a good week ahead.

All the best Jan

Marcia said...

Those mountain laurel are gorgeous. I noticed that rhododendron around here are blooming now. Lovely little park.

David said...

Betsy, Another beautiful little spot to add to our list. You and George sure can pick them! Great little river and waterfalls... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

You two find the neatest places to visit. I especially like the first shot of the bridge, the water rushing over the rocks, and that beautiful close-up of the mountain laurel.

Kay said...

You two really do find the most beautiful places to explore. The mountain laurel is such a gorgeous flower.

Jacqueline said...

I am adding this to our list of places to see. Thanks for sharing it with us. Jackie

Linda P said...

The mountain laurel is new to me and looks spectacular in that natural setting. We've been experiencing cold winds here and I've only started going out again for short walks around our neighbourhood and park after being unwell. I was amazed to see so many beautiful flowers on the trees and shrubs. May is a good month for them. Wishing you and George a good week.

Big Dude said...

Great shots of a pretty area.

A Colorful World said...

Oh that mountain laurel! Love it. Beautiful place to stop, Betsy. Great photos! We are finally home...have so much more to post. :-)

Arkansas Patti said...

What a lovely spot. I would love to have a picnic there. Lots of water for the falls and enjoyed the pictures of the mountain laurel which I have never seen in person.

Connie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Betsy! Such a lovely spot.

Ann Thompson said...

What a beautiful place. That mountain laurel is so pretty

Judy said...

what a lovely place to stop. It looks so peaceful. Thank you for sharing the beauty.

LV said...

What wonderful memories you two can share when the rocking chair days roll around. You both have truly been blessed to be able to get out and enjoy nature. I have the greatest admiration for you. Just keep on going.

Rose said...

Oh, Betsy...you were sure in some beautiful places. Loved that waterfall, and the close up of the Mountain Laurel.

BeachGypsy said...

Hi there Betsy! well that is in our state and I've never heard of it.......oh my gosh how pretty is that mountain laurel??! what a lovely park--we would most definetly go there now if we are in the area. Love the pictures. I do love waterfalls and that is a pretty one and looks very shallow, great for wading in this summer! That swinging bridge picture is fun!

Lux G. said...

What a lovely place. The bridge and the flowers make it look like a fantasy world. Like from some old cartoons I used to watch as a kid.

Pam said...

I love that you and George travel and go places seeing such nice sites. Love you pics! Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Linda G. said...

That is a beautiful park.

Linda said...

Oh my! What a charming park!

Jeevan said...

Beautiful Park to go along with peaceful waterfalls and pleasant blossoms of mountain laurel! The swinging bridge seems to connect lovely across the river… Glad u enjoy the visit

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy, I have never been to that park. Glad you showed it in its glory! Beautiful-looking spot. Glad you had a great trip there. Have a wonderful weekend!

Beatriz said...

Wow Betsy, all those landscapes just in the middle of the road, what beauty! The world is really beautiful and mother nature always gives us these gifts...
You from the Northern Hemisphere are in the most beautiful season of all, spring is really an inspiration all the time!

Nice weekend dear Betsy!
Bia
www.biaviagemambiental.blogspot.com

Pat Tillett said...

Just one more fantastic place you've visited.
One beautiful photo after another Betsy.

Wendy said...

What beautiful spots you and George visit. That mountain laurel is stunning! And "yes!" I can see you standing on the bridge! But not much of you - it's too far away. LOL.

Thanks for sharing!
Hugs

diane b said...

It sure does look beautiful and peaceful

Janie said...

I love the mountain Laurel and the waterfall. All the photos are gorgeous. What a beautiful place.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Looks like a beautiful place. Our mountain laurel is in bloom here, too.

Sikoreczka said...

Woow !!
It is a beautifull park.
Nice blog.
Nice day

Unknown said...

Very nice park. Small campground with elec and water. Campgroynd is a little steep, bring your leveling blocks.