Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Thursday, February 1, 2024

 Dear Friends,  Welcome to February!!!    January was a very very cold, snowy, rainy, foggy month this year here in Tennessee.   I love snow --but told George that we have had enough... Now I'm ready for Spring!!!!! (I WISH!!! ha ha)

Here are a few pictures of our 8 1/2 inch snow that stayed around and kept us inside for over a week. All of the pictures are  in and around our yard.  All were on January 15 --with the last two being taken on Jan 16 and 17.














The sun finally came out on Jan. 17 ---but it was bitter cold!!! 

Friends that live north of us are used to a lot of SNOW.  Here in Tennessee,  we aren't... As pretty as it was (makes the earth seem so clean and peaceful) ---we were truly stuck at home for over a week.  Our community tries to scrape the snow off of some of the roads --but layers of ice formed and kept us from going up and down our big hill.   

Hope all of you are doing well.   I am sorry that I don't blog much anymore (and have lost many good friends because of it).  But at age 81,  my life has slowed down.   The only social media program I participate in now is Facebook which I love.  Many of my Blog Friends are on Facebook so I can keep up with them that way!!!!! 

Again I say,  make February the Month of LOVE----and let's keep it going very month!

Love to all,

BETSY and GEORGE

 


12 comments:

George said...

You're not the only one who thinks we've had enough snow for one winter! Spring can't come soon enough for me.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good to see a post from you, Betsy! I don't use Facebook as much as Blogger. So glad you got this snow; I know how much you love it!

Shug said...

Hey Betsy....I was excited to see your post. Y'all have really had some cooler temps this year. We only had a few days of the really cold stuff...No snow, just ice. all of the photos are beautiful, as I love seeing the white fluffy snow. I especially love your header photo...so warm and peaceful. I also totally enjoy all of your FB post...Love keeping up with you.

Buttercup said...

Hi Betsy and George!
So grateful that we can continue to be in touch on Facebook. It's cold here and for the last week, cloudy. We started up sunny this morning, but it's back to gloom. Thankfully, it's not slippery. Icy sidewalks are my cryptonite. Take care, my friends!

Betsy said...

Happy February Betsy. It's THIS Betsy's birthday today! I just posted about our recent trip. We got home late Tuesday. It was so nice to be someplace warm. The day we left here was LOTS of snow and temps of -20F. Windchills were -40 to -45F. Texas was so much nicer even though it was also having a cold snap in the 40's. I had flip-flops and sweaters on. It felt like summer to us after what we had left at home!
I enjoy hearing from you in anyway you want to communicate. I'm glad you and George are doing well.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

eileeninmd said...

We had the same snow here, maybe only 5-6 inches.
It looks pretty for a while and then I am ready for it to be gone.
I miss going out for walks on those icy and cold winter days.
Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

Linda G. said...

Spring is coming early this year, according to Punxsutawney Phil. He didn’t see his shadow this morning.

Marcia said...

You did get a lot of snow. It rivals what we've had up here in NH.

Ann said...

Wow, you really got blasted with the snow. We are used to it but it doesn't make me happy to see it. At least when we get the amounts you did we can still get out though. Our dept of transportation is well equipped to take care of the roads when we get hit.

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy February wishes.
I enjoyed your snow photographs from the warmth and comfort of my armchair.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness! You did get a lot of snow.

All the best Jan

Fun60 said...

I wonder if you had a very wet February after your snowy January. We are wallowing in mud here after too much rain. Hopefully your bulbs have now pushed their way through the ground and are opening up and bringing to smile to your face.