Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MAY!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful IRISES from our yard. Meet "Goodnight Kiss"

Monday, October 23, 2023

FALL COLORS 2023

 Dear Blog Friends,   What a month I have had!!!! October has just passed me by!!! In fact, 2023 has been a year I hope I never have again!   After several heart-aches and health problems this year,   I am still glad to be here ---kicking and screaming (ha)!!

For you see,  I had another health emergency --and this one turned out to be the worst one I've had.  A few weeks ago,  following the big Hematoma on my hip,  my Cardiologist said that I needed to get a Watchman Implant put in my heart,  so that I could get off of the dangerous Blood Thinner.  I was thrilled to get that procedure done, so we planned it... 

On October 12,  I went to the hospital and had that procedure done.  It was successful.   HOWEVER,  during that process,  the doctors hit an ARTERY --which caused lots and lots of bleeding.  My Blood Pressure dropped so low that they thought I would go into Cardiac Arrest.  Luckily, they found the leak and fixed it (with the help of TWO stints)...  AND--I'm still here to tell that story!!  Thanks be to God.

It's been a little over a week since all of this happened,  and I'm am home recovering... I'm black and blue from the bruising and I have a big Hematoma on the upper part of my right leg...  But--with each passing day,  I'm beginning to feel better. It's a long process and I just need to be patient.

Yesterday my Sweet Husband took me for a ride along the back roads in our area... (We had missed our annual trip to the Smokies/Cherohala this year.)  So this little ride gave me an opportunity to take some Fall pictures on the Cumberland Plateau... It was so much fun --and was like "medicine" for my soul.

Here are a few pictures for you today.  Hope you are all WELL and HAPPY.  








Love to ALL,

BETSY and GEORGE

19 comments:

Twilight Man said...

Betsy I am happy to hear that you are slowly but surely recovering. You will be back with good health and energy.

Your fall photos are very colourful and beautiful!! That's my most favourite season in America.

Sandee said...

I followed your horrible adventure on Facebook. I'm glad you're better now.

Beautiful fall colors. Wow. We don't get that here.

Have a fabulous day and week. Big hug. ♥

George said...

I'm so happy you're feeling strong enough to take a ride along the back roads to see some autumn color. You got beautiful pictures.

Ginny Hartzler said...

All such gorgeous photos. My very favorite is the huge yellow one. Oh my, Betsy, I am so sorry! What a time you had. But I know that God was with you and the surgeons. I'm so glad that you are still kicking and screaming!

Linda G. said...

Beautiful fall colors. Going on drives, when I have been stuck inside, go a long ways toward lifting my spirit. Glad to see the drive did that for you, and you got enough strength back to say hey to us here in blogland.

Marcia said...

What a month you've had and it's not over. Glad to read you're on the mend now.

Jim and Sandie said...

Your pictures are gorgeous. Here in the desert we don't get to see those beautiful colors unless we drive up into the mountains. Getting away and enjoying nature is so healing. Happy to hear you are getting stronger. Be patient.

Sandie

The Furry Gnome said...

The world is orange up here too! And be glad they were able to stop the bleeding. In my case they couldn't and so I'm paralyzed!

Betsy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your adventure. It sounds similar to when I got my pacemaker. They accidentally punctured my lung with the lead that attaches to my heart and my lung collapsed. That wasn't fun! :-) But God is so good and I was able to be "fixed" and was up and running in a few weeks. Well, running may be an exageration.
I'm so glad George took you out to see the trees so you didn't miss them completely. Take care my dear Betsy. Ill be praying for you.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Ann said...

So glad to hear that you are home and recovering. What a scary thing to happen during your surgery. Thankfully you had skilled surgeons who could take care of that.
The fall colors are gorgeous.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, I am happy to hear you are on the mend after such a horrible month.
The fall colors are beautiful, lovely collection of photos.
Take good care of yourself. Have a great week!

Lynda said...

As usual, your pictures are super gorgeous! This is my favorite time of year, also - - - even with the yard work. Those leaves mulch nicely with the mower.
It is close to a miracle that you are even alive! It totally boggles my mind what your body has had to endure. God sure built you tough and HE still has a reason for not taking you to His home yet! Praying you bounce back easily but it will obviously take a bit longer this time. Thanks for updating us!

Nellie said...

That is a very scary experience, Betsy! Yes, patience is required for your total recovery! We have enjoyed a beautiful fall here!

Shug said...

I'm glad you are good at listening to your doctor. Hope you are healing well and hope you will have the much needed energy that I know you love to have. Oh my goodness....these colors are stunning. I'm a wee bit jealous of all the Fall colors you all have. As you know...Texas isn't a great place to view the Fall colors when it comes to the trees...

Aaliyah said...

thanks for sharing great blog article.Thanks Again បាការ៉ាត់អនឡាញដែលគួរឱ្យទុកចិត្ត

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
I am sorry to read about your health problems but so pleased you are on the mend and have been able to go out.
These photographs are wonderful, the colours so beautiful.
Sending my good wishes to you both.

All the best Jan

diane b said...

Beautiful colours and beautiful photos.

diane b said...

Sorry to hear the op had a hick up . A leaking artery is not good. Sure do hope everything goes well from now on.

Lux G. said...

I think fall is the prettiest time of the year. Such lovely colors. Great photos!