Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

"What we Saw" at the Biltmore Estate on May 17-18, 2023

 Dear Blog Friends,   George and I finally got to Biltmore  (first time since Christmas)  on May 17-18, 2023...  As most of you know,  we have season's passes and love to go several times during the year to see all of the different events and blooms... On this little trip,  these are some of the things which we saw!!!! Biltmore was beautiful---and was a little trip we both desperately needed (after our rough 3 months dealing with son Bert's cancer and death)...

SO today,  I have chosen to share with you several things which we saw during this visit!!!  Hope you enjoy my post and hope you can get to Biltmore sometime to enjoy it for yourselves!!!  (By the way,  these pictures are only a SMALL portion of what we saw and did... I took about 200 pictures!!!! ha)

Beautiful Biltmore ---'MY' Home (of course!!!!!!! ha)



George and I --taken at the Lagoon at Biltmore --across the water looking up toward the back of the BIG house!!!



The Kousa Dogwoods  are in full bloom and are all over the grounds at Biltmore.  Gorgeous!!



I loved seeing all of the Rhododendrons in bloom while we were there.



AND the Mountain Laurels were showing off all of their beauty!




Looking across the lake not far from the waterfall;  I loved the reflections in the water.



This is something I have never seen at Biltmore!!!  Be sure and read the sign!!!


See the Rhododendrons in bloom across the lake?



Beautiful flowers inside the Conservatory




It was interesting to watch the Biltmore Black-Smith.  He was so personable and fun to listen to and watch.



And my favorite thing to show you:  a beautiful Chandelier hanging in the Winery by none other than CHIHULY.   Isn't it awesome????

Hope you enjoyed seeing my photos... As you can tell,  we had a great time!!!! Several of you have asked how we are doing.  We are OKAY....  I miss Bert TERRIBLY and think about him constantly.  BUT--he would not want me to sit around and mope and be sad.   SO---we are keeping on living the best life we can!!!! It's all about ATTITUDE!!!! 

Bert's 60th Birthday will be on July 18.   The family will scatter his ashes in the Smoky Mountains sometime that week...

Hope you are doing well.   I'll try to do a better job of blogging and staying in touch. 

Much Love,

BETSY and GEORGE




12 comments:

Ann said...

Such a beautiful place. I would love to go there some day. That dogwood is amazing. How fun that they have goats now as well.

Lynda said...

So thankful your favorite "guy" and you got to visit your favorite place! Beautiful pictures and memories as always. Have a blessed week. LOVE YOU!

Linda G. said...

Your Biltmore pictures are lovely. It has been so many years since we visited there. My memories of our visits are still strong. It is a lovely place.

Sandee said...

What a beautiful place to explore. Great shots and I love the shot of you and hubby.

Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots of a beautiful place.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Betsy, I am so glad you are continuing to have your adventures! My very favorite is of course Dale Chihuly!

George said...

Our Biltmore visit was rally wonderful. We should try to get back there more often.

Betsy said...

That is such a beautiful place but I especially like the photo of you and George. You two are so obviously in love and an inspiration to us all.
Blessings,
Betsy

Marcia said...

That is such a grand and lovely spot. I see why you have season passes.

Shug said...

This place is still on my bucket list. Can't believe that as many times that we have been to that area, that we haven't visited Biltmore. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. glad you were able to enjoy this get-away.

diane b said...

Great attitude to keep on living a good life after a tragedy like yours. Biltmore would be good medicine for you. It is beautiful as always. have you ever posted the history of the house? I must have missed it or forgotten it .

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
I am so pleased that you and George were able to get away to this beautiful place. Lovely photographs you've shared.

Take care of yourselves.

All the best Jan