Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, October 4, 2021

Septembers Through the Years!


Dear Blog Friends,    It's been awhile since I wrote...If  you read my last post,  you'll know that we had a car accident on August 15.    I broke my right wrist and jammed some fingers in my right hand.  That has prevented me from doing much writing or typing... I've tried to use Siri but she doesn't understand my southern drawl!!!  ha...  

If you are on Facebook then you have kept up with my progress...  Overall,  I am NOW doing well except for some problems with my hearing (due to the airbags), and also some neuropathy problems.  My wrist is mending nicely.  I only had to wear the hard cast for 5 weeks and a velcro brace for 1-2 weeks.  I still wear it off and on --and am doing my exercises to strengthen that wrist.  

I will admit that I had a hard time for a couple of weeks,  mostly emotionally.   BUT--with the love, attention and help from God, George, Family and many Friends,  I pulled myself together and have been back to my old 'positive' self again.

The next step for me is to see an ENT doctor to check my ears/hearing...  I have that appointment now--scheduled finally for Oct. 14.... BABY STEPS!!!! PATIENCE, Betsy!!!!!! ha

I can now type again ---so I'M BACK!!!!!    Today's Post is one I had a great time working on.  I was looking back at past Septembers to see what we did!!!!  I had fun-fun-fun choosing some of our favorite trips/pictures to share with you today...   George and I have been blessed with quite a lot of traveling for the past 15+ years... I hope you enjoy seeing some of these great memories.. 

 
From the lodge at Pine Mountain State Park,  KENTUCKY  --September 2010



Train Ride at Cass Railroad,  WEST VIRGINIA -- September 2011



Mount Rushmore in SOUTH DAKOTA-- September 2012



                        A Ride on the Schooner Alliance,  Yorktown, VIRGINIA--  September 2013



We hiked to the top of Sharp Top Mountain,  Peaks of Otter,  VIRGINIA--September 2016



Beautiful ZION National Park,  UTAH  ---Sept.  2017


Lower Falls of the Yellowstone; Yellowstone National Park,  WYOMING --Sept. 2012


We drove over Beartooth Mountain,  MONTANA-- Sept 2018




Schwaubacher Landing, Grand Teton National Park,  WYOMING --Sept 2018


Looking toward Pikes Peak, near Colorado Springs, COLORADO in the Rocky Mountains-- Sept 2012


Oh the memories!!!!   I tried to pull out pictures from several different states...  Someone asked me:  What are your favorite places on this list???   Well--that's hard since I loved them all.   However,  the places I would love to visit again (over and over) are:  the TETONS and Cass Railroad.   George would love to go on the Schooner Alliance in Yorktown since he LOVES "Tall Ships".....

My advice to all of you:  Get out now when you can and TRAVEL.... I'm so blessed to have been to all of these places --and many more!!!!

Hugs,

Betsy💝💛💚💕






 

26 comments:

Ann said...

Glad to hear you are mending well. Hearing loss can be very frustrating. Even now with my hearing aids I still don't hear perfectly and people tend to get annoyed with me when I ask them to repeat themselves. Hope all goes well with the ENT.
Beautiful photos from your trips. You sure have been to some wonderful places.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Betsy,
I am so happy to hear you are recovering well. Your trip memories are all beautiful, lovely photos. The Tetons are one of my favorite places too.
Take care, have a great week!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Betsy ~ I am so sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to read you are on the mend, mentally and physically. You are in my prayers for continual healing in body, mind and spirit. ~ Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos from past Septembers. ~ Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

Big Dude said...

Glad you are back and continuing to mend. Beautiful shots as always.

Jim and Sandie said...

So glad to see your post this morning and to know how much better you are doing. You truly have seen beautiful sights and there are more to come. Good luck with the ear doc.

Lynda said...

Gorgeous pictures as always and great memories, too.
So Very Thankful you have healed so well and praying your other medical issues will be easily resolved.

Arkansas Patti said...

So good to hear from you and that you are healing nicely. It must have been a rough go being sidelined so. Know you are in the best of hands though with George.
When I saw your Mt. Rushmore photo it dawned on me I only recognized two of the presidents and had to Google the rest. Bad Patti

Marcia said...

Betsy, somehow I missed the postscript on your last blog post and news of your accident. Glad to hear the damage was not life threatening and you are well on your way to recovery.
I broke my right wrist in an accident when I was in college. My fault too. There was a bee in the car and in trying to get it out I crossed center line just on a rise and hit another car. They were fine. I had the broken wrist and totaled VW bug.

George said...

You got some great pictures on our trips, and viewing them brought back some wonderful memories. Are you ready to do some more traveling?

Betsy said...

It's so good to read this post and know that you ARE improving albiet not as quickly as you would like. :-) You have been so many beautiful places in past years. Oh, how we would love to travel but feel pretty tied down right now with my dear MIL. Physically she would be able to travel very, very easily but mentally, she hates to leave her house. She was bad before, but Covid has really made her unwilling to go anywhere. It's like pulling teeth to get her to come over here for dinner and we are right next door.
Keep up the hard work of healing and you'll be on the road again in no time dear Betsy.
Blessings,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Love the pictures of your past travels! Thanks for sharing.

David said...

Betsy, Glad to hear that you're on the mend. It takes more time to heal than ever at our age. Great photos and great memories! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful scenes. The pictures help to bring those wonderful memories back.It is good to know that you are doing so much better now.

Fun60 said...

Those wonderful photos must have brought back great memories. Pleased to hear you are healing well.

Linda G. said...

I am so glad that you are back. Yes, I do follow along on Facebook; however your blog and Facebook provide a much better picture of life with Betsy and George. Now that we are retired, we want to travel (more travel than we do now). It is difficult to leave, though, when you have a pet. Wickett likes and wants our company! I guess we will continue our travels, as we have been doing, until Wickett is no longer with us.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
Lovely to see this post from you.
I am so pleased that you are on the mend.
These are all such lovely photographs, so nice to have these special memories.

Take care, continued thoughts and good wishes.

All the best Jan

Susie Swanson said...

I'm so glad to hear you are getting a little better. Like you said, baby steps but they will turn to big steps before you know it. You are in my Prayers and thanks for the beautiful photos. It made me feel like I was there with you all. Big Hugs .

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm glad you're doing better, Betsy! How much has your hearing changed? I wonder if it is reversable with time. Please let me know how the ENT appontment turns out. What a clever post, a treasure trove of Septembers! I actually think I remember some of these.

The Furry Gnome said...

You've got some great memories! I'm glad we did our travelling while we could.

Chatty Crone said...

The photos are AWESOME - what is even better is that you are okay. Take a day at a time and get well.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so happy to see your post and know you are improving! Love seeing travel photos. It's such a good feeling to have those pics and the memories of fun trips. Take care of yourself sweet lady!

Jeevan said...

All these places look awesome and perhaps excite to see in real! I'm glad you can travel to these places, and there's no wonder you want to see all back. I wish you recover soon and explore many such places.
Take care

SGRMSE. said...

so glad and thankful that you are on the mend. patience, yes and stay busy! time flies when you're having fun. those are some really awesome photos! i wish there were more opportunities to ride steam trains 'round here and oh my, those waterfalls!! i miss waterfalls so bad.

Joe Todd said...

Glad you are still posting. So many I used to follow are not. I have been off and on need to start again.

Cheqna said...

Hi Betsy & George!

Wow..its good to see you are still active in writing at your blog. I suddenly miss those days of enjoying the photos that you shared.

Anyway, hope you both are in the best of health.

:-)

diane b said...

Fabulous memories. Our travel has slowed as we have, but just as well because we are not allowed to travel yet until we have 80% vaccinated.