Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Happy Birthday to my Sweetheart

Little George and his Mom and Dad, about 1943--Where it all Began in Crown Point, Indiana

Happy Birthday to my Sweetheart,  George Emery Adams (born 3/9/42).   I am the most fortunate woman in the world to have met and married this fantastic man in 2001... For the past 20 years of our lives,  George and I have packed in many miles of journeys, hikes, experiences ---with a love that just continues to grow and grow... 

Today,  I'll share just a few of these marvelous trips we have taken during these last 20 years.  Hope you enjoy seeing more of the Blessed Life I have with my best friend, my husband, and my lover.

From where it all began,  to the present!!!!  Even though both George and I had great lives before we met, we were both at a turning point in our lives when we met in 2000 in Hendersonville, Tennessee.  Both of us had just moved to TN  and were looking for a new life and new friends... We MET in December of 2000,  had our first date in March of 2001,  and were married in June of 2001... We bought our cute little retirement home in Fairfield Glade, TN in 2002, sold my condo in Hendersonville and  moved here after I retired in 2003.   George continued to work until his retirement in 2006.   


George has the cutest personality and can ALWAYS make me laugh!!!!!!  Laughter along with having fun is a HUGE part of our lives together!


This picture and the next one will show you 12 different trips we have taken through the years.  Taking these trips,  and out searching the back woods for WATERFALLS  have given us so much joy.

Top Row: Monument Valley, Arizona/Utah  AND  Zion National Park, Utah

Middle Row: Mt. Rushmore National Memorial,  South Dakota   AND   The Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

Bottom Row:  Antelope Slot Canyon,  Arizona  AND The Grand Canyon,  Arizona


Six More Photos showing just a few more of the JOYS I have with this man!

Top Row:  The Arches National Park,  Utah (Skyline Arch in background),  AND Great Falls of the Potomac,  VA/MD

Middle Row:  Pikes Peak, Colorado   AND  Williamsburg, VA

Bottom Row:  Beartooth Scenic Highway,  Montana/Wyoming   AND   Yellowstone National Park (Upper Falls after a hike down on the Red Rocks Point Trail)


Photography is a passion of George!  Even though we both take pictures,  George IS the real Photographer in the family!!!!  I love this picture of my Sweetie with all of his equipment!


When Mama takes the picture and tells George to 'back up a little'!!!!!!!! Just another picture showing how much fun the two of us have together!


LIFE with GEORGE is AWESOME!


WELL---what more can I say?   I ADORE this extremely smart, handsome, funny, "Cutie Pie" of mine!!!!  God has richly blessed me! 

Thank You, George, for coming into my life 20 years ago --and given me a JOY that I never knew I could have.

Happy Birthday, my Love,

Betsy💝💛💚💕

22 comments:

Fun60 said...

Your posts are always so uplifting. It makes me smile to see how much joy you both have in your lives.

eileeninmd said...

Happy Birthday to George!

Take care and enjoy your day and week ahead!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Birthday, George! You two have so much fun together. Have a wonderful day and a great year!

George said...

Thank you for a wonderful birthday post.

Arkansas Patti said...

Happy Birthday George. You two are the perfect pair. Hope we get more back to normal this year and you can hit the road again.

Ellen said...

Beautiful words and photos. Happy birthday, George!

Dee said...

Happy Birthday, George! And thank you, Betsy, I just LOVE those beautiful spring flowers on the heading of your blog. I so enjoy all your pictures and have been to so many of those states and places you show. Many times you show a place that I remember my husband and I visiting and sometimes actually standing where you were in your picture. It is always a treat to go on a hike with "ya all."

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday to George. This is a wonderful post about your travels, your love and your zest for life, together. I pray that the two of you will have many, many more happy years together.
(I love how you always dress alike too.)
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Buttercup said...

Happy birthday to George and many happy and healthy years together!

David said...

Betsy, Wishing George a very Happy Birthday! He certainly was born in an amazing year...1942. Even better, he's just a few months older than I am. Makes me feel like a youngster! Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

William Kendall said...

Happy Birthday to George!

Lowcarb team member said...

A wonderful post, full of love, joy and special memories.
So lovely to read and see your photographs.

Happy Birthday George.
My very good wishes to you both.

All the best Jan

Shug said...

Such a GREAT guy you have in your life. of course, I don't have to tell you that. You know how Blessed you are. Happy Birthday to your handsome man. I wish for him many more! hugs!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy Birthday George and thank you for making dear Betsy oh so happy these past 20 years. Love and hugs to you both ~ FlowerLady

happyone said...

Happy Birthday George. Many happy memories over the years and may you have many more.

Linda G. said...

What wonderful memories you both have together. Happy birthday (and many more) to George.

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a beautiful love story! I am sure you did whatever you could to make his birthday special, this year.

Linda said...

So sweet! Happy birthday to George!

Ann said...

Happy Birthday to George.

Jeevan said...

Absolutely a lovely post on your sweetheart, and from the years I know, you are best in sharing love and adventure of life equally, and I wish you both stay the way you cherished so far. Many happy returns to George. Thanks for sharing these lovely shots from your trips. My dad's best friend's birthday is also on the same day as George's, and he's 03/09/52.

Take care

Chatty Crone said...

Wishing George a very Happy Birthday!

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy Birthday George!