Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Monday, July 20, 2020

Need to SMILE Today??????? Then check out this post!!!!

Summer Nights Roses --Taken on 6/27/20
Dear Family and Friends,  I love ALL of our many flowers in the yard.   However,   the ROSES  (which are by far the hardest to grow and keep healthy) are my all-time favorites....George works very hard on his 'babies' ---and I love to publish the results for all to enjoy!!

SO ---here are some little Sweethearts just for you!!!!   AND --if you have time,  revisit another Rose Blog I published on July 6. Click HERE.


Octoberfest  --- 5/31/20





Perfume Factory ---6/3/20





Peace --6/14/20





Color Magic--- 6/26/20





Malibu ---6/27/20





Cabana  ---6/30/20





Sweet Afton ---7/4/20





Crescendo ---7/13/20





Rio Samba --7/8/20


I certainly hope these little darlings made you SMILE... They always make me smile--and with everything going on these days,  I'm sure that we ALL need to smile....

George and I both got good results from last week's tests...  My mammogram did not show any changes.  I told someone that 'that' is one area of my body where I've had no problems... Praise God for that.  George also found out that the blurred vision he has been struggling with is a 'simple fix'.... His cataract surgery (from 2 years ago) caused a condition in which  a protein film developed in both eyes causing his up-close vision to continue getting more and more blurry.

He had to have a simple procedure done called a YAG Laser Capsulotomy.  Dr. Galloway said that it is  like using a laser to 'clean the window' in his eye (just like we clean dirty windows at home)... ha.... George had one eye 'cleaned' this past week and will have the other one done this week.   And the good news is that his vision is ALREADY much better.... So--another "Praise God"...

The doctor also said that this is 'common' with some cataract patients --even two years after that surgery... We had never heard of it!!!!!

The doctor visits continue the next couple of weeks.    I go to my heart doctor this week and George goes to the retina doctor next week (for his Macular Degeneration) ....  Between my heart problems and George's eye problems,  we are a 'pair' for sure!!!!!  BUT--we keep on plugging and pushing through it one day at a time and one step at a time...  'Tis Life for us OLD folks!!!!!!

Hope all of you have an awesome week...  Find things that make you SMILE...

Hugs,










27 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Betsy,

Your roses are gorgeous, you can tell George take good job taking care of the roses. I am glad you both are doing well, your heart and Georges eyes are both important...Take care! Have a great new week!

Ann said...

All the roses are beautiful. George does an excellent job with them.
Glad to hear his eye issue was an easy fix

Big Dude said...

Great shots of your pretty roses. Always good to get good news from the doctor.

linda m said...

Beautiful pictures of the roses. So happy to hear the good news from the doctors.

Judy said...

Your roses are beautiful.

George said...

Sometimes I think we would never get out of the house if we didn't have to go see doctors. But I wo't complain as long as they keep giving us good news. Your rose photos aew gorgeous.

Dee said...

Your roses are spectacular!!! I have grown roses before and had that beautiful "Peace Rose" and I do know it takes a great deal of work to care for them. Black spot and bug attacks are somethings that you always seem to be fighting but what a show when they bloom. Happy to hear your tests all went well and George got good results on his eyes. Yeah for you both. Enjoy this beautiful season. God Bless!

Busy Bee Suz said...

What lovely roses you have.
I'm so happy that you both had good Dr. visits this week; how awesome that George has something 'fixable' right now. Great news!

Arkansas Patti said...

So happy George had an easy fix. I've never heard of that but will file it away in case someone I know has that problem. Thanks.
Keep those good check ups coming.

Sharon said...

So many different colors...I don't see how you keep them healthy in this horrid heat!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am glad to hear about George! I had to have this laser surgery after my cataract surgery. Let me know how the rest of your appointments are. Octoberfest has the most petals, but my favorites are Rio Samba and Cabana. It must be hard tending to them in such a heat wave.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I don't have to tell you, you now I love the roses, so thanks for sharing them. Oh how wonderful to get good news at the doctor.

Linda P said...

Your roses are beautiful and all look so healthy. I'm sure George tends them with loving care. The fragrance in your garden must be wonderful. I hope each test medical procedure that you and George need continue to be helpful and I'm pleased that your test result was good.

David said...

Betsy, Good medical news all around! Great that George's problem was fixable... Lovely roses as usual. All those doctor's visits are just more proof that aging isn't for wimps! Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
Fabulous roses, they always bring a huge smile to see such beauty.
I was so pleased to read the good news from the doctors.
Do hope your other check-ups go well.

Sending my good wishes.

All the best Jan

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

The roses are beautiful! Keep taking care you two!!

Betsy said...

My dear friend, I definitely "needed" this smile today. Thank you. I'm so glad that both you and George had good news at the doctor visits and that George can already see better out of the eye that they have fixed. I pray that the blessings continue as you have more visits ahead.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

ALl the roses look so perfect Betsy Georges hard work has paid off and your have photographed them beautifully. Good to hear all the great news about both your health.

Barb said...

Impossible to pick a favorite, Betsy! I bet their perfume fills the air. Glad your mammo was OK and George's eyes are a quick fix. Bob is also having some cloudiness now a couple years after the surgery. I wonder if his could be the same thing? Of course, he's putting off going.

My Tata's Cottage said...

You and George are like my favorite aunt and uncle. You rule with the roses! I have two that have survived but still no blooms this late in the heat wave. My aunt and uncle had a back yard filled with roses of every kind and fragrant! As a child I loved walking through their garden with them. It is nice to see you. I am still at my annesphamily.bogspot.com and working bugs out at My Tata's Cottage blog. I love them so much I love blogging so there is where I am happiest.
It is always my pleasure to see you when I can. Take care and enjoy your week. HUGS and LOVE across the miles.

Anne xo

Lady Fi said...

Ah- inhaling the beauty and fragrance of this post. Thank you.

BeachGypsy said...

beautiful beautiful roses! I love Peace and Cabana the most. Wow, a bouquet of them mixed would be so pretty! So glad to hear they can fix the vision issue, he will be so happy to be able to see good again. Y'all got any new adventures planned for soon?

Shug said...

MY FAVORITE.....CABANA! Such a beautiful rose. I'm sure it has a sweet fragrance as well. Glad there was an answer for George's eyes. Hope all the appointments go well and you get nothing but GREAT reports...

Rose said...

Oh, the roses are so pretty...the Sweet Afton has such a gentle beauty. Love that Rio Samba.

That is such good news with George's eyes...I had never heard of that either. Glad your mammogram did not show changes...

Connie said...

You have so many gorgeous colors of roses! They are beautiful. I hope you and George continue to get good reports from your doctors.

Jeevan said...

Gorgeous roses! Roses are my favorite flowers too and i love this post indeed. Hope both of you stay safe and George's eyes problem is solved soon.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Those roses are spectacular. You must have a very beautiful garden.