Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Monday, April 27, 2020

Anyone Love TULIPS????

Hello Blog Friends,   How are YOU?   Hope you are staying well, healthy and safe through this COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic.   May God be with us,  and help us realize that there will be better times ahead for us,  our children, grandchildren and all whom we love.

We love growing Tulips --but will admit that with as many chipmunks and squirrels as we have around here,  it's VERY hard to keep tulips growing, and returning the following year.  Those little critters love to dig up the bulbs and eat them---or move them around!!!!  AND--they do that year-round!!!

BUT--we did manage to have some pretty ones this past month.... SO--today I'll share some pictures with you of our 2020 TULIP COLLECTION.  All pictures were taken between  3/22/20 and 4/16/20.  Hope you enjoy the tulips and all of their different colors...















Someone told us to plant our Tulips beside Daffodils --since the critters don't like Daffodils.. That 'sorta' works --but the tulips can get hidden around the Daffodils!!!! ha















Always a favorite of mine!!









The Deep Purple Tulips have always been a favorite of mine --but this year,  we only had ONE.... 



My favorite Tulip this year!!!!



We had a few Double Tulips this year.   This was my favorite --since I love the colors!!!!  (Doesn't look like a Tulip to most people,  does it?)
OKAY---I'll stop!!!!!   But for a 'tulip lover' like me,   I enjoy showing ours off.  This Spring though,  we have missed seeing the Tulips and Azaleas at Biltmore SO much.  Thanks to special friends for sending me pictures of Tulips in their part of our country/world...

Have a great week and stay HEALTHY!!!!

Hugs,

24 comments:

Big Dude said...

Your sure do have some pretty ones.

Ann said...

The tulips are all so pretty. Too bad about the squirrels. I had planted some tulip bulbs several years ago. They came up one year and then I never saw them again. I wonder if the squirrels got those.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those are beautiful tulips indeed. I do love tulips and just wish they would last longer. Check out my blog today for a picture of a stunning white and red variegated tulip. It is beautiful. So glad the you and George of doing well and staying healthy. Do take care of yourselves. If you and George need cloth face masks to wear shopping, let me know and I will send you some. Just send me a PM on Facebook with your address. No charge. I am making and giving face masks to all my friends and family (and anyone else) who need one. See you again soon.

George said...

I'm pleasantly surprised that so many different tulips survived the critters to bloom for us

Marcia said...

Do you dig up your bulbs each year and replant in the fall? Don't the deer eat tulips ?

I gave up on planting them because they don't multiply like daffodils.

Dee said...

I always enjoy pictures of your flowers. I didn't know tulips had a double. Always learning and that's a good thing. Thanks for sharing.

Visits With Mary said...

Beautiful, beautiful flowers, they brightened my day.

Betsy said...

Happy Monday morning Betsy! The tulips are just beginning to bloom here. Our neighbors have a beautful row of orange marching around their flower beds. I sure wish the blooms lasted longer.
Thank you for sharing your bountiful beauty with us.
Blessings,
Betsy

Connie said...

Your tulips are so pretty, Betsy. Those darn critters go where they are not welcome sometimes.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the yellows and soft pinks, and the last one. I think they may be like filet mignon for animals!!

Arkansas Patti said...

You need to cultivate a tulip that doesn't taste good to squirrels. You would be famous and rich.

Chatty Crone said...

Tulips are my favorite flowers - all colors.
We have squirrels in our attic again!
I love the iris's in your header too.
Love, sandie

The Furry Gnome said...

No Tulips in bloom here!

Beth said...

Beautiful! Just what we need to see now! My favorite is the 3rd one down. Stay safe.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful Tulips. I miss my spring Tulips. Jake had planted some in just about every flower bed and they put on a gorgeous display. Since I could not keep all those flower beds clean, I had to give them up.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Tulips are so lovely! I Must remember to plant with daffodils too. Someone I Know planted ten daffodils one year. The next year they had 20 and then 30 and so on. Many year later they drove past their old home and there was a sea of daffodils in the yard. I loved hearing that sweet story. We have a few red and yellow tulips but every year I say I want to plant more. We wait til May to plant as we still get snow at Mother's Day some years. We have lots of outdoor projects planned as the hubby works one week and then works from home the next. It has worked out nicely for us. We are saying close to home and we get to see the little grands for awhile. Missing our Hannah and Jake as they were to come out a few weeks ago and had to reschedule. We keep praying our trip to visit them later this year will be a go. Grateful to see you here. Take care and enjoy the garden. xo

Linda P said...

Tulips are the last Spring flowers to open and I always look forward to that as they are my favourite plant grown from bulbs. Thankfully we don't have squirrels venture into our garden, but I was interested to know about planting daffodils and tulips together as squirrels avoid the odour of the daffs. You have a wonderful variety of pretty tulips.

Linda said...

Very pretty! The double tulip is stunning.

Kay said...

Oh gosh, Betsy! I do LOVE tulips and you do have an amazing assortment. I love seeing all your roses and tulips. Thank you for adding some beauty into my evening as I take a break from making masks this week.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your tulips are beautiful--and such a variety of colors.
I love tulips as well, and am enjoying taking pictures of them around my neighborhood.

Barb said...

Wow, Betsy! You and George have a bonanza of blooming tulips. It would be hard to pick a favorite. I can't grow them here in the mountains. I tried when I first moved here, but the squirrels got them. Also, because of the snow, bulbs often don't bloom until late June, early July. By then, I'm ready for my perennials. Thanks for showing me your spring blooms. Stay safe and healthy!

Betsy said...

Your tulips are beautiful! I love the orange color. I have had better luck with mine since I plant it in a rat wire in the ground so nothing can get to it. I am going to put more bulbs in the ground this year. We had so many growing up and they came back every year, maybe because with a dog constantly running around the property he took care of the critters, I just don't know but it's so frustrating to see them taken out.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
Tulips are so wonderful and I always enjoy seeing yours.
You have such colour and variety.

Sending my good wishes.

All the best Jan

Jeevan said...

Wow! These are absolutely gorgeous tulips and you caught them in splendid natural light. Love it