Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, November 18, 2019

More Autumn Colors --11/1/19

From the Blue Ridge Parkway,  11/01/19  (similar to the picture I have as my Blog Header this month)
Dear Friends,  Hope all of you are having a blessed November so far... The older I get,  the faster time flies!!!!!  Crazy!!!

After our wonderful little trip to Asheville, NC on November 1, 2019  when we enjoyed the "Tree Raising Celebration"  at Biltmore (click HERE for that post),   we decided to head back home on on the 'back roads' so that we could enjoy seeing more of the Autumn Colors we didn't get here at home this year (due to the drought).

Luckily,  even though Fall was almost 'over' for the year --we did manage to see quite a bit of left-over colors.... Hope you enjoy today's post featuring some of my favorite  Fall Colors on that trip home on November 1st.


Taken when we were still at Biltmore (looking toward the mountains)



Even though the left-over Fall Colors at Biltmore were mostly all browns and rust-color,  they were so pretty against the gorgeous blue sky.  (See picture below to see a close-up of the mountains.)



I zoomed in with my Canon at the mountains to give you an idea of the Fall Colors still there. 



As we walked around the grounds at Biltmore,  we spotted these two trees... I LOVE the reds and yellows of Fall ---so this view really captured my attention. 


Another picture showing the beautiful mountains,   taken from the Blue Ridge Parkway




These trees were still showing off their colors..  



Driving the back roads on a gorgeous Autumn Day was SO much fun!!!



We loved seeing this big tree at the Oconaluftee Visitor Center (Great Smoky Mountains National Park) near Cherokee, North Carolina.



A view of Fontana Lake surrounded by more of the late Fall Colors



Maple Trees are always a favorite of mine in Fall since they show off a variety of colors.



We stopped to take pictures as we got closer to Fontana Lake.  See the little house-boat down there???  



We stood under this tree when the sun was shining on the branches --to get my favorite shot of the day!!!!



Sorry this journey is almost over --but it was FUN!!!!
I enjoyed taking you on the back roads on the November Day in our area.... I love FALL --but now,  we are jumping into winter BIGTIME here.... Recently,  we had a 13 degree morning temperature and we had some SNOW.... Gee----too early for that!!!!! ha ha

PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE:  Our good friend, Charlie Jones,  had a stroke on Nov. 4,  and is still in the hospital.   Charlie cannot talk --and is in rehab learning how to talk again.. He has had trouble swallowing --but that is improving.  He also is taking therapy to gain strength in his right hand.  This will be a long process --so please remember Charlie (and his wife, Judy) in your thoughts and prayers...

Have a wonderful week ---and take a few minutes to thank God for all of his blessings that we receive each and every day.

Hugs,

19 comments:

Ann said...

You found some beautiful fall views on your trip. I would love to travel those back roads.

So sorry to hear about your friend Charlie. Thoughts and prayers going his way

Big Dude said...

Once again, we missed the pretty mountain colors so thanks for showing them to me.

George said...

You did a great job showing the autumn beauty we found on our little trip. The back roads are definitely worth taking!

Connie said...

Beautiful views of the leaves! Winter arrived much too soon here. Prayers for your friend.

Dee said...

As always,Betsy, I love seeing your pictures of the mountains, trees and country roads. Thanks for sharing. We were to that Oconaluftee Visitor Center years ago and also saw Fontana Lake. Beautiful! You make me want to go again next fall. We are cold here in south central PA but haven't had snow yet and I hope we don't get any for months.

Betsy said...

As your beautiful photos show, God's handiwork far outdoes anything that man can create for beauty. You photos are amazing Betsy. I will keep Charilie and Judy in prayer.
Blessings,
Betsy

Fun60 said...

Those photos are a feast for the eyes. We should always be thankful for the everyday joys we encounter.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Such gorgeousness! We have had the same temps. My favorites are the two trees at Biltmore, and the one right after it. So sorry about Charlie, every day is a gift and I don't ever forget it!

linda m said...

Your back roads trip is gorgeous. Joe and I prefer taking back roads when we can as it is so much more interesting. I will keep Cahrlie and Judy in my prayers.

troutbirder said...

Beautiful colors and vistas!!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I love - love - love those leaves and their color.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
A wonderful post full of great photographs and amazing Autumn colour.
I do so agree with you though, because the older I get, the faster time does seem to fly!
My thoughts and prayers for your friend Charlie and his wife Judy.

Hope you have a good week.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Charlie.Pray that God would restore his strength. You have beautiful fall pictures. I smiled at your 'back roads' picture. When I talk of back roads, they are gravel or maybe even dirt and certainly not smooth, but still fun. to explore.

diane b said...

What a beautiful part of your country. I love the mountains, the colours and the lake. Sorry to hear about your friend. I wish him a speedy recovery.

David said...

Betsy, Nice photos, especially given the fact that this year with the drought, they just weren't up to par. However a little sunshine brightens everything up! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

William Kendall said...

I am sorry about your friend.

Beautiful views.

Linda said...

Beautiful scenes! Autumn went by so quickly.

Best wishes to your friend Charlie.

Jeevan said...

Gorgeous fall colors despite the drought! The blue sky and lake outshines the rusty mountains

Great-Granny Grandma said...

You've captured the colors so beautifully. My favorite is of the two trees taken at Biltmore, and then the one of the mountains right below it.
Just said a prayer for Charlie.
Happy Thanksgiving!