Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, July 15, 2019

Come and Take a Walk with Us

Beautiful Day for a WALK at the Biltmore House and Gardens,  Asheville,  NC,  5/7/19
Hello Blog Friends,  Last Monday I showed you the gorgeous blooms inside of the Conservatory at Biltmore.   Today I invite you to take a walk with us from the conservatory to the lake and back... We took pictures along the way of all of the pretty blooms --among other things.... Sit back and get some exercise while sitting at home!!!!!!


Love the blooms in this bush



Here's a close-up of these fuzzy white blooms;  Anyone know what the name of this one is???  I think I used  to know but can't remember!



Love the RED  Rhododendron Blooms



This is a Dawn REDWOOD tree.   As many times as I've been at Biltmore and on this path,  I don't think I've ever seen this one before....Who needs to go to California?  We have our own Redwood here!!!!!! ha



Most of the AZALEAS were gone --but we did get to see some beauties still blooming.



Such a beautiful walk on a pretty Spring Day



Sometimes when we walk,  we forget to LOOK UP.... The grounds of Biltmore have many old (and HUGE) trees... I couldn't even get all of this big Evergreen Tree in my picture....  So amazing!



George also enjoyed this walk.... Don't you love the little bridge?



Looky there!!!!!!  They even have a pretty little cascade JUST for us!!!!!!



Lily of the Valley blooming at Biltmore;   I love this plant since my mother used to have some in her yard.  I tried to grow some one year to no avail.



Azaleas blooming along the lake; So pretty!!



It was so peaceful walking beside the lake.  See the bridge in the background?



Little IRISES blooming along the water!!!  



Heading back,  I snapped this shot of NEW  Spring GROWTH....Look at the tiny little pinecones being formed!!!  



Love the color of these pretty flowers.  



One more picture of the Azaleas still in bloom



We just HAD to stop and pull out the tripod for a picture of us together on this walk..
Hope you enjoyed today's walk in Biltmore...   We hope to get back there in August and check out more of the Summer Blooms.

Have an awesome week, my Friends.   AND--get outside and do some walking!!!!!  Not only is it healthy,  you will feel better for doing it.

Hugs,

23 comments:

Ann said...

What a beautiful place for a walk. I can see why you love going there so much

eileeninmd said...

Hello Betsy,

I hope you and George are doing well. The walk is pretty, Biltmore is a beautiful place. Gorgeous series of photos. Have a happy day and a great new week!

Linda G. said...

That is a lovely picture of the two of you; pretty background too. Bob and I made that walk twice, several years ago in two different years. It is a pretty walk.

George said...

I'd gladly walk with you at Biltmore any time you want to go.

Arkansas Patti said...

That walk alone is worth the price of admission. You and George are looking good.

Julie said...

What a beautiful walk Betsy, and so many beautiful flowers. x

Betsy said...

Thank you for taking us along on your walk Betsy. I certainly enjoyed it. The variety of plants and flowers is stunning. I can only imagine how many people work tirelessly to keep it all so beautiful. I thank them for that. I laughed at the happiness you had in seeing the pinecones. Out here we have so many that most people detest them. :-) . It's a constant battle to keep them and the pine needles out of our gutters and woe to you if you accidently step on one. They are pointy little things.
Wishing you a wonderful day my sweet friend. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to take your hikes again.
Blessings,
The "other" Betsy

Annie Jeffries said...

I always love going to Biltmore with you.

David said...

Betsy, Biltmore and its gardens, walks and grounds are truly beautiful. It's great that ya'll enjoy them so much. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

linda m said...

I did take a walk this morning - I mowed the lawn. Would have much rather walked the path in the pictures you posted. Very hot and humid here today.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a gorgeous place to walk! I am wondering if those Iris are Water Iris, also called Japanese Iris. We have the fuzzy white bushes around, I wish I knew what they are!!

Fun60 said...

What a lovely walk. So much colour and variety.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful walk. I enjoyed my walk with you.Right now,I won't be walking outside because the heat is a killer.

Chatty Crone said...

Betsy - how far is that from you? I had no idea it had a lake - are there benches to sit? Can you bring a picnic? It was truly beautiful.

William Kendall said...

Quite a lovely place for a walk!

BeachGypsy said...

love these beautiful pictures of the trees and flowers and lawns and water! The picture of y'all is so cute and so is the one of George on the lil bridge. How long was the walk--it looks like a pretty long nice walk? I've never been there, but driven past it hundreds of times, ha ha LOL all my life. There used to be an amazing little restaurant near the airport, right off the highway exit... where we stopped to eat when we were children, they had the BEST CRUNCHY fish and cole slaw and french fries. We loved to stop there for lunch. The place is surely long gone by now. We would sit and watch the planes take off and land in the distance, it was a little family friendly place, back in the days before "fast food" or drive-throughs. You went in and had a hostess and a waitress.

Linda said...

Lovely place! Thanks for taking us along.

Linda P said...

Beautiful Biltmore. A good place to take a walk at different times of the year. Love the rustic bridge and lakeside views.

Happytrails said...

Such a beautiful place to walk and enjoy the beauty they have planted there. Each season offers compelling beauty of different kinds.
Thank you for sharing the trails with us.

diane b said...

What a beautiful place to walk. The photos are beautiful too.

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, you and George have a wonderful time wherever you roam. Just being together brings such happiness to you and I so enjoy when you share your ramblings with us. Peace.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy,
Gosh what a beautiful walk that was …
The blooms, the trees, the scenery - such a joy to see.

My good wishes to you and George

All the best Jan

Connie said...

Great pictures, Betsy! What a lovely place to walk. Thanks for sharing it with us.