Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, October 15, 2018

OCTOBER COLORS in our YARD

Pretty FALL Re-blooming IRISES, named  My Friend Jonathan,  10/1/18
Dear Friends,   My post title today is not what you are expecting.   I know you were thinking that I'd be posting gorgeous 'leaf' colors since it is mid-October...  WELL--the answer is NO....Until a few days ago,  we were still having summer-like temperatures here in Tennessee.   Therefore,  everything is still GREEN around here.   BUT--now that we are finally getting some Fall weather,  maybe the trees will turn and maybe we will get some Fall Colors here --even if it might be in November.

The one advantage of our summer-like temperatures and lots of rain in September is that we do have some pretty color in our yard from the ROSES and the re-blooming IRISES..... Hope you enjoy today's pictures....


Milestone ROSE,  10/1/18



Pink Promise ROSE,  10/4/18



A beautiful ROSE named Sedona,  10/4/18



One my my favorite re-blooming IRISES,  named Clarence,  10/1/18



I love  the pastel colors in April in Paris ROSE, 10/4/18



Strike It Rich  ROSE,  10/8/18



Double Your Fun IRIS,  10/10/18  (not a good picture of this little colorful beauty)



Tropicana ROSE, 10/8/18



Royal Welcome ROSE,  10/8/18



Harvest of Memories IRISES,  10/4/18



Elle  ROSE,  10/8/18  (Love the colors in this rose)



A beautiful ROSE named Paradise,  10/8/18



Waltz Across Texas IRIS,   10/10/18



Malibu ROSE,  10/10/18



A pretty group of Iceland IRISES,   10/10/18



A close-up of an Iceland IRIS showing the pale lavender edges  (which you can't see as well in the group picture above),  10/8/18



A very pretty ROSE named Queen Elizabeth,  10/10/18



I usually like the Roses better after they open --but this bud caught my attention.  Her name is Sweet Afton and she has an amazing aroma also..   Taken 10/10/18
Hope  you enjoyed seeing some of our October Blooms.... Neighbors here are putting out Mums in their yards in order to add some Fall Colors --but we have plenty of other colors in our yard now, don't you think?

How is October in your area?   Do you have any Fall Leaf Colors yet?

Have an awesome week!

Hugs,

25 comments:

Fun60 said...

Your garden must be a riot of colour. What a joy to see it through your photos.

Ann said...

Your roses and iris are beautiful. Not much fall color around here but with the cooler weather we've had the past several days maybe it will start

Marcia said...

Fall colors are a misnomer here too. Leaves are falling not coloring up. Today is another rainy one. Leaves need bright sunny days to make the colors I've heard. Your blossoms are lovely.

Big Dude said...

Unusual to see Irises blooming in the fall - I'll have to tell Beverly about these. You guys have such a great selection of blooms all year, cept winter of course.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You and George have the most spectacular roses in so many pretty colors. I'm REALLY a fan of the iris's....they're so unusual and not something we see wayyyy down here. I think you know the answer to the question of me having fall colors. :) GREEN is a fall color, right? :)

George said...

We did have some beautiful October color in our yard, even if the trees were still green. You got some great pictures.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is the SAME here as you! Everything green. And our lilac bush has started to bloom! That has never happened. The weather is saying that the leaf color will be delayed till the end of October. People come here from everywhere, and you cannot get a hotel room. I bet the second is your favorite, I know how you love the red roses! It is unbelievable how much you have that are still looking so beautiful! I am so glad of your comment setup, so I can go back and forth looking and typing! I have always liked that feature of your blog. Now...I love Sedona, Clarence, Strike It Rich, Waltz Across Texas ( I think Waltz is my VERY favorite!!) & Queen Elizabeth. The Double Your Fun is very unusual looking, I don't know what to think of it. So glad I WALTZED into your blog!!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

No need for Mums on your yard. The April in Paris rose looks like it is made of porcelain. Every flower is so pretty.

Arkansas Patti said...

Waltz Across Texas Iris caught my eye. You have such beautiful flowers. I think finally we may have good color this year. There is a signal tree about a mile from here that is the first in the county to turn. For several years it has turned brown, this year it is red. Hoping.

Lowcarb team member said...

Dear Betsy, your roses and iris are so beautiful, I love all their colours. It never ceases to amaze me the bountiful colours that nature provides.
An absolute joy to see and enjoy.

Here in the UK our trees are changing colour. I do like the Autumn (Fall) season very much.

Have a good week, my good wishes

All the best Jan

Chatty Crone said...

I love that first one - the Milestone Rose - there is something so pretty and exciting about that color!

Kay said...

That April in Paris rose really caught my eye. I love that color. It looks like porcelain. I do love roses.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Betsy!

Your flowers are gorgeous, lovely collection of roses and irises! I love them all. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Betsy,
I love your photos. Your blog is always awesome.

The fall photos I've posted on my latest poem were taken last year. Fall has not reached WNC yet. Hopefully, since we are to get cooler weather the last of this week, the leaves will pop with colors.

You may need to wait awhile if you plan to visit the Blue Ridge Mountains to see the leaves. They aren't too pretty yet.

David said...

Betsy, This morning I saw photos from the Smoky Mountain National Park...and its still green in the mountains! Weird fall for sure. As usual, your flowers are spectacular! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Linda G. said...

You still have lots of color in your garden. The tree leaves are not changing here well at all. I think we had too much dry weather and then too much wet (and windy) weather. I think Autumn may be dull here,

LV said...

My roses have been really pretty and some still in bloom. However, mine is nothing compared to yours. Truly, truly breathtaking. I can almost smell them.

Linda said...

Lovely flowers! It's still green in Virginia. I did find some fall foliage in West Virginia on Saturday at Blackwater Falls.

Connie said...

Your roses and irises are amazing, Betsy! So beautiful. Most of the leaves on the trees here are still green, but temperatures are going down, so maybe the colors will start changing soon. Hope you are having a good week!

Betsy said...

Well I am going to get me a re blooming Iris. I have never heard of them re blooming.
Most gorgeous roses. My heavens, what beauty. The Sedona I think is my favorite.

Lady Fi said...

So many lovely flowers! Fall is in full swing over here in Sweden.

diane b said...

No Fall colours here ever. Sad in a way but then I enjoy warmer weather. WE can go into the ranges or down south if we want to see fall colours but at the moment summer is making an entry. Today is very warm. Your roses and Irises are so beautiful. Enjoy your warm Fall.

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

They're all lovely, and you've really done of fine job of showing that. I agree with you about the pretty colors in the Elle Rose.

Jeevan said...

Your capture on the roses is gorgeous! I quite enjoyed each frame of the roses and fancy irises. My friend Jonathan captured my attention and I really admired the different shades and colors of the bloom. Glad you continue to enjoy these beauties with fall ahead… Here the monsoon is yet to start and we truly looking forward for showering to cool down the temperature.

Eva said...

Hi Betsy, it's a beautiful garden you have.

Eva