Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Monday, September 3, 2018

This, That, and the Other

Dear Friends,    August just seemed to fly by this year.   Usually it is our hottest month --but this Summer hasn't been bad --compared to most!!!!! So what has Betsy been up to this past month?

You know that the first week is my Birthday Week ---and you also know, by reading my blog posts this month,   that we took a wonderful trip to Mt. Pisgah that week.   Then ---the past two weeks,  I have been showing off some of our pretty Day Lilies and Roses.  Since we've had a milder month with more rain than usual,   our flowers have really put on a show.

SO---what else?   I decided to show you some of the things which you may not have seen.  It's a 'hodgepodge' post ---but I hope you enjoy it....


Every year, for my birthday,  George makes a new CD for my collection.   This is the CD Cover for this year's collection.   He fills the CD's with all kinds of LOVE songs...   So special!!!



Son Mark gave me this wonderful prayer for my birthday;   Made this happy Mama Cry!!!! I'll share the words with you.
A PRAYER for My MOM
"Dear God,  I gratefully thank you for giving me my Mom.  You must really love me 'cause you gave the best you had.  Watch over her and bless her, Lord,  and keep her in your care.   And may she feel my love for her, is my humble, heartfelt prayer."

Is that just the most special gift I could have ever gotten from one of my sons?  Wow!



Some of the gorgeous sights we enjoyed photographing while on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina



A trip to Mt. Pisgah always includes a visit to the BILTMORE  House and Gardens in Asheville,  NC.   This time we enjoyed a fantastic presentation  by CHIHULY...   Believe it or not--  this is all made out of GLASS!!!!   Amazing!!



Another birthday gift---this one from my wonderful hubby.  He took this picture with his iPhone in May when I first met my Great Granddaughter....   I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture....



Speaking of my Great Granddaughter,  Little Vivi was SEVEN months old  when this picture was taken in August.  Isn't she just precious?  



Another beautiful picture taken in the Smokies---from Newfound Gap in Tennessee;   I love the wildflowers.



We have a new 'baby'  in our family.... Meet  Mrs. P,  our new 2018 Prius.... This is our 3rd Mrs. P --but the first time we bought a NEW one.  The Metallic Gray color is so pretty also. Oh how we LOVE it.  



Grandson, Landon,  turned 23 on August 25;    We all met in Knoxville to have lunch and celebrate his birthday.   We also met  Rebecca,  Landon's girlfriend....  Great gal --and so pretty!



I love this picture of son Jeff,  daughter-in-law Dawn, their two children-- Landon and Avery,  and special friend,  Rebecca.



Son Mark  (and other son Bert) both had to work,  so they missed our 'party'....  BUT--we all visited Mark at his new place of business.  He loves loves loves his new job as a Bartender.  My "people-loving" son is in his element now.



Here's a picture of all of us after our delicious lunch.    It was a great 'family day'.




Finally,  here is a picture of George and me along the Blue Ridge Parkway  on 8/9/18...

Hope you enjoyed my August Happenings!!!!!!

Have an awesome week.

Hugs,

29 comments:

Marcia said...

It's so nice to get together with family. You are beaming!

George said...

August was definitely busy, but we had some wonderful times. I hope September will be just as good (or better!).

eileeninmd said...

Hello Betsy, looks like you had a wonderful month of August. Beautiful scenes and photos. You have a beautiful family, love the sweet -great grand!

Happy Labor Day, have a great new week ahead!

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

Oh, such sweet and thoughtful gifts you received for your birthday. They will be treasured, I'm sure. Beautiful photos of the Smokies and your trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

David said...

Hi Betsy, Looks like you had a great birthday! George does take care and pays a lot of attention to his sweetie. Your great granddaughter is a cutie. Family photos are the best aren't they? Congratulations on the new car too. We put over 7000 miles on our car in July and August. At this rate we'll need a new vehicle too! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Shug said...

First of all.....The Header!! The header to your blog is Beautiful.... and then your post! Such a fun and joyful post. So much excitement and love. Love for family, nature, life and each other. I am so happy for you, my dear sweet friend.

Fun60 said...

Never a moment wasted in your life Betsy. Wonderful photos of your lovely family especially your great granddaughter.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad to see all your beautiful family and happy birthday aga in. The baby is gorgeous and that glass piece is simply amazing! Love you girl. sandie

Arkansas Patti said...

For some reason your post loaded slowly and all I saw was GOODBYE then a second or so later--August loaded. Phew that was scary for a minute.
You really did August up brown with family and cool places to go. Loved that prayer.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You should do this every month Betsy! I love your photo of The Blue Ridge Parkway. And Landon and Rebecca are so handsome and beautiful. What a cute couple! Great family pictures! So did Mrs. P break, or did you get the new one before anything went wrong?

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like you had a wonderful, love filled month.The memories will, no doubt, live on in your heart forever.Hope September is just as good or better.

Linda said...

You got such lovely gifts! I guess you know you are blessed with the love of family.

Betsy said...

Oh my Betsy! Looks like you had an absolutely wonderful birthday month. How sweet of George to make you a CD every single year. That man sure loves you! Happy birthday again!
Blessings, Betsy

Ann said...

You had a busy and fun month. The gifts you got for your birthday are wonderful

BeachGypsy said...

loved catching up with you, Betsy! You got some lovely b/day presents, very thoughtful and filled with love presents, the BEST KIND! love that picture near newfound gap so much....so so beautiful isn't it?? Love all the family pictures too and glad you're doing well! I'm always glad when you post something!

Lady Di Tn said...

Thanks for sharing August memories with us. The Header is BEAUTIFUL. Such pretty roses. I think your area got all the rain because we on the Hill were not Blessed with many raindrops. Our ground is like concrete and clouds of dust fly into the air even under the silent steps of the kitty cats. Peace

LV said...

You are blessed having such a loving family. Wish the world had more. I do not mind sharing my birthday with your grandson, August 25. Big difference in age tho. Glad you both are doing well.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

You had a busy and beautiful month, Bestsy. I loved the photos of the Smokey Mountains. You have a lovely family. Best wishes for an awesome September.

Beth said...

I enjoyed this post very much! You got some truly special birthday gifts. The picture of you with your great-grand-daughter is my favorite!

Bobbie said...

So many wonderful happenings for you in August!! You are a true inspiration... and what a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing.

Jeevan said...

Looks it was a wonderful month of get together with your son and grand kids and special birthday to cherish love from dear ones. I really enjoyed the photos and the glasswork is awesome... cute little great grand child! And congrats on the new car and hope you enjoy traveling.

Btw. Our home work is at final stage and we are moving to our house next week. Let me write a post on it later.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
How wonderful to see this post from you re-capping August.
What a great month, with so many lovely photographs and special memories.
Little Vivi is just adorable …

Have a great September

All the best Jan

Sandi said...

OH, WOW!! That son poem... 😢

Terra said...

You had a fun birthday, I can see and lots of other activities in August.

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, I so enjoyed this posting of yours with the photographs of your sons and grandson and great granddaughter and all the others who are dear to you--George included of course!!!!

I took about seven weeks off from blogging and reading Facebook and so I was unaware of your birthday--happy belated! or of any of these other happenings in your life.

You truly are a blessing to all of us who know and appreciate you. A blessing in our lives and in our Universe. Peace.

Connie said...

You had a busy month in August! Great pictures, Betsy. So nice that you got to spend time with your family.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Oh wow love seeing the family fun! The best.....I like your new car. The new great is so precious. Smokies are so beautiful. I like the art, can’t remember how to spell his name 😆

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

awesome photos.
Have a great day

Connie said...

What a lovely post and a beautiful family. The gifts you received were pure love . . . that truly shows how much a family cares about each other and knows how to show their love. Congratulations on another birthday . . . here's wishing you a year filled with more smiles and laughter than you have ever experienced. Life is for enjoying.
God bless you,
Connie :)
In reply to the comment you left on my blog:
Hot isn't for everyone. We found that out years ago when we had a dinner party and severed one of our very favorite meals, Chicken Gumbo. We love it, but our guests couldn't eat it. One bite was all that they wanted . . . way too hot for them. It was not our best menu decision, LOL Good thing that I had salad and crunchy bread to go with it . . . plus a yummy dessert. Sometimes we have to learn from our mistakes :)