Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, June 12, 2017

LILIES and DAY LILIES in our Yard -Spring, 2017

JUDITH DAY LILIES--  6-7-17
A couple of weeks ago,  I showed you pictures of our front yard and some of our gorgeous ROSES in bloom.  Today--I'll share some of our LILIES and our DAY LILIES...  All of the pictures were taken between May 16 and June 10,  2017...  Hope you enjoy these little 'beauties'...


JUANITA LILY--  5-16-17



PURE AND SIMPLE DAY LILIES-- 6-7-17



CRIMSON PIXIE LILIES--  5-16-17



LITTLE HEAVENLY ANGEL DAY LILY-- 6-1-17



TINOS LILY-- 5-22-17



DOUBLE EYEFUL DAY LILY-- 6-4-17



LOLLYPOP LILY-- 5-22-17




WILD HORSES DAY LILIES-- 6-9-17



AFRICAN QUEEN LILY --- 6-9-17



FRANKLY SCARLET DAY LILIES-- 6-9-17



ORANGE ELECTRIC LILY-- 5-25-17



DANCING SHIVA DAY LILY-- 6-9-17



ROSELLA'S DREAM LILIES-- 6-9-17



LEEBEA ORANGE CRUSH DAY LILY-- 6-9-17



MONTENEGRO LILIES-- 5-25-17



NIGHT BEACON DAY LILY-- 6-9-17



Another shot of AFRICAN QUEEN LILIES-- 6-10-17
I just HAD to share this last picture --since, as an amateur photographer,  sometime the light is just perfect to get a really good shot... This LILY is gorgeous ---and I really liked this picture...

I tried to give you a variety of different colors and shapes... Do you have a favorite today?

WELL---I'm sure there will be more Lily and Day Lily picture to come since we have so many.. AND---if I leave one of them out,  he or she may CRY....  I wouldn't want that to happen.... ha ha

Hope you have a great week --and HOPE you enjoy more of the flowers in our yard today.

Hugs,

32 comments:

Ann said...

All of them are just beautiful. I think my favorite would be a toss up between Dancing Shiva and Rosella's dream

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

As I scrolled through, I realized I just couldn't pick a favorite out of all these beauties. Your last photo is especially beautiful.

Marcia said...

Very beautiful.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful! I can't pick a favourite,as you well know. I love them all.
On a side note, whisper a prayer for my sister,Becky,and me today. I'm taking her to Winnipeg for reconstructive foot surgery. She will not be able to weight bear on that foot for two months after the surgery so I will be her feet and legs.

George said...

I couldn't pick a favorite if I had to, but your last photo of African Queen is absolutely gorgeous.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm always amazed at the variety of lilies that you have at your home. You ask me to pick a favorite? It's not polite to have favorites, is it?? They're all perfect!

Dee said...

They are all beautiful but I love Double Eyeful and Dancing Shriva. WOW!!!

A Colorful World said...

Such gorgeous lilies, Betsy! Wow! I think I love the Montenegro lily best but they are all so beautiful!

Jeevan said...

Great series of lilies and each exhibits a beauty of their own! Liked your attitude to take time to capture each flower and share the joy of blossom with us.
Love the photos

Betsy said...

Rosella's Dream Lilly is my favorite of today's choices. I can only imagine how absolutely stunning your yard must be Betsy. Thank you for sharing these beauties with us.
Blessings, Betsy

David said...

Betsy, Your garden with all of its stunning flowers is stunning...and a little mind-boggling for a non gardener like me. With all of your trips and explorations for you and George, I can't imagine how you maintain this year long beauty! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

linda m said...

I love all your Lilies. Each one is so unique and beautiful. Your last photo is one of your best - excellent photograph.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I especially like those Judith day lilies!

Arkansas Patti said...

Wild Horse had an interesting and different look. When you show us how many varieties there are, I realize there is more to life than my patch of ditch lilies. Mine are ordinary but I love the ease of care. Someday I will venture out like you have--a little bit anyway.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hi Betsy! Well, it's Pure & Simple that your beautiful background is Frankly Scarlet! A Little Heavenly Angel must be guarding this beautiful post! So your beautiful lilies have given me a Double Eventful Day! Do you get my drift? We are having a heat wave, so some Orange Crush would be so good right now!

Small City Scenes said...

Oh Betsy, such a yard full of beautiful color. Of course I have to pick Wild Horses for my fav although I do like them all. Our lilies are just starting--no color yet.
MB

Betsy said...

Gosh you have beautiful Lillies. How do you keep them coming back year after year? Mine stopped after two years.
I was responding to your comment by email and after I typed everything and hit send - I see it is - a no reply comment @ blogger.com.
Stay cool and tomorrow we may get rain and it will last for about two days it seems. Oh well, more grass to mow AGAIN.
Happy Week Ahead To Ya,
Betsy

Rose said...

I could never choose a favorite of these...would be easier to choose the least favorite....I think. Not even sure I have one of them.

Linda G. said...

What a wonderful variety of colors and types of lilies!

The Furry Gnome said...

That last picture is great! And they all foreshadow what we'll have here later on.

Lady Fi said...

Such gorgeous lilies!

Linda P said...

Beautiful! My favourite is the African Queen lily, but each one is special in its own way. Your yard must be a picture with so many lilies in flower.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

You may have a museum of day lillies! Such a variety that I can never pick a fav.....beautiful for sure

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy, Ooh, aah, so gorgeous. I like Tinos the best. Have a great day tomorrow. Enjoy your fantastic yard!

Kay said...

Your day lilies are just so amazing, Betsy. I'm always so surprised at the variety you have. My cousin just brought over some for mom and she loved them.

Connie said...

So many kinds and colors, Betsy! They are gorgeous.

Lowcarb team member said...

Betsy, a wonderful collection of lilies, all so lovely to see.
Yes, your last photograph was gorgeous.

I hope you have had a good week.
Happy Friday and a Happy Weekend too!

All the best Jan

diane b said...

You have a magic array of lilies. Just beautiful. Your garden must make you feel happy.

Beatriz said...

Beautiful, as usual!!!
Your lilies could win a conquest of beauty, what do you think?!

Have a wonderful weekend Betsy and take care!

Bia
www.biaviagemambiental.blogspot.com

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, all beautiful, but my favorite was "lIttle heavenly angel"! Not sure why, just the color combination and the purity of it. Thank you for sharing this beauty. Peace.

Linda said...

My goodness, you have so many different flowers! Thanks for sharing these.

Unknown said...

Love the colors ! They are all stunning :)