Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, June 19, 2017

LET'S THINK GREEN ----plus a WEDDING

Our HOME 5/22/17
I love this quote:  "Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises."  I usually put an emphasis on the colors in our yard --but this year, especially after our terrible drought last year,  I am in love with the GREENS in our yard!!!!!

Today I want to share more of our yard and more of the 'greens' we have.   Hope you enjoy seeing the beauty in all of this GREEN....


Our Ivy/Periwinkle (Vinca Minor) BED on the upper side of our front yard (6/8/17)



Hosta Plants around the dogwood tree in our front yard  (6/12/17)  NOTE:  Deer munched on the one on the right!! Darn!



Another view from the opposite direction of our English Ivy and Periwinkle (Vinca Minor) bed on the upper side of our front yard  (6/12/17)



Hostas among the Ivy/Periwinkle (6/12/17)



First Hosta Blooms of the summer  (6/12/17)



Another Hosta among the Ivy/Periwinkle (the one which is blooming);  (6/12/17)



Continuing on the upper side of the yard toward the back,  this is mostly Periwinkle with a little Ivy;  See George in the background hiding????? ha.... (6/12/17)



Another picture of the upper side of the yard toward the back;  The Periwinkle is so thick here --and even though it takes years to get THIS thick,  it is a great ground cover since it eats up the weeds!!!  (6/12/17)_



This Hosta was our largest hosta plant UNTIL this year...  It is now in 2nd place --but is still pretty (on the upper side of the yard)  (6/12/16)



This is now the largest Hosta we have (on the lower side of the yard);  SO pretty!   (5/18/17)



More Green --with colors among the greens  (Roses and Day Lilies)  (6/8/17)



My favorite Hosta Bed this year  (lower side of the front yard)   (5/16/17)


Same Hosta Bed as above --a month later (6/12/17) ----IF these keep growing,  I'm gonna need a bigger bed... ha




Lower front yard under the big Red Bud tree  (Want to come and sit on our bench with me?) (6/12/17)



Another picture of the lower front side yard, looking back to the road   (6/12/17)



HOME  (6/8/17)


*****************************************
Meet Mr. and Mrs. Mark Wilhite;  Married 6/12/17 in Galveston, Texas;  Congrats to both!!!  (Mark is my middle son, and he and Debbie have just returned from a Caribbean Cruise.  I am so happy for them and love them both so very very much.




One more collage from the wedding last Monday of my son, Mark, and the love of his life,  Debbie;  They just returned from a Carnival Cruise to the Caribbean. These two Sweethearts have more fun together than anyone I know.  The key to their deep love and their relationship is LAUGHTER.   I am so happy for them, and I KNOW that they enjoyed every single minute on that cruise,  and will have an extremely happy life together FOREVER!!!

Hope you enjoyed today pictures of the greens in our yard... AND I hope you enjoyed seeing these pictures of two very happy people in love.... I love them both with all of my heart!

One more thing:  Hope you had a great Father's Day Weekend.... IF you would like to read some about my sweet Daddy,  click HERE.

Hugs,

33 comments:

Ann said...

Congratulations to Mark and Debbie. I'm loving all the greens around your yard. It's fast becoming one of my favorite colors

Marcia said...

I see why you're enjoying the green. Congrats to the newly weds. I have hosta on my balcony undisturbed now from the deer. I did plant some flowers in the small garden plot and yesterday discovered something had munched on the zinnias. Deer or rabbit, couldn't tell. Back to spraying liquid fence.

Linda G. said...

Congratulations to Mark and Debbie! One word about your yard and all the green you shared...lush!

Big Dude said...

Definitely lot's of green around your place to go with all of your colors. Your yard always looks so good.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, congrats to your son and new DIL. Pretty photos. Your gardens all look beautiful. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

The lush green of your yard is gorgeous! It's such a relief that the drought is apparently ended. Congratulations and best wishes to Mark and Debbie!

Annie Jeffries said...

More fun than you and George??? That is hard to imagine. LOL

George said...

I really like the greens in our yard this year, and you've captured them beautifully. That picture of me 'hiding' is one of the best you have of me. You should get more like that!

The wedding collages age great!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

It really is a green beaufigul place all around. Congras to your family. I think your son looks a lot like you. Stay happy all of you.

Betsy said...

Your yard is just beautiful Betsy. I have never had luck with growing hostas. I almost kill them quicker than I can get them in the ground! Yours are just gorgeous and lush. Congratulations again to your son and your daughter. Wishing them many happy years together. Blessings, Betsy

linda m said...

Your yard is gorgeous as always. Wish i could turn my backyard into all Periwinkle - it is just too hard to mow. I have Hostas all over the yard as well as Bleeding Hearts.

Small City Scenes said...

Beautiful, Betsy. I like green too and how it is such a great background for ALL the colors.
Happiness and more LAUGHTER to the joyous couple.
MB

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Best wishes for the happy couple. Looks like they are starting married life with lots of smiles and laughter! Isn't that great!!! And I love your beautiful home and the roses living your driveway. Everything does look so lush and green this year. We've gotten some good rain too and things are growing like crazy. Hugs!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You should be so proud of your sons, and I know you ARE! They are a beautiful couple. Well, my favorite of all your yard shots is your HOUSE!! Didn't you guess that? I have always loved it! Both in color and in shape!

Pam said...

Love all the green and the newlyweds too. They look very happy! I just looked on your sidebar at Hocking Hills. I was born in Columbus and our farm was in Pickerington, just up the road from HH. Have a great week!

Arkansas Patti said...

Congrats to Mark and Debbie. You can see the happy in their eyes.
I am a foliage person so I love all your green with the different shades, shapes sprinkled with lovely color for contrast. Well done.

David said...

Betsy, Congratulations on Mark and Debbie's wedding! Its always great to see someone you love in love with someone who loves them back just as much. Love the variations in green! Spring and early summer highlights just how many shades of it there are... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

The Furry Gnome said...

You do have a very green yard! And it's the greenest time of year right now. Our hostas are doing great.

Pat Tillett said...

Congratulations to the whole family!
I LOVE your house and yard. It is beautiful...

Lady Fi said...

Awww - the lovebirds look so happy! And wonderful shots of all your greens.

Ruth Hiebert said...

No,I didn't;t forget about you. I saw this post yesterday, but did not have time to read it and comment. Your yard is so beautiful.Everything is growing well under your care.I have several Hostas as well and love those huge leaves. Beautiful pictures of the happy couple.I wish them nothing but happiness. I have been so busy taking care of my sister and helping out in any way I can, that the computer doesn't get as much attention.
Hugs to you my friend.

Betsy said...

Congratulations to the newlyweds! Happy Wishes for the happy couple, they both have great smiles.
Beautiful green, especially with the drought you had early one.
Does your roses stay in pots? Cause they do looking this good, I will dig mine up and put in pots.
Beautiful yard and family.
Betsy

Unknown said...

All that green is just so beautiful ! Fresh and calming :)

Jeevan said...

It’s pretty green overall and hostas make the look more interesting… Lovely view facing the house with colourful flowers lining up the driveway! The couple looks pretty and charming together, glad they had fun on cruise… Best wishes to your son and in-law

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Betsy, your yard looks fabulous and I love hostas. Mine are looking pretty good, but I think I need to move a few of them to a better spot. It's really hot now and it's getting to be a chore watering all the flowers, but I love them too much to not plant even knowing how much work they are!
Your son and his bride are a beautiful couple and I wish them many, many years of happiness!
Take care and enjoy your summer!
Cheryl

Connie said...

All that green does look beautiful this year after the drought last year! Congratulations to the newlyweds! They look quite happy together.

BeachGypsy said...

Howdy there Betsy, glad to see you've been by and that you liked the recent pictures and posts. I am loving this post of yours....your green house is so pretty and oh my all your flowers are looking great! That one big hosta is amazing, how long have you had it? Love the pretty wedding pictures, sending them happy best wishes from charleston! Looks like a fun fun fun honeymoon for sure and loved her pretty wedding dress and THE HAT OF COURSE...YOU KNOW HOW I AM ABOUT HATS!! ha ha LOL They look so happy! Y'all got any big weekend plans? We are doing a little painting.

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, I so like the green of your home. A lovely color as are all the plants in your extensive garden. Years ago--when I was a junior in college--so 1957--I wrote a short story entitled "Innocence is Evergreen." And green has always been a favorite color of mine. Of course, I'm Irish!!!! Peace.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many congratulations to Mark and Debbie, the newly weds, wishing them many happy years of wedded bliss.

I really enjoyed your greens, it is one of natures best colours ... your Hosta Bed looks amazing.

I hope you are having a good week - enjoy your weekend

All the best Jan

Linda said...

Best wishes to the happy couple!

Pam said...

Love the dark green color on the house. Very pretty. Loving the flowers in the yard. You have been a busy woman over the years to get all that planted.

Chatty Crone said...

I love green so much I named my daughter Kelly. Congrats to your son and his beautiful wife! sandie

Starry Dawn said...

Congratulations to your son, Mark & his wife, Betsy!!
God may bless you all.
Greetings from Starry.