Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, March 9, 2015

Happy Birthday to my Wonderful Husband, George

The Birthday Boy (born 3/9/42) --Photo taken on 2/13/15,  at Greenbriar in the Smokies
Please take a few minutes and go to George's blog  (click HERE)  and wish him a Happy 73rd Birthday...  You all know how much I truly ADORE this man.  God put us together---and  with God at the center of our lives,  we have a wonderful life together.  I especially feel SO blessed to have this fantastic man in my life...

I will share some pictures I took of George during our Valentine's Trip to the Smoky Mountains on Feb. 12-13.   Please click on the photos for enlargements.


The first place we stopped on 2/12  was the Foothills Parkway.  The photographer was busy taking a picture of the little bit of blue sky we saw on that trip!



The wind was COLD up there on that mountain on 2/12,  along the Foothills Parkway. George seldom gets cold --but it was definitely VERY COLD that day, even to him.



Next,  after leaving the Foothills Parkway,  we drove on the Wears Valley Road (near Sevierville) in order to check out a group of waterfalls and cascades that we love to see and photograph.  George --as you know--LOVES to take fancy water photos.  This is a perfect place (although, as I said,  it was a very very cold day --and snowing a little)... Photo was taken on 2/12/15;



We did get a little snow as we drove along Little River Road (toward Gatlinburg).  We walked down the hill to check out  Mannis Branch Falls.  I like this picture of George  (on 2/12)  on his knee getting the perfect picture. 



My Sweetie will climb all around the rocks and boulders to get some good pictures.  This picture was taken on 2/13 at Greenbriar in the Smokies.



Photo taken at Greenbriar in the Smokies on 2/13/15;  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of my Sweetie.



Us on a COLD COLD day in the Smokies (photo taken on 2/12/15)
I'll close with a picture of us:  two people very much in LOVE.... To the Love of my Life:  "HAPPY BIRTHDAY....  Hope you enjoy your birthday celebration this year."

Have a great week, my Friends.  Be sure and wish George a Happy Birthday!!!!

Hugs,

44 comments:

Kay said...

Happy birthday, George! Seeing the love you two share always raises my spirits.

Small City Scenes said...

Oh Betsy!! Lovely pictures of the Birthday Boy.
I like what you said "God put us together" that's what Bob says about us. I do thank god!
MB

Ms. A said...

Beautiful images Betsy. I'm off to wish George a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

diane b said...

You have captured your man doing what he loves. I'm glad that you are so happy together.

eileeninmd said...

A lovely tribute to George! Happy Birthday to George!

From the Kitchen said...

Love the chilly photos! I'm off to wish George a happy birthday.

Best,
Bonnie

Busy Bee Suz said...

God sure did know what he was doing when he put the two of you together. Your love story is very inspiring. Wishing George all the best!
XO

linda m said...

Such beautiful pictures.You are so blessed to have George in your life. Wishing him all the best. Have a wonderful time in Arkansas.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love seeing you two together,enjoying each other and life. Give George a birthday hug from me. Hugs to you my dear friend. I'm ready to leave to get back on the bus. YEAH!!!!

Terri D said...

I will hop over to George's blog to say happy birthday! Love the photos you chose to share, but they almost make me shiver, just looking at them! Brrrrrr!!

The Furry Gnome said...

You're such a lucky lady, and George does take great waterfall pix!

Out on the prairie said...

I hope I am just as active at this age. Happy Birthday

Arkansas Patti said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE. It is so neat seeing him so busy snapping away while his adoring wife is snapping pictures of him.
You two set the romance bar high.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

Happy Birthday George!! enjoy your day. celebrate lots!! you guys both have a great week and keep celebrating all month long. why not??

enjoy it all!! take care. ( :

Manzanita said...

Birthday wishes to George. I think it's beautiful to find a romantic love and I'm sure you know the old song, "A good man is hard to find." Hahahaha

You always have an excellent eye behind that lens.

MTWaggin said...

You two are definitely a perfect pair and were destined to be together. Happy birthday to George!!!! Stay warm - spring is coming!

Linda Kay said...

What a nice tribute to your honey. You look a bit chilly with your sweatshirts and hoods up. Happy Birthday to George the cameraman!

George said...

Thank you for this wonderful post, although I think you over did it with the pictures of the old man.

George said...

Thank you for this wonderful post, although I think you over did it with the pictures of the old man.

Dorothy said...

Happy Birthday, George!!!

David said...

Betsy and George, Happy birthday George! We were born in the same year but you do have about 4 months on me. Great photos as usual... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Chatty Crone said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GEORGE!!!!! And many more.

Sylvia K said...

It's always delightful to see pics of you and George and the happiness and joy you share!!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

You all always have so much fun. Happy birthday George!

Nellie said...

Sending happy birthday wishes to George!

xo Nellie

amanda said...

The happiness you two share makes me happy, too!

Ann Thompson said...

Happy Birthday to George. I'll go over and leave my wishes on his blog next

Catherine said...

Wishing George the happiest of happy birthdays!!
xo Catherine

Marie said...

Happy Birthday to George!! My hubby's birthday was Friday, March 6th!
Great pics!
hugs,
Marie

Cheryl @ TFD said...

There seems to be a lot of March birthdays around blogdom. Happy Birthday to George!

Ginny Hartzler said...

George doing what he loves to do best! That is, next to being with YOU! I have been out of town all day, so I will go visit now!

carolina nana said...

Happy birthday to George, may you both have many more birthday celebrations !!
Blessings
Marilyn

Small Kucing said...

Happy Birthday to George. Have a blast today ya , Betsy and George :)

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday George. I hope it's been a wonderful one and God blesses you with many more. I'm sure you. Oth did something wonderful together.
Blessings,
Betsy

Helen said...

You two are so brave with the cold weather. The photos look so pretty with a light coat of snow and flowing water. will hop over to George blog now.

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots. Hope George had a wonderful day.

Rajiv Sankarapillai said...

Happy birthday.....
cool pictures...good post...
You both are lovely couple :)

Joyful said...

God bless you both! It's wonderful you found one another through God's divine grace.

Jeevan said...

My best wishes to the senior hiker :) A beautiful collage from you... and well captured him on what he’s passionate about – shooting waterfall and he’s one of the best at this front.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Happy birthday to George!!! Have an extra slice of cake for me :)

Shug said...

Sorry that I missed the Birthday! Happy Belated Birthday George!..I always enjoy seeing how you two are going to celebrate. You both are so creative in ways to celebrate big events. Happiness beams from your faces....I love it!!

Connie said...

Wonderful photos, Betsy! It sure looks cold. I hope George had a wonderful birthday!

Twilight Man said...

Happy Belated Birthday Handsome George!

The happiness he has showered you is priceless!! I am learning his gentlemanly skills to spoil my wife too.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

A rather late birthday wish to George. His is just a few days before hubby's who is 2 years older.