Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

DayLilies in our Yard, 2014; Part I

ROSIE MEYER Daylilies (taken on 6/15/14);  I captured these with the sun shining on them.
As of today,  we have had 51 different Daylily Varieties to bloom in our yarrd.--with more to come.   This has been an excellent year for both lilies and daylilies.   And the good news is that we now buy Re-blooming DayLilies ---so many of these will bloom again in the Fall!

Today I will show you 15 of these little beauties.  The ones I am showing today are from the Side Flowerbed  (where we can enjoy them from the swing on our deck) and from the little area near our Garage.    (The ones which have not bloomed yet on the side are Siloam Plum Tree and Brigade;  and one near the Garage, named Bicolor.)

Hope you enjoy seeing some of our DayLilies today.  Be sure to click on them for enlargements.


CUSTARD CANDY DayLily  (6/18/14);  We have Custard Candy in two different areas of our yard, the Front Flowerbed and along the Side.



BAMA BOUND DayLilies  (6/26/14) --I'm not a fan of Alabama sports, but this is a gorgeous Daylily.



FRED HAM DayLily  (6/26/14)



CAROLYN CRISWELL DayLily (6/26/14);  I took this one with the sun shining on it!



BRIGHT SUNSET DayLilies  (6/26/14);  We have this one in two places in our yard, the Side and near the Garage.  I took this one on the side with the sun shining on it.



JOAN SENIOR DayLilies  (6/27/14);  (Looks similar to Fred Ham pictured above)


PANDORA'S BOX DayLily (6/27/14);  This little cutie is  in two places in our yard,  on the side and in the Daylily Bed.



SPELLBINDER DayLily (6/27/15);  Unfortunately,  the deer got some of these this year--so I'm glad that I did get a picture before we lost the rest!  Dang!



RED VOLUNTEER DayLily (6/28/14);  Glad we have had this one this year since it did not bloom in 2013.



STRAWBERRY CANDY DayLily (7/02/14);  This is a gorgeous daylily I think.



EYE YI YI DayLilies  (7/02/14);  I love the name of this daylily --and we have it in two places in our yard:  by the Garage and in the DayLily Bed.



DARING DECEPTION DayLily (7/03/14)



PRAIRIE BLUE EYES DayLilies  (7/03/14);  Even though this one is NOT blue,  it is still a pretty daylily.



HUSH LITTLE BABY DayLilies  (7/03/14);  Of all of the daylilies featured today,  this is by far one of my favorites, along with Spellbinder..



********
 Here are the two beds where today's DayLilies are located.
DayLilies by the Garage: Eye Yi Yi, Bright Sunset,  Fred Ham, and one more to bloom, Bicolor



This is where most of the DayLilies that I have posted today are located --although in this photo,  you can mostly see the LILIES.. Right now,  most of the Lilies are gone --and we have  Daylilies blooming here. 
Hope you have enjoyed seeing my first set of Daylilies in our yard.  What is your favorite(s) out of this group?????  I love the close-ups of them individually,  but I also love them in big groups.  Obviously,  there are many more to come --just like the Roses and Lilies!!!!! (It's hard to keep up...)

Have a wonderful day...

Hugs,

36 comments:

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Very nice day-lilies. I did not know there was so many different varieties.

diane b said...

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful collection of blooms. I like Bright Sunset best.

Ann said...

They are all so pretty I don't think I could pick just one as a favorite. It still amazes me how many different varieties of lilies there are

eileeninmd said...

Betsy, they are all beautiful daylilies.. Lovely photos.. Have a happy day!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

wow, i love "Joan Senior" .. 51?! really. wow, that is a lot of variety in the day lily families. i bet it is just a heavenly view. too lovely. what fun!! have a great one. ( :

linda m said...

They are all so gorgeous I can't pick a favorite. I do love the name "Fred Ham" , it cracks me up. I think multi colored ones are the prettiest. Never knew there were so many different varieties.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Betsy, your Day Lillie's are all truly beautiful. I especially love all the shades of pink ones. Smile.
Hugs Judy

George said...

It's hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to pick one I would say Spellbinder. All of your photos are beautiful.

Catherine said...

They are all so pretty Betsy.
Happy Wednesday.
xo Catherine

Out on the prairie said...

Love the ruffles on Hush, but could almost eat the candy custard. Very nice, you have a nice collection.

Janice K said...

Your yard really should be featured in some garden magazine. You and George definitely have a "green thumb."

Arkansas Patti said...

I am always so amazed at the variety you have planted. They are stunning. Thank you for the site you sent me. Next year I will have more of a variety myself.

MadSnapper said...

they are all so beautiful, my two favs are ham and joan

Fun60 said...

What a treat for the eyes.

David said...

Betsy, I guess that I'm a strawberry candy kind of guy... It's my favorite. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

They are so beautiful! You have a great assortment. My lilies are already played out, sadly.

Terry and Linda said...

I like them all, but my favorite is the white one!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

happyone said...

They are all beautiful. I'm amazed of the so many different kinds.
My favorite picture is the last one. : )

Big Dude said...

They are really pretty Betsy. I used to know a lady who did the same thing with Irises and had many, many varieties.

Sylvia K said...

Gorgeous, colorful flowers, Betsy, and terrific captures as always!! Thanks so much for sharing the beauty!! A wonderful way to begin my day!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Carolyn and Spellbinder for me! With Strawberry and Hush Little Baby coming in as close seconds.HEY, I see George commenting! I have never seen him here before. I think you really could qualify as a Garden Center! Or maybe even a Botanical Garden! We have many Garden Centers that don't have half of what you do, and yours are more healthy as well.

Betsy said...

Oh how I would like to visit your yard Betsy and smell all of your beautiful flowers, "in person"! The daylillies are beautiful and I I had to chose I think it would be the Hush a Bye Babies. So sweet.
Thank you again for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Betsy

Rohrerbot said...

You must be the star attraction in your neighborhood with your amazing garden! You guys do a great job. I rake a few times around my yard...water a couple plants.....but don't quite have the color splash going on like you guys do. I'm just thankful I have green plants in the desert:)

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Love, love daylilies. What's not to love? Hardy and beautiful. I just bought a new one yesterday. All of yours are lovely.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my, your daylilies are gorgeous Betsy. I remember them the series from last year and goodness, these are just as breathtaking. Thanks for sharing them.

Beth said...

My top five are: 5)Pandora's Box,
4)Joan Senior, 3) Hush Little Baby, 2) Bright Sunset and #1---Red Volunteer. I like pastels but reds call to me also! They are all beautiful and you two are quite blessed with all that beauty.:>)

Susie Swanson said...

Oh these are absolutely gorgeous. I have several but didn't know there were that many kinds. Hugs and love, xo

Anonymous said...

Lovely assortment of daylilies, Betsy. I really miss the daylilies that mother and I had at our home in Canton.

Anonymous said...

So very lovely!

Judy said...

What lovely flowers! I didn't know that there were so many great varieties of them.

Our photos said...

Wow, so many. Very nice !

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I do so enjoy your flower tours- my favorite of this group in the Bama (not the team of course..all HOG here!) Thanks for sharing these lovelies!

Rose said...

Oh, Betsy, they are just glorious!

Chatty Crone said...

51 varieties and more coming - think I'll take the CAROLYN CRISWELL DayLily today - nice and cheery.

Jeevan said...

Hard to come up with one favorite lily! Each one of them represents a unique beauty, pretty charming and colorful. The bright sunset was spectacular :) Brilliant captures

Connie said...

They are all so pretty, Betsy. It's hard to choose a favorite. I'm sure they bring you much enjoyment.