Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. My Header Picture forJanuary reminds us that we have a brand new year to continuing celebrating life!!! Welcome to 2022!!!!!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Are you Superstitious?
Today is Friday, the 13th.... Are you superstitious????? Here are some popular superstitions.
1. Breaking a mirror will bring you seven years of bad luck.
2. Walking under a ladder will bring you bad luck. (I love the picture below, especially this month!!!)
3. Knock on Wood if you want good luck.
4. Black Cats crossing in front of you will bring you bad luck.
5. Blessing someone when they sneeze will bring them good luck and good health.
6. If you spill some salt, immediately pick it up and throw it over your left shoulder--unless you want to experience bad luck.
7. Lucky Rabbit's Foot---if you carry it, you will have good luck.
8. Opening an umbrella inside will bring bad luck.
9. If your left palm itches, you may receive money. If your right palm itches, you may have to PAY money.
10. Crossing your fingers will bring you good luck.
11. Hold your breath as you pass by a cemetery--or else you will breathe in the soul of someone who has recently passed away.
12. A horseshoe hung over your door will bring you good fortune.
13. When you break a turkey wishbone, the person with the biggest piece will have good luck.
14. Finding a four-leaf clover will bring you good luck.
15. Don't step on a crack or you'll break your grandmother's back.
How many of these have you heard???? Do you believe superstitions??? I always worried when a black cat ran across in front of me... I used to cross my fingers when I wanted some good luck... I had never heard of the cemetery one before!!!!
Whatever you do today, I hope that you have a healthy and happy and SAFE Friday, the 13th--and I wish for you LOTS of GOOD LUCK.
P.S. All of the above pictures came from the internet!!