Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More from SERENITY


Yesterday, I showed you the inside of our cabin at Serenity Falls (near Cosby, TN). Today--I want to show you the area outside around that little 'holler'. Above is a picture of me standing at the Serenity Falls sign. Below are more photos from that area. (By the way, if any of you want info about these cabins --since it was so awesome, I'll be glad to share it.)





This is the little road leading into that holler. We loved it because of the authentic and historic preservation of the area, and because of the privacy. There are so many little log cabins being built in the Smokies---usually with the cabins close together with no privacy and no view. This one is SO different. We highly recommend it --if you ever get to the Smokies.





We are getting closer to the end of the road. You can see our car parked on the left at the end of the road. It is beside our cabin--and if you look closely, you can see part of the waterfall.





This is where the owners live... They renovated this old farmhouse---and it is gorgeous. These are the luckiest people in the world to live in this 'holler'.




This is a picture of another cabin which is for rent. This one was/is the "General Store".





This cabin is called "Tillie's Stall". We didn't get a picture of the 4th cabin for rent--but it is called "Will's Barn".... I would always choose the one we stayed in since it is the one closest to the waterfall... The name of our cabin is "Ed's Mill".




This little bridge goes across the creek --which runs behind the cabins. George is taking pictures of this area.




George took this picture of our cabin (deck) --from that little bridge which crosses the creek.





This is another view of the little creek--which flows on down the mountain from the waterfall. Note the pretty Forsythia bush. Did I mention that this is a beautiful place?????? ha




One of the many Forsythia bushes ---up close and personal!!!! Isn't it beautiful???





This is the 'hang-out' area near the waterfall. Besides the swing and picnic table, there are also benches and a fire-pit. The owners told us that there are LOTS of weddings here right beside the waterfall. What a neat setting for a wedding, don't you think???




I am sitting on one of the benches in the neat little area next to the waterfall. Isn't Serenity Falls one of the prettiest waterfalls you've ever seen???





I took this picture of George while we were wandering around the area taking photos. You can see our gorgeous cabin again--with that neat deck and big picture-window.




Here's one last photo --looking toward our cabin with Serenity Falls in the background. Oh---how wonderful this little vacation was!!!!
Hugs,

47 comments:

Unknown said...

just beautiful Betsy! Ya'll look so happy there!!

Kim said...

Great pictures. I love the ones of the little creek and you sitting on the rock.

Michele said...

Oh again, these are absolutely fabulous. I could see us having a wedding there! How delightful.

The air must smell so clean and crisp.
What a beautiful getaway!

Hugs♥

Shelley said...

Sounds like this was a perfect place for you & George to visit! I love the style of these cabins! And the scenery is to die for - I can picture barbecueing on that deck looking over the creek! So glad you had a wonderful time!!

Peggy said...

I would never want to leave that little cabin!!! What a perfect place to stay. Everything is so beautiful and calming. Will add it to my want to go to list. Thanks!

Pigeon said...

I would have loved to take a vacation like that. What a beautiful area.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Betsy: You definetly got the pick of the cabins. They must have known you loved waterfalls.

Connie said...

I can see where the waterfall got it's name. It looks so serene. I love that picture window in your cabin looking out at the falls. No matter what the weather you can still enjoy the falls.

Susie said...

I love it Betsy! I can see why you guys had such a wonderful time. I had a wonderful time and I wasn't even there! hehe!!!

Now you have me wanting to go to the mountains for vacation.

Karin said...

I agree with Susie! I was simply blessed reading about it and hearing about it from you - how much more wonderful it will be when or if I ever get to see it in person. Now that reminds me of Heaven!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

So pretty Betsy.
I think you and George should renew your vows there...you know for your 100th month anniversary!!!! :)

Mandy said...

We are going to have to go there! it looks so beautiful and rustic - my kind of place.

Mandy

Rose said...

These just make me miss Tennessee more! I sure love the looks of this place.

Cedar ... said...

I want to go there for a vacation,...but I want that cabin too! What a wonderful job the owners have done with that property!

NCmountainwoman said...

It is definitely a gorgeous place all right. Looks like a wonderful place to get away from it all.

Sunny said...

Good morning to you, Betsy! Oh my, just look at your smile! You look like the "happiest girl in the whole USA" :)

These are lovely pictures, and yes, Serenity is a gorgeous place, I agree.

Thankyouuuu, for the tour this morning!

Hugs

Anonymous said...

It is truly a magical looking place Betsy. So glad you had the opportunity to stay in the cabin closest to the falls. It certainly is perfect for you two!

I Am Woody said...

That picture of you on the bench is wonderful!!

Mary said...

Definitely a beautiful place! Would like to go there sometime.

CountryDreaming said...

Definitely a beautiful place, gorgeous photos, and I love the atmosphere. It comes through in the quality of the air and the richness of the grass. And that winding road with its vanishing point in the mountains just makes you so eager to adventure on down it ...

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Hey Betsy,are you being paid for all this advertising?LOL
If we ever get to the Smokies this is a must see place.Beautiful!
Blessings,Ruth

Becca's Dirt said...

Betsy - thanks for sharing those beautiful shots. You do look very happy and I can see why. I can't wait to get to the cabin. Info please.

Natalie said...

This place looks awesome! I am going to have to try and arrange a vacation for Jeff and I there.

Deborah Godin said...

So that's a 'holler'! (I think I mentioned to you before how in-love I am with the local dialect in your area, back when you did those language posts). It's just lovely - nice 'crick' too! (how am I doing?) ;-)

Carol Murdock said...

Staying in places like these.....
is what makes getting old and retirement "golden"! I will defintely check this out on my next Smokies trip!
Carol

SmilingSally said...

It's a restful looking place.

Did you see my post about my mom's forsythia bush? lol

Unknown said...

I found a Nasturtium bloom, hurry come see!!!

Diane said...

I have to agree with Susie. I, too, had a wonderful time even though I wasn't even there. It looks a lot greener than it does around here. (White!)

Pat - Arkansas said...

Loved the "more" photos, Betsy! You've found a real jewel there.

Thistlebrooms said...

Hi Betsy...
Maybe I have the Ocean BUT you sure have some Fantastic Water Falls my friend!!! Maybe you can let me in on your secret place...Send me the info about it if you can, I SO love to take trips in the OFF Season...

It must be Fantastic for the both of you to share the same loves!!!

I really enjoyed looking at your amazing photos of your trip (and others)...I'll of course Be Back...
Thanks for Sharing...
My Best...Marilyn

Janie said...

This looks like a beautiful out of the way place, very special. It would make a great site for a wedding.
Lovely pictures. I'm glad you had such a good time.

marmee said...

this looks like the perfect place for you. i love that you can see the waterfall from inside your little cabin. how much fun you must be having.

Diane AZ said...

Hi Betsy, I fully enjoyed your tour of Serenity Falls, an unbelievably gorgeous place. Thank you for all the wonderful images and descriptions!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

You are just glowing. This is such a beautiful and peaceful loooking place...m.

dot said...

Wow, I can't believe all the nice places ya'll have been to! The falls are indeed very beautiful. Nice pictures of you and George also.

lola said...

As always Betsy they are gorgeous pics. I know you 2 had a wonderful time. That sure is a beautiful place. Makes me homesick. So much more there than here.

Unknown said...

Betsy it really looks like you had a wonderful vacation. I also love they way they have preserved the old buildings and the nature surrounding it is so pretty.

Unknown said...

BTW tell George he needs to update his link to you on his blog, to this new blog!

Unknown said...

As a hydrologist, I approve of this post. We have hollows where I grew up in Maryland too, where the stream run ...

Tootie said...

All of your beautiful photos are sure the next best thing to being there. Thanks for sharing them with us Betsy.

Small City Scenes said...

Lucky lucky lucky lucky YOU!!!!!!!

You sound so absolutely joyous. thanks for sharing with us. MB

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Oh my gosh, I want this waterfall at my cabin!!! I can only imagine waking up to that sound of the water flowing..how beautiful this is. We will have to take a drive so I can take my own pictures. :0)

Stephanie
Queen of Dreamsz

Jayne said...

Just such a neat little place! Glad you all had such a great time there Betsy. :c)

Leedra said...

Looks like you got the pick of the litter. How did you rate the best cabin they had?

Leedra’s Photos For Fun

Leedra’s Greeting Cards

Photography By Leedra

Grammy said...

All great photos! I love the one of you with the falls in the back ground.

Connie said...

What a lovely and charming place, Betsy. It all looks so pretty and peaceful. :D

Clara....in TN said...

That place is beautiful. I know where Cosby is, but have heard of Serenity Falls. We don't get to go much any more because of my husbands illness, and I miss it so much! Thanks for taking me on this trip!