Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MAY!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful IRISES from our yard. Meet "Goodnight Kiss"

Monday, July 3, 2023

Our Anniversary Trip to Pisgah Inn 2023

 Dear Blog Friends,   George and I celebrated our 22 wedding Anniversary  on June 23.   SO--in order to experience this special celebration,  we headed to Pisgah Inn (on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina) from June 21-24.

Today I'll share just a few of our MANY photos from that trip. I put them in an order so that it would tell you a story about this year's Anniversary Celebration!  I hope you enjoy the story!!!

Uh Oh... This is what we encountered when we got up that mountain!!!!!!! (And it stayed FOGGY that evening and the entire next day!!)



After a good night's sleep, there nothing better to cheer someone up than a nice big breakfast at the inn restaurant.  YUM.



 Since we couldn't see or do much from the mountain top (Pisgah is at an elevation of over 5000 feet),  we headed down that mountain, and drove to Brevard to get away from the fog!   Of course,  we stopped to get some pictures of Looking Glass Falls... (As you know,  we can't go anywhere unless we see a waterfall!!!!! ha ha ha)



WOW---on the morning of our ANNIVERSARY,  the fog lifted and we had a view of the mountains and valleys below!!!!!!   Beautiful don't you think?



SO we headed east along the Blue Ridge Parkway taking pictures along the way.  Don't you love that sky????



We made it up to CRAGGY GARDENS (elevation about 5500 feet) --and while we were there,  the fog rolled in!!!  But we still enjoyed being there!!!



While near Craggy,  I was thrilled to see two of my favorite high mountain trees.  This one is named FLAME AZALEA...  



This one is called MOUNTAIN ASH and I love it... IF we were to come back in September/October,  this tree is covered with red berries!  So beautiful.


After a beautiful day along the Blue Ridge Parkway,  we came back to the Pisgah Inn Restaurant  for some delicious dinner.   While waiting,  I just HAD to smell the flowers.  Their Pisgah Pasta is so delicious (Garlic and white wine cream sauce, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach and parmesan over al dente pasta)



After dinner,  look what we saw!!!! Since I thought of son, Bert. so much during this trip--I think this RAINBOW was a message from him telling us Happy Anniversary and that he is doing fine... 



OH ---how I loved seeing that rainbow ---and just being at Pisgah Inn with the love of my life! Happy Anniversary, Honey.  Can we have 22 more years together???????



What a perfect ending for a perfect day!



The next morning at Breakfast,  our amazing waiter took our picture!!!  Look at the amazing view we had from the restaurant window!!!!



I love this big cloud!!!!  Bert is sitting up here looking down at us!  (I love you, my son, and  miss you more than you know!)



Here's one last picture of a beautiful sunrise on the last morning of our trip. 


I hope you enjoyed seeing pictures from our little Anniversary Trip.  Pisgah is a beautiful place --even when it is foggy!!!!!   Have a great July, my friends,  and Happy Birthday, America!!!

Hugs to all,
BETSY and GEORGE



18 comments:

Linda G. said...

I liked reading your anniversary story. I have lots of pictures of fog, like that first one, while driving on the BRP! The weather got better for you….beautiful sunrise pictures AND a rainbow. How glorious!

Ann said...

Happy Anniversary. What a beautiful trip you had, even with the fog. I agree, that rainbow was a sign from Bert.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos and Happy Anniversary!
Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

George said...

I think the Pisgah Inn is awesome even with the fog. I'll do my best to make it possible for us to celebrate our anniversary there 22 years from now!

Marcia said...

That is a beautiful place. Years ago after one of your trips there I bookmarked that Inn as a place to visit. Alas it hasn't happened and now we live even farther away so doubt we'll get there. Glad you returned and shared the sights. Happy Anniversary.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good to see you, Betsy! You are both looking so good! I think my favorite is the rainbow, and some of the gorgeous sky shots. I hope you have a great Fourth!

Sandee said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. What a fabulous time you had and I want you to know your two remind me of Zane and I. We love each other that much too.

Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

David said...

Betsy, Happy Anniversary! You certainly did a fine job of celebrating in a beautiful location. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Big Dude said...

It's obvious you guys really like the Inn - our neighbors are also big fans of it and Little Switzerland. Love the hand holding pic. Congratulations on the anniversary.

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy Anniversary Betsy!

Fun60 said...

That rainbow was definately created just fof the two of you. Beautiful photos of a very special place.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful shots.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
I did enjoy seeing your photographs.
How wonderful that on the morning of your anniversary the fog lifted and you had a view of the mountains and valleys.

Sending my good wishes and belated happy anniversary wishes.

All the best Jan

diane b said...

Sure is a magical place. You are lucky ducks to be able to celebrate there. Congratulations both of you..

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Happy Happiest Anniversary!! What a beautiful place y'all picked to celebrate your anniversary- the mountains are my favorite anytime I can find some to visit- we've never been here though.

Shug said...

You two are the cutest and I enjoy watching how much you both love life and you live it to the fullest. Y'all always make my day with all of your positiveness. Big hugs and happy that you were able to tae this much needed anniversary trip.

Neal said...

Wow... I wish we could have been there with you. Such beautiful scenery.

Neal said...

One more thing... that first picture is what it looked like when we went into the mountains one day in CO. You just learn to make the best of the situation.