Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Monday, December 7, 2020

First TINY Snow of the Season--- Nov. 30/Dec. 1--2020

We had snow most of the day --but it didn't start sticking until after dark,  11/30/20.  The Deck Lights look pretty with a little snow around.

Dear Blog Friends,   Happy DECEMBER!!!!!  As hard as this year has been for many of us,  I am determined to find something each day that makes me HAPPY.  Today ---I'm happy to share with you pictures of our first little SNOW  of the season.  As a southern gal,  I love snow ---but living in TN means that we don't ever get much here.  SO---I take advantage of enjoying every single flake!!! ha

Hope you enjoy the pictures and stories as much as I enjoyed sharing them.

Our front porch all decked out for Christmas, 11/30/20


The Front of our House all decorated with lights and some snow,  11/30/20


The after-dark pictures were the best since the snow was sticking then,  11/30/20.


"Baby, It's Cold Outside"---SO guess what we did????  We came inside near the fireplace --and enjoyed some Hot Chocolate.. YUM.  (11/30/20)


TOTALLY DARK --but the iPhone takes great 'night' pictures.  More snow makes the lights glisten!!!!  Love it!   (11/30/20)  NOTE the homes across the golf course with their lights on!!!


The front yard beginning to turn white!!!!  I took this picture looking into total darkness... Amazing what cameras can do these days!  NOTE:  We had had LOTS of rain before it turned to snow,  so the ground was still wet and warm.  Another thing most people would love about this little snow:  NONE on the ROADS at all!!!!


Last picture before heading to bed,  11/30/20;  NOTE:  See the black plastic bags???  Inside those bags are our LILIES. They are all tied up and protected from the bad weather... Then say:  "See you in Spring"...  How would you like to sleep through the winter?????  ha


Now --you'll have to adjust your eyes... It is now morning  (12/1/20) ---and here's all of the snow we got (less than an inch).  BUT--it's really really COLD outside --so I didn't stay out very long.


I love how the snow accumulates on our shrubs and bushes.  This is one of our Holly Bushes along the front of the house!  (12/1/20)


I'll close with one more picture of our decorated Front Porch --Christmas 2020.


 Well----Merry Christmas to you... Hope the pictures brought a smile to your face today. I know many of your are asking:  "How can she get so excited about a teeny bit of snow?"    WELL---I don't know but know that I've always loved snow.  I lived in the deep south for about 20 years and saw NO snow at all.   In these trying times,  we all need lots of smiles and joy and happiness.  I posted this to say to you: Find something that makes you happy.   Enjoy it to its fullest!!!!  2020 has been a rough year,  and Christmas (like Thanksgiving) will be very different this year...  SO---get out there and find things (little things) that make you HAPPY.  Find the JOY in the season!!!!!

Family Update:  My middle son Mark and Girlfriend Robin BOTH  have had the Covid Virus.  Robin's assistant at work first tested positive and it spread from there...  Robin has had a rough time with the virus but is beginning to feel better (we hope and pray).  Mark has had a mild case---but both of them have been and will continue to be quarantined (15 days total).   Prayers for all of the people who are suffering from this terrible virus.  

George and I are still healthy but are extremely careful,  and don't go anywhere much these days... I'm glad we have each other --but we both get lonely knowing that we cannot be with family and friends now...   That is another reason George and I are working hard to find joy and happiness during this Christmas season 2020..   

 Hope you can find JOY in the little things in life this month!!!!!  Share that JOY with others.  We all need to make each other feel GOOD.    Hey Folks ---it's Christmas!!! Show the Love!!!

Hugs,

Betsy💝💛💚💕

 


19 comments:

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Aunque no ha entrado el invierno oficialmente, ya se acusa en frío en nuestras calles. Aunque en mi ciudad no suele nevar normalmente, el frío se hace bien de notar.

En alguna población de la provincia, se ha apreciado una nevada de escasa importancia, comparada con países de más al norte que el nuestro.

Ya se aprecia el ambiente hermoso de la Navidad, yo también terminé de adornar terraza y balcones.

Que tengas una excelente semana.

Linda G. said...

I think the snow that I like the most is the snow that falls and sticks to the tree branches, grassy areas and shrubs and NOT on the roads. We get that kind of snow sometimes, early in the season. We have had two winter storms with significant snowfall so far this season. Some snow from the last snow is still on the ground.

I was sorry to hear that your son and his wife both had COViD. I am happy to hear that they are feeling better. Stay safe, stay well my friends.

Ann said...

Your Christmas lights look beautiful. I'm happy that you got snow to bring you some joy. I know how much you love it.
Glad to hear that Robin and Mark are doing better

George said...

Since this little snow made you so happy, I wouldn't mind if we had two or three more snows like this before Spring. You got some great night pictures.

Lynda said...

I am so thankful that Mark and Robin are both beginning to feel better. We are seeing that in families in this area that one usually gets harder hit with sickness than the rest. The important thing is they are getting better. Great pictures you took!

Dee said...

I loved your lights and Christmas Tree and that is about enough snow for me. My husband passed last November and I had heart surgery this past August. I understand fully what you mean to find something each day for joy. Glad to hear your son and girlfriend are getting better.

Arkansas Patti said...

I am like you and crave snow. So far we haven't even had a heavy frost. Sigh.
Am so sorry that your son and wife have had to deal with Covid and hope they are totally free soon.
Will put them in my prayers.
You and George stay safe.

David said...

Betsy, We had our first snow down here in the valley as well but it looks like you had a tad more. Love your Christmas tree! We've been lucky so far, (knock on wood), no one in our immediate family on either side have had Covid although our former house/cat sitter got it and unknowingly spread it to her family. Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Betsy said...

I'm glad that you're so happy about the snow Betsy. We've already had so much, I'm done with it. It makes me feel even more isolated, which is silly because I'm not going anywhere anyway!
I'm glad to hear that Robin an Mark are feeling better. I'll be praying for complete healing for them.
Blessings,
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

i love how excited you get about a light layer of snow. I told someone today that I want a good blizzard and a foot or two of snow, and she thought i was crazy. Maybe I am, but I would welcome that kind of weather.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is good to see a post from you! Maybe since you are going out less, you will have more time to post? My favorite is your beautiful hearth picture, with the tree. Simply gorgeous!! I am sorry about mark & Robin! Phil's brother and his wife both have Covid as well. We are in a hot spot now, what about you?

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Enjoy those light and snow! Hope your family all gets healthy soon!

Barb said...

I love seeing your decorations, Betsy - they make the house looks so cozy (especially with that little bit of magical white). You and George take care of yourselves - Bob and i are also very careful.

Charlene said...

Hi Betsy, Your photos are lovely. I live in western NY and we have had snow a couple of times. The weatherman said last night that to date we have had 4.8 inches of snow. Last year, we had 28,7. What a difference. I like snow at Christmas, then it can go away! Hope Mark and Robin are feeling better. We are all hanging on here. You and George have a wonderful Christmas! Charlene

The Furry Gnome said...

We have more snow than you do! Take care.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! Your blog is absolutely beautiful with the lovely Christmas decorations. The snow was so lovely. You have a very pretty house decorated so beautifully.
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
What wonderful photographs on your post, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them.
I do hope that both Mark and Robin are feeling better, they are in my prayers.
I agree with you 100%, it is so important to enjoy the little things in life, especially during the month of December.

As I type this it's Friday night here in the UK, so I wish you and George a good weekend.
Stay safe and well.

All the best Jan

Linda said...

I hope Robin is much better by now. My older daughter Lynn has been ill with Covid for three weeks. Her temperature finally dropped below 100 degrees F today and she sounds a little more perky.

We haven't had any real snow yet, although folks an hour away got some in the mountains.

Kay said...

You are such a beautiful person, Betsy, inside and out. I'm sorry for Mark and his girlfriend. My husband's cousin died of COVID. She was in a care home. At this stage, I think we all know somebody who has gotten the virus. It's scary. We always wear our masks and definitely keep our distance. Stay safe please and have a happy Christmas together.