Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Monday, June 22, 2020

Join us for a Little Walk Around DRY FALLS

One of George's fancy, neat pictures of DRY FALLS, taken on 6/15/20
Dear Friends,   Tomorrow  (6/23/20) is George's and my 19th Wedding Anniversary.  We are starting 20 years --which have been some of the best years of my life...

Due to Covid-19,  we haven't traveled much this year YET---- until last week.  Since Pisgah Inn (along the Blue Ridge Parkway west of Asheville, North Carolina) was opened with very strict Social Distancing rules,  we decided to celebrate our anniversary a week early.  

We spent  Monday,  6/15,  through Thursday,  6/18,   at one of our all-time favorite inns,  Pisgah Inn...  AND--of course,  we enjoyed visiting some waterfalls we hadn't seen in awhile,  plus we got to take some great hikes...  It was wonderful to get out in nature and enjoy God's beautiful world.

Today I'll take you on a little WALK --as we visited DRY FALLS  near Highlands, North Carolina along the Cullasaja Gorge area on 6/15/20.  Put on your hiking shoes and come with me!!!   WARNING:   Prepare to get a little wet as you walk behind the Falls!!!!   BUT --on a hot summer day,  that water felt good!!!!!!

Here we are---beginning our walk around the beautiful waterfall!!!

Getting a little closer!!!!   Are you getting excited????   (There are a few people around --but not too many.)

Here's a very happy woman ---getting closer to Dry Falls (which incidentally is NOT dry).... ha

WOW---what a big waterfall!!!! We are getting closer and closer!!!!!  Don't be scared!!!!!

Now we are starting to walk behind the waterfall... Prepare to get wet!!!!

A picture taken as we begin to walk under the falls!!!

Whew---that felt good!!!! Now --we're coming out on the OTHER side!

Here comes George!!!   He stopped to take more pictures.

We made it to the other side!!!!  Do you like it????

George got some GREAT pictures of this amazing waterfall!!!!

A 'damp' but happy woman on the 'other' side of the waterfall!!!

Another of George's amazing pictures of Dry Falls!
Well---except for getting quite damp,  I hope you enjoyed taking the walk with us around that beautiful waterfall.... If you ever get to western North Carolina,  be sure and visit the Cullasaja Gorge area between Franklin and Highlands....  It's an amazing journey!!!!!

Have a great week ---and stay happy and healthy.... And --a Happy Belated Father's Day to all of the fathers out there!!!!   Much Love!!!

Hugs,

25 comments:

Ann said...

Dry Falls looks pretty wet to me...lol It sure is pretty though. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it.

Big Dude said...

Happy Anniversary and great shots of the falls.

Judy said...

I wonder why it has that name. I want to go there.

Ellen said...

Thank you for taking us behind the waterfall. I didn't mind getting damp!

George said...

The walk around the falls was very enjoyable -- perfect for a hot summer day. You got some wonderful pictures of our little hike.

Arkansas Patti said...

How cool that there is a walkway behind the falls. Never done that. Curious, is it ever really dry?

linda m said...

Happy Anniversary to you and George. What a wonderful trip you just took us on. i am putting that one on my bucket list.

Marcia said...

What fun to do on a hot day!

Happy Anniversary!

I've not read any blogs for two weeks while I was in Buffalo helping with child care so daughter and son in law could work. Now we are quarantined here for 2 weeks-no leaving apartment at all. But have lots to do in preparation for our move to NH on July 15th.

Betsy said...

Happy Anniversary to you and George. It looks like you chose a beautiful place to celebrate. Such a gorgeous waterfall. We took our "little" trailer halfway up Mt. Spokane and spent the weekend there. It was so quiet. No cell or internet service and it was lovely.
Blessings,
Betsy

David said...

Betsy, Happy Anniversary! Nifty waterfall! It took me a minute to figure out why it's called Dry Falls. One can walk behind the waterfall and still stay relatively dry... Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, I loves this!! It is so cool, to be able to walk around it, and be so close from all angles! I have never seen anything like it. I sure don't remember this fall if you ever posted it before. DRY Falls?? an oxymoron for sure. WHY the name? Does it dry up at times? Happy anniversary!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Dear Betsy
I didn't get wet at all! LOL!
I certainly enjoyed seeing these amazing falls from the comfort of my arm chair. What an amazing place to visit.
I enjoyed seeing your photographs, and would also wish you and George a very happy anniversary.

Have a good week.

All the best Jan

Chatty Crone said...

Happy 19th Anniversary. I loved your trip. I think places are cleaner now then they have ever been.
I have to answer your comment on my blog - but I agree with everything you said!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That was fun, or at least it would be if I could be there in person. Right now I could stand some waterfall therapy. I have been nursing a very sore back, so movements are somewhat restricted. This getting older is not for wimps.

Lady Fi said...

Wonderful shots of the falls!

Dee said...

Happy Anniversary to you and George!! Love, Love the waterfall!! Thanks so much for taking us along and letting us see more of God's creation. If I ever get out that way, I will definitely take that hike.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Betsy,

Happy Anniversary to you and George! The Dry Falls looks beautiful. The photos are wonderful, it is great to see the falls with so much water. Your trip to Pisgah Inn sounds great, I am glad all went well. It does feel good to get away. Have a happy day!

The Furry Gnome said...

Love George's two photos!

Connie said...

Those falls are impressive. What a beautiful place to go for a walk too.

Dorothy said...

That was quite an adventure! When we were at Dry Falls there was a sign saying they were closed, and I noted in my journal, (and probably Dry!:)

Charlene said...

Hi Guys! Looks like you had a lot of fun. The falls are beautiful. Watkins Glen NY has a small falls you can walk behind when you go through the gorge. It does feel good on a hot summer day. Happy Anniversary!! Charlene

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Thanks for sharing the amazing waterfall. Happy Anniversary!

betty-NZ said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary! Awesome photos, George does a great job, too!!


Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

Kay said...

I do really like George’s waterfall photos. I have a friend who taught me how to do it on my iPhone and do you think I remember how? Sigh...

Sharon said...

The last time I was at Dry Falls, it was PACKED with people and the falls were just slightly better than a trickle! How wonderful it must've been to be there when so uncrowded and with lots of water flow.