Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Monday, December 30, 2019

HAPPY NEW YEAR -- 2020

Dance with us into 2020!!!
Dear Friends/Family,  I hope you have had a good 2019 ---and will have an even  BETTER 2020.  After living through 2017 with so much tragedy in our family,  and then 2018 (when I was so sick with my A Fib/medications) ---I can say that I have had a GREAT 2019.  

On  April 10,  I finally got to see a new heart doctor (An Electrophysiologist) for my A Fib...   Dr. Bradford scheduled a Cardioversion which I had on April 23...   It WORKED... For the first time in over a year,  my heart was beating normally.   Then on  June 13 ---I had a Cardiac Ablation ---which worked also... SO---except for a couple of short A Fib Episodes (Nov. 5 and Dec. 18)--my heart is 'behaving' nicely!!!!!!  Dr. Bradford gave me my life back ---so I'll definitely say that I had a good 2019!!!!

As I've said before,  A Fib is NEVER totally gone --but if I can keep mine controlled without those horrible medications,  then I'm fine!!!!  I thank God for every minute I'm alive and feeling good!

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?   I do not for the most part --but usually decide on one very important thing in my life to work on that will help improve my life.... These days,  as a 77 year old woman,  my emphasis is (and will be forever I'm sure) on my HEALTH.   So --for all of my older friends out there,   I wish for you GOOD HEALTH in 2020.   For all of you younger friends ---I wish for you many more years of doing what you can and want to in life.. Do not put things off until retirement -or until you get older because as you know,  there are no guarantees in life...DO IT NOW.

George and I are blessed (compared to others our age) with 'fairly' good health.  We can still travel some and definitely are enjoying life to its fullest.   However,   as we age,  we are slowing down --and things which may have been simple a few years ago are getting harder!!!!!

Today though,  as our picture shows above ---we are DANCING in 2020 with JOY.   Won't you dance with us????

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL.

Much Love,

23 comments:

Big Dude said...

A very Happy New Year to you and George.

Ann said...

I will gladly dance happily into 2020 with you and George. I don't do resolutions but I will attempt to be a better me in the new year.

George said...

I'm looking forward to dancing through the new year with you!

Connie said...

So glad to hear you've had good results with your doctor, Betsy! Wishing you and George all good things in the new year!

Betsy said...

I'm wishing you and George a happy, HEALTHY new year my dear Betsy. May God grant you peace and lots of people surrounding you both with love.
Blessings,
Betsy

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Health is wealth! Enjoy your day and week ahead. Happy New Year, I wish you all the best in 2020!

Arkansas Patti said...

So happy the ablation is still working. That has to be a relief.
Let's hope that 2020 brings even more good things your way.
Happy New Year Betsy and George.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You and George are just TOO cute!! we always say that if you don't have your health, you don't have anything...everything else depends on it. And this is so true. I just got over a terrible bout of flu or food poisoning. Lost 5 pounds in one day!! I will never be as skinny as you, but am happy with my weight now. YES, let's work on our health!! No one knows our bodies like ourselves, so don't let anyone make light of worries. Happy New Year to my cute and adventurous friends!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Good health, is so important at any age. Getting older brings with it some 'side-effects' that are not always pleasant, but can be dealt with. I happy to hear that you are doing well and so happy that you have each other to spend time with.

The Furry Gnome said...

I could sure use some of that good health! I'll think of you if you think of me!

Judy said...

I am dancing with you. Happy New Year!!

Buttercup said...

Happy to dance with you and George and celebrate the gift of friendship every day of the new year! Love, good health and much happiness to you and George.

Linda said...

May your new year be healthful and peaceful.

Lady Fi said...

Wishing you a healthy and happy year ahead!

William Kendall said...

Happy New Year!

Old Lady Archer & Bird Watcher said...

Hi Betsy, Happy New Year! Have a blessed, healthy, year in 2020. Happy birding and gardening and travels. By the way, I finally joined Google blogger just so I could once again comment on your blog, Ginny's blog and Elaine's blog! I have missed commenting. So, have a really great coming year. Linda W. (wildlifewatcher).

Barb said...

I'll dance with you, Betsy! I agree with not putting off things that are important to you. All of us are going to run out of time at some point. My best wishes to you and George as we dance into 2020!

BeachGypsy said...

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE!! LOve this picture of y'all...so cute!! happy and healthy new year my friend!! Hugs

Shug said...

Happy New Year's Betsy and George.....You two are so much fun to watch and I love having you both as friends.

Beatriz said...

Dear Betsy
I wish you an extraordinary new year, with so much happiness and health!
Many hugs

Bia
biaviagemambiental.blogspot.com

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Happy New Year to you both!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
I'm up and dancing with you :)
My good wishes to you and George for a Happy New Year.

All the best Jan

Harshu said...

I'm wishing you and George a happy, HEALTHY new year my dear Betsy. May God grant you peace and lots of people surrounding you both with love.
Blessings,

https://happy-new-year-wishes-in-2021.blogspot.com/?m=1