Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to APRIL!!!! Spring is AWESOME. Enjoy some beautiful TULIPS from Biltmore!!

Monday, April 29, 2019

Easter Season with Family

George took this gorgeous Panorama on Easter Sunday at Black Mountain Overlook near Crab Orchard,  Tennessee.  
Dear Family and Friends,   Can you believe that April is almost over??????  Mercy Me--time is flying by!!!!!!    Hope you had a wonderful Palm Sunday AND Easter Weekend...   George and I certainly did...We visited George's daughter,  Kelly,  in her new apartment in Nashville,  TN  on Palm Sunday.   Then my son, Mark,  and his gal, Diana,  came to see us on Easter Sunday....  Thank God for FAMILIES!!!!!

Today I will share pictures from both special days, but unfortunately,  we only took the one picture of Kelly on Palm Sunday... I'm sure we were just too excited to see her new home.....   We obviously had a great day both on Palm Sunday and on Easter Sunday... Hope you enjoy today's pictures.


Handsome Son Mark ---doing some rock hopping at the Black Mountain Overlook, 4/21/19



New Growth everywhere we looked!!!!!   Love the pinecones!!!   4/21/19


Mark and Diana ---at Black Mountain, 4/21/19;   Great view of the Cumberland Plateau!




Mark--climbing down between some of the huge rock formations at Black Mountain,  4/21/19



Diana took this picture of my two guys and an old woman!!!!!!!! I think they were both worried that that old woman would fall off of the mountain.... ha ha



Another picture showing all of the new Spring Growth on that Pine Tree,  4/21/19



George checking out the rock formations at Black Mountain



Superman --climbing around on all of the different rocks at Black Mountain



All of the above pictures were taken on Easter Sunday on our hike to Black Mountain Overlook,  near  Crab Orchard,  Tennessee.. We had a great day for hiking.

The pictures below were taken at an overlook  (looking down toward Daddy's Creek) here in Fairfield Glade,  Tennessee, also on Easter Sunday..


A picture of the Fairfield Glade Overlook on a beautiful Easter Sunday day,  4/21/19



I love this picture of Diana....   She has a sombrero  on her head!!!!!! ha ha



Mark took  this picture of George and me ---at the Fairfield Glade Overlook,  4/21/19



I love this picture of Mark and Diana,  taken at the Fairfield Glade Overlook, 4/21/19



I don't know what we were talking about,  but I must have said something to make Diana laugh!!!!



The one picture we took on Palm Sunday (4/14/19) when we were in Nashville,  visiting  Kelly;   Look at that fancy dessert she was eating...... (No calories of course!!! ha ha)



Back to the Fairfield Glade Overlook:   George took this picture of Mark,  Diana and me on Easter, 2019!!!!
WELL---enough pictures for today!!!!   Hope you enjoyed seeing these family pictures...  The older I get,  the more important it becomes to be with FAMILY.     All in all,  we had a wonderful April ---including both Palm Sunday and Easter... Thanks be to God.

Have a great week!!!!

Hugs,

22 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

What a wonderful time you and George had seeing both sides of the family. Great photographs Betsy.

Ann said...

Fantastic photos. It looks like all of you had a wonderful time.

Linda G. said...

Wonderful photographs of you and family members

Linda said...

Great family photos! looks like a fun time and interesting rocks.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Betsy, looks like you had a wonderful time with your family over the Easter holiday. Great collection of family photos and memories. Happy Monday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a great new week ahead.

George said...

We had two wonderful weekends visiting with our children. You got some wonderful pictures.

Betsy said...

Such beautiful photos Betsy. You can just see the love you all have for each other. Thank you for sharing with us. May is just around the corner and camping season too!
Blessings,
Betsy

Arkansas Patti said...

You make me nervous how close to the edge you guys get. I am sure you are staying safe though.
How nice to enjoy both of your families. No better way to spend time.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This last picture is stupendous!! Mark IS handsome, and I love those sunglasses. Yes, I think they did not want you to fall off the mountain, that sure gave me a laugh! I am so glad you had such a great Easter season!! You are looking well, how are you?

Sandi said...

Fantastic views!

Oh...that ice cream sundae...yum!

Chatty Crone said...

I am so happy you have all that family. That they enjoyed your passion of hiking. Sure is a pretty area - love the flowers. Beautiful photos.

William Kendall said...

Quite a place for a hike!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
These are such lovely photographs you've shared.
I'm so pleased you had a lovely Easter.
I do agree with you, it is so special to spend time with family.

Enjoy the week ahead, hard to believe that it will be May on Wednesday.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful pictures and and a lovely family. Kelly's dessert looks amazing and no calories would be just perfect.

David said...

Hi Betsy, Nice to have family so close, that's for sure. We get to see family if we drive 8 hours or more or if they come to visit us... I understand the boys worrying about you falling off the cliff. My sense of balance is not good either and I know that I wouldn't be able to pass a physical balance DUI test! I'd just have to tell them, breathalyzer or blood test...otherwise they'd lock me up! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Fun60 said...

I think I missed April. I can't believe May is here. I just want time to slow down so I can savour the beauty around me a bit longer.Your photos are just pure joy Betsy as always.

Connie said...

What great pictures! It looks like you and your family really enjoyed the holidays and the sunny weather.

BeachGypsy said...

Love these pictures, Betsy! Thanks for sharing your family with us. Love all the beautiful spring in Tennessee pictures!-- Tennessee is always beautiful though, isn't it?! Glad y'all had a great holiday. Easter is my favorite holiday.

Shug said...

Hey sweet Betsy....this looks like a fun day.... I am so very happy for Mark. He has a lot of joy on his face. I love seeing the pictures of all of your hikes. Enjoy all these special little trips with your family..

Busy Bee Suz said...

What sweet family photos. Mark looks so happy and I know that makes YOU happy too. It's the precious family time that means the most.

Lady Fi said...

You look as if you had a great time!

Silver in AZ said...

great photos, and I'm glad you had a wonderful Easter! I'm back to blogging, but at my blogger site: https://agentlebreeeze.blogspot.com/