Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, September 17, 2018

DAY LILIES in our YARD, 2018 ---Part III

Day Lily Bed --6/25/18
Hello Friends,     Today is  Part III of my DAY LILY posts for 2018...  I truly hope you are enjoying seeing all of these pretty flowers.   Sometimes --when we see our world crashing all around us,  the very best thing we can do is to get outside and enjoy nature.  Go out and dig in the dirt;  OR--take a walk or hike;  AND--be aware of everything around you.

When I was younger,  I never took time (or thought I had time) to enjoy the outdoors very much. I guess it is all about our choices,  isn't it?  Or maybe is has to do with where we live.   Once George and I started hiking and taking pictures,   I began to see things I had never noticed before...

Sometimes,  the little things we see end up being the most unique, most gorgeous of all. My blog friend,  Linda,  takes pictures of Dragonflies...  I for one had no idea how many varieties there are,  and how beautiful they are.   SO---my advice to all of us is to get outside and ENJOY the beauty!!!

Hope you enjoy Part III of our Day Lilies!!!!! (Be sure and check out  Parts I and II if you missed either of them.)


Staci Cox Day Lily ---7/6/18  (another one of our unique "double" day lilies)


Canadian Border  Patrol  Day Lily---6/6/18




Lady  Elizabeth  Day Lilies --7/14/18



Chicago  Apache Day Lily ---7/9/18



Orange Velvet  Day Lily -- 7/6/18



Ed Brown Day Lilies --7/6/18 (always a favorite with the frilly edges)



Dublin Elaine Day Lily ---7/9/18  (another pretty 'double')



Bicolor  Day Lily --7/14/18  (always one of the last Day Lilies to bloom) 



Pretty Woman  Day Lily-- 7/9/18



Star Struck Day Lily---7/9/18



More  Chicago Apache  Day Lilies ---7/7/18   (I showed you a single above --but just had to add this group one for you.)



Condilla  Day Lilies ---7/10/18  (a very large day Lily --and another 'double')






Lady Lucille Day Lilies  --7/6/18   (gorgeous blooms this year)



Here's  TWO for you:  Little Heavenly Angels  (pink ones)  and Bahama Butterscotch Day Lilies --6/18/18




A favorite every year:  Buttered Popcorn  Day Lilies ---6/16/18;    This daylily loves to bloom --and since it's TALL,  it tours over over entire bed....  We LOVE it.




Fuchsia Dream  Day Lily ---7/7/18  (a favorite of mine)
 Well---if you are still here  (and not bored to death from so many Day Lilies),  I'll  go ahead and ask you if you have a favorite or even more in this batch.....  I love reading your thoughts ---and I find that most of us choose things because of the color.  I know that I do!!!!  With Day Lilies though,  it is also about their uniqueness!!!

Hope you enjoyed these little beauties...  On another note,   if you have noticed that George and I haven't been around much lately (either in the blogging world or on Facebook) ---we have been on a 12 day trip to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons --plus other areas!!!!!     You know I will have many many pictures to share with you soon...

Hugs,

23 comments:

Ann said...

You have too many lovely lilies to choose just one as a favorite. You are right about getting outside and enjoying all that's around us. If you slow down and look you can be amazed at what you see. I noticed that once I got interested in taking pictures I started seeing things a whole new way

Sandi said...

Beautiful, Betsy!

Chatty Crone said...

How does your friend 'catch' photos of dragonflies?

I am going to pick the Chicago Apache Day Lily as I am a Chicago gal by birth!

Love,sandie

Arkansas Patti said...

George has definitely opened up your world with the great outdoors. I am so amazed at the variety and intricacies of you day lilies. I was use to the regular "ditch lily" like I have and see around here.
Have a great trip and can't wait to see the pictures.

David said...

Betsy, Of course your flower photos are lovely...but I'm really looking forward to the photos from your big trip! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Ginny Hartzler said...

Condilla for me, it is GORGEOUS!!!! And I love your beautiful rose header. What is your situation with the storm?

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I am not bored by all the beautiful flowers M Chicago is my favorite. I wish we all could notice the beauty of this world much younger but seems we don’t?? Enjoy Yellowstone

Dee said...

I loved them all but Ed Brown, Chicago Apache, and the doubles really were extra beautiful to me. I will be looking forward to seeing your pictures of Yellowstone and the Tetons. We toured them in 1999 and again in 2016. We absolutely love Yellowstone and I don't think we would ever tire of meandering around that area.

Betsy said...

I just can’t choose Betsy. You have so many gorgeous flowers. Thank you for sharing them all with us. It is crazy out there these days isn’t it? I hope if you have friends in the path of the hurricane that they have all stayed safe. Blessings, Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful beyond description.If I had to choose,I would lean toward any dallies in the pink/red family, but really I love them all.Waiting to see all those pictures from this recent adventure.

Linda said...

Lovely blooms! I look forward to your vacation pictures.

Big Dude said...

You collection is incredible

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, yes, with me it's color, so Lady Elizabeth is my favorite among the lovely day lilies you shared with us on this posting.

I was in Yellowstone for a day in early August. You and George are probably doing a lot of walking and picture snapping. Have you seen the paint pots? Amazing. Peace.

cyclopseven said...

Mother Nature always in perpetual smile, but the chaotic mind hardly notice that. As you put it clearly, it is all about our choices. Spectacular pictures. ❤️❤️❤️

Susie Swanson said...

So gorgeous and I could never pick a favorite. I love all Day Lilies and have some myself but nothing like yours. I figured you all were away and hope you enjoyed your trip. Blessings and Love.

Barb said...

I always enjoy my visits to Betsy and George's botanical gardens! Who can pick a favorite in all this gorgeousness!

Kay said...

Without a doubt, Betsy... you have the absolute BEST most gorgeous day lilies in the entire blogging world.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Betsy! You do have gorgeous lilies. It would be hard to pick a favorite, they are all beauties. Your trip sounds wonderful! I will look forward to seeing the photos. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a happy day!

diane b said...

The Chicago Apache is my favourite. I'm still blown away with the number of different varieties you have, I'm sure you will have some super shots from Yellow Stone and the Tetons.

Marcia said...

Betsy, your comment section is one of the few that lets me comment signed in to my google account. Most blogs don't have this set up and I'm not able to comment for some very strange reason.

Your dallies are lovely every year.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
Your day lilies are so beautiful, such wonderful colours.
That Fuchsia Dream has got such a marvellous colour.

I hope you and George are having a fantastic trip, it sounds brilliant.

Take care and safe travels.

All the best Jan

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

Hi, Betsy. I had missed this post, so I'm glad you steered me back to it. Thanks for the dragonfly shout-out. I had no idea there were so many different kinds of day lilies! In this bunch, I'm particularly taken by the Chicago Apache and the Fuschia one. I wonder if the Dublin Elaine was so named because it's a "double." :)

Connie said...

Oh my, your flowers are so gorgeous, Betsy! So many different colors and types. Your advice to get out and enjoy nature is good. That is what I do too when I need to brighten my day. Hope you have a nice weekend!