Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, July 16, 2018

Beauty, Joy, Sadness, and our Busy, Blessed Life

LILIES in our Yard  (2018)
Dear Friends,   I truly apologize if I don't get to your posts this week...  We just got home from a trip (on Friday, 7/12),  and are leaving again for another trip!!!!! Life is full of all kinds of emotions these days..    Our yard has been so pretty this summer  (until the deer and Japanese beetles visit)..  BUT--I'll share some of our Summer photos so far around the yard

We took a short trip to  the Mammoth Cave National Park to see our good friends,  Neal and Patti.  Most people go to Mammoth Cave to hike down into the caves..  We have done that and love doing it.  BUT--there's a lot more to see in the National Park there.

The four of us enjoyed driving on all of the unpaved back roads in the woods in that area.   GORGEOUS!!!!!!  We stopped and checked out many little churches and lots of old cemeteries..   Most of the little churches were built in the 1800's...   SO interesting to think about the history of that area.  It reminded me of both Cataloochee and  Cades Cove  (but more rustic).   We had such a wonderful couple of days!!!!

The SADNESS I mentioned in my title is because George lost his brother  (2 years younger) on July 9.   Ken had been suffering from Leukemia for about 2 years.  He fought the good fight --but the cancer finally won the war.   George and Ken talked on the phone every Sunday night at 7:00 (ON THE DOT)...   George already misses him so much --but knows that he is out-of-pain and is with God.

We got home from our Mammoth Cave trip on Friday,  washed clothes,  re-packed and left Saturday for the visitation (on Sunday) and the funeral (on Monday).    Talk about a BUSY life ---but as I said, a blessed one.  Prayers please for Ken's family --and prayers for family members who are driving to Indiana.

Hope you enjoy seeing my photos and collages today...  IF you want to know what a specific flower is,  please ask.   I wanted to put the names in --but ran out of time.... 


YARD  (Summer 2018) 



DAY LILIES  (Summer,  2018)



ROSES--   Summer, 2018



Our wonderful FRIENDS,   Patti and Neal  (July 12, 2018)



KENNETH RAY ADAMS
July 6, 1944----  July 9, 2018



ADAMS' SIBLINGS:   George,  Janet,  Ken  (2009)



Ken and his beautiful wife,  Bonnie,  at our wedding --in 2001

I hope that all of you will have a great week.   I will respond to your posts once we get home and life settles down a little.

Much Love to ALL,

29 comments:

Twilight Man said...

Your flowers are all very pretty blooms just like your beautiful life. Hope you will continue to be busy with travels and happy activities.

My prayers are with Ken and family. RIP Ken.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Betsy! So sorry for the loss of George's brother. I am sure he will be missed. Prayers for you, George and the family. Your yard and flowers are beautiful. Safe travels. Enjoy your day and new week!

Ann Thompson said...

So very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers in this difficult time.
Your photos are beautiful

Big Dude said...

You guys sure stay busy and I don't know how you keep your place looking so good. Sorry to hear of George's loss.

Connie said...

Sounds like you had a fun time at the Mammoth Caves area. Your flowers are gorgeous, Betsy! So beautiful.

Condolences for your loss. Prayers with you and George and with Ken's family.

Jim and Sandie said...

So sorry to hear about George's brother. My hubby lost his sister many many years ago to leukemia. Praying you can find peace in the knowledge that he is no longer suffering. Just so hard on those of us left behind.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Beautiful flowers as always. It sounds like you've been having some wonderful trips.

I'm sorry to hear about George's brother, and you & George and family are in my prayers.

FlowerLady

Lady Fi said...

So sorry to hear about George's brother. Hugs.

And gorgeous flower shots.

Fun60 said...

That is sad news indeed. It is heartbreaking to lose someone so close to your heart. Your lilies and rose are a magnificent show as usual. I am amazed at the number of different varieties you have in your yard.

Betsy said...

It sounds as though you had another wonderful trip. I think visiting the churches would be lovely. I love the history of old churches and cemeteries.
I’m SO sorry for the passing of Ken. I know how hard that must be for George and the rest of the family. This has been a tough July hasn’t it my friend? Much love and many prayers for all of you.
Blessings,
Etsy

Ginny Hartzler said...

I posted my condolences to George earlier, but please tell him again how sorry I am. George and Ken do look alike! I imagine that Sunday evenings will be very sad for George for a long time. Your garden looks like a botanical garden! I am still interested in the tiger/ Stargazer thing! How about on a future post you can post them both together so I can compare the differences? So far, I can see no difference, but I bet I would if they were together.

Arkansas Patti said...

Losing a sibling is so brutal. I am glad though that he and George stayed in such constant touch. There were probably no words left unsaid which is a blessing. Prayers and hugs to those hurting.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so sorry for your loss - but knowing your family I bet he is with Jesus as we speak! sandie

Silver in AZ said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Great photos, and enjoy the next little trip, too!

Linda said...

I sorry to hear about George's brother. Your collages are lovely.

linda m said...

Your flowers and your yard are so pretty. Hope you had a safe trip to Indiana. Give George a big hug from me.

Jeevan said...

You made gorgeous collage from the collection of flowers and yard photos. Sorry for the loss of George’s brother and sad to know he passed on the same month he has born… on other hand glad to hear you had good times with friends at national park.

Cheers

diane b said...

Sorry for your loss but your garden must cheer you up. It is a riot of colour.

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

I always marvel at the beauty you and George create in your yard. Your photos and collages are beautiful. I'm so very sorry about the loss of George's brother. Travel safely.

George said...

Thanks for the beautiful post.

Sally Wessely said...

I’m so sorry to hear about George’s brother’s passing. You have been touched by loss again. Thank you for the beauty you share with us. Your attitude, grace, positive nature exceeds the beauty that is shown in your photography of flowers and the world around you. Thank you, Betsy for being my blogging friend. XO

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your collages are stunning.My sympathies on the passing of Ken.

Linda P said...

Beautiful collages of your collection of roses and lilies in your garden that you and George keep looking so immaculate. I'm sure you enjoyed your trip with your friends. I'm sorry for George's loss of his brother. Ken will be missed by his family and by George. My prayers for Ken's family trusting Ken is at peace with God. Also praying for safe journies as you travel here and there in the coming weeks.

BeachGypsy said...

So sorry about the sad loss of George's brother. My condolences. Ive never been Mammoth, but I've heard it's really neat! I just love all your flower pictures, so so pretty! Hope your week is going well.

BeachGypsy said...

OH!! P.S. Love that wedding picture! so beautiful!

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, thank you for sharing your garden with us and for the photos of individual flowers. All so lovely. Your home and yard must capture much attention as walkers pass by or people in cars. i'm sorry to learn that George's brother died. I will keep his whole family in my prayers. Peace.

David said...

Betsy, Our sympathies to you and George. Tough losing family...and that's a tough way to go too. Never been to Mammoth Cave National Park and if I went, it would be above ground. We've done other caves here in the USA as well as in Australia and New Zealand...and enough is enough.

Hope the storms weren't too bad up your way last night...

Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Lowcarb team member said...

My dear Betsy.
I so enjoyed seeing all of your photographs, the blooms are just wonderful -so colourful.
I am so sorry for the loss of George's brother, and yes, I'm sure he will be missed. Saying prayers for you, George and all the family.
Also wishing you safe travels, take care.

All the best Jan

Sandi said...

My condolences, Betsy, on the loss of your brother-in-law.