Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Our Yard in July, 2013

If you are on Facebook,  then you have seen some of these photos.  Our yard RIGHT NOW is just awesome.  We have ROSES, LILIES and DAYLILIES all blooming... Everything is ablaze with color... It's just so exciting!   George and I go outside every morning and every evening and take pictures... SO--I just HAVE to share some of them with you today.

The picture above shows most of the front yard ---so you can see much of the colors.  Be sure to click on the pictures to see enlargements.




The one thing we really struggle getting to bloom here is our one and only CLEMATIS.  That bush used to bloom like crazy --but the last 2-3 yrs,  we can't get it to bloom much at all.  We finally cut back some of the Redbud tree which was causing it to be shaded... We now have 4-5 blooms --but not too much.  The plant itself looks healthy --but it just doesn't like to bloom... Grrrrrrrr!!!! 




We have lots of HOSTA in our yard --and it has done GREAT this year.  Here's a photo of two of them blooming like crazy.... Oh how I love Hosta.




We also have lots of SEMPERVIVUM in our yard... Some people call these Hens and Chicks... When the Mama Hen BLOOMS (see photo above),  that means that she will die --and the babies take over.... Then the babies become Mamas --and the process starts all over again... I do love their blooms --but hate the fact that they will soon die.  But--that's just the way it is!!!!!




This is one of our ROSE beds.   As most of you know,  we have 57 different varieties of HYBRID TEA and GRANDIFLORA ROSES  in our yard.  Right now,  we have many, many of them blooming...  They are all so pretty.




Here's a photo showing our "Road Flowerbed".   IN this bed,  you will see ROSES, LILIES and DAYLILIES...  This is a beautiful bed with lots and lots of colors....




This is our LILY  and  DAYLILY collection in the "Side Flowerbed"...    I love this bed since I can enjoy the colors from the kitchen and our Living Room area.




GOLD BAND LILY
I showed you 14 of our varieties of LILIES in  this post.  Click HERE to see that post.  Since I published that one,  we have TWO MORE lilies which have bloomed.  One of them is GOLD BAND.    Isn't this a pretty Lily?   




The other new LILY  is named SIMPLON.  There are many more of these to bloom --but this pretty white lily is gorgeous,  especially when many of them are blooming next to each other.  (I will share another photo once more of these bloom.)




SPANISH GLOW DAYLILIES
Our DAYLILIES have been fabulous this year.   I still have many more posts of these beauties --but one has been published.  IF you missed seeing this first post,  click HERE.   The group featured here are named SPANISH GLOW.  Aren't they gorgeous? 




LAVENDER DEAL DAYLILIES
Another favorite DAYLILY is named LAVENDER DEAL.  I love this color, don't you?




FOOLED ME DAYLILIES
And here is one more group of a favorite DAYLILY.  Many people liked this one when I featured it on the last Daylily Blog post.   This one is named FOOLED ME --and it has bloomed and bloomed this year.




TOUCHING LILIES
One of my favorite LILY blooms this year has been one named TOUCHING... Like Pink Perfection (featured on the last Lily post),  this group has been fantastic... I loved this picture taken from the yard--looking UP at these lilies...   I took this photo late one afternoon ---so the afternoon sun is shining on them... Pretty, huh?




Finally,  here's one final look at our front yard  (featuring the SOUTH SEAS DAYLILIES).   Hope you enjoyed seeing more of our photos taken from our yard in July.

NOW---click HERE to go to my Photo Blog.  You will see one more photo taken in our yard during this past month.  Hope you enjoy it ---and all of these.

Hugs,

56 comments:

Twilight Man said...

Your garden is so beautiful and neat with awesome flowers!! It looks like the Gardens of Eden!
I have never heard of anyone who has 57 types of Roses and 14 types of Lilies!! Amazing couple!

pembrokeshire lass said...

My you are certainly green fingered! I can't believe the variety of colour and flower! I love roses but they don't seem to like me. I've just taken some photos of a couple that seem to be doing really well and intend to blog about them but yours really put mine in the shade! They're all splendid and all honour needs to go o you! Joan

eileeninmd said...

Betsy, you must have the most beautiful yard in the neighborhood. I love all your pretty flowers. Have a great day!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Hi Betsy What a riot of fantastic colour from your beautiful display of flowers. I assume as you have so many Lilies, that you know if the pollen from off and gets onto your clothes or carpet etc and you rub it, it will not come off, however by not touching it, but placing sellotape(sticky tape) on it and lifting the pollen off, you can remove it easily. You may have to do it several times but every last piece will be removed. Margaret

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh Betsy ~ What beautiful gardens and flowers!!! Everyone must enjoy driving by or walking past your home for the visual delight of it all.

Thank you for sharing your bit of paradise.

FlowerLady

Marcia said...

Such lovely blooms. I am in awe!

One of the hens you sent me bloomed. Good to know that it will die on it's own and not from my lack of care.

Hootin Anni said...

I don't recall ever in my 6+ decades seeing a hosta blossom! In fact, up until this morning, I did not KNOW they bloomed. Shucky-darn. I learned something. All thanks to you.

linda m said...

Your yard is very lovely. I can't believe all the blooms on your Hostas. Mine are so sick looking this year. They got buds which never bloomed. I finally cut them all back. Must be the weird weather we have been having here - cold, hot, cold, hot, now cold again. At least I can look at all the beauty in your yard.

Miss Debbie said...

Oh my, what a happy looking place! Beautiful! I am sure everyone that passes by smiles when they look your way!

Liene said...

How beautiful! With all the rain we have had our garden is doing better than usual, but we still have a long way to go. Daylilies are a great idea for along the road, I think I'll look into that. Thank you for the splash of color in my morning!

The Furry Gnome said...

Your yard looks stunning! Love the variety of Flores you have. We've never had any luck with roses, and the deer eat the tops off most of the regular lilies.

MadSnapper said...

i love that shot of the blooming mama hen.. gorgeous and so are all your lilies. wow on the colors

MJ said...

Good golly!!! You have the most amazing garden ever! Even nicer than the city's garden here. HA!! WOW... I am a HUGE fan of Hosta's and if I had a yard, it would be filled with these as well... congratulations on such a beautiful slice of Heaven!! ♥♥♥

HUGS

MJ

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I love all the color. Mama's fav daylily was Lavender Deal.

I Am Woody said...

I am sure your yard is the showpiece of the neighborhood! I would certainly love to drive by the road bed every day! Beautiful!!

Nellie said...

Beautiful gardens, Betsy! They take a lot of care, I know.

Hugs,
Nellie

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

The flowers are just stunning, and the photos are beautiful. What an array of beauty you have surrounded yourself with. I'll bet people drive by your house just to look.

LV said...

So much beauty to enjoy each day. Most of my flowers have gone to glory. Too hot. Also, looks like I am losing my back yard grass, I cannot find out what is happening. Trust it does not get to the front.

Sylvia K said...

You do indeed have a gorgeous yard, Betsy! Such magnificent flowers and beautiful colors and variety! I can only imagine the joy you feel every time you step outside or look out the window!! Thanks for sharing the beauty with us!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

So pretty! I'll bet you have people who drive down your street just to see the beautiful flowers.

I tried the Knockouts in the pots, but after the first year they didn't do well at all so I replanted them in the yard and they are growing like gangbusters!

Have a great day!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Your flowers are absolutely stunning !
I bet everyone slows down when passing, just to enjoy the wonderful sight.
Several of our KnockOut roses have been hit with the new disease, carried by a mite, and the foliage looks like Witch's Broom. There is NO cure for it, the bushes have been dug up and burned, so sad, because they were the most beautiful roses all Summer long.
I love all of your lilies and roses.
~Jo

Sara S. said...

Your blooms are truly beautiful. You have an amazing view and the cutest place tucked under the trees! Thank you for sharing these wonderful pics.

Terry and Linda said...

Outstanding! You and George are the Lily and Rose Royalty!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

amanda said...

Oh, My Stars! Your yard is a flowering wonderland!
Currently blooming here are a couple of variety of day lilies.. but not near the masses of yours! Our hostas are getting close to flowering. And our jackmanii clematis is in it's glory.
I've always been told about clematis, that "they like their face in the sun and feet in the shade."
Beautiful photos. Nice work, you two!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Gold Band lily and the Spanish one, those are my two favorites! You have beauty everywhere you look! And I notice the color of your house shows off all the flowers!!!

Linda P said...

What a profusion of colour! I agree with Ginny that the green paintwork of your home is a lovely backdrop to the beautiful flowers in your yard.

Kay said...

Everything looks so pretty.

DeniseinVA said...

What a gorgeous sight your garden is Betsy. I think I would be in awe of all those beautiful blooms.

Small City Scenes said...

Your garden is lovely Betsy. I love that first picture of the front of the house. Our yard is full of flowers now too and the first thing I do in the morning is go outside and check on every thing. In my slippers and robe. I just love it. You guys have every right to be proud of your home. MB

Arkansas Patti said...

Your yard is just stunning Betsy. Kudos to your gardener. All the colors and arrangements are just brilliant.
You have such a wealth of cut flowers available. Your house must smell divine.

Chatty Crone said...

I think you yard and home is so pretty it ought to be in magazines. I can't see why you would ever want to leave and travel. lol You two are really able to do what you want now. sandie

happyone said...

Oh my goodness!! Your gardens are all beautiful. I know that must take a lot of work.

Linda G. said...

Your house and yard are beautiful. Being able to have all those flowers takes a lot of work!

Donna said...

All that hard work pays off with beautiful blooms!

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy, You have a great-looking yard! I sure like your Gold Band Lillies. Have an excellent Thursday tomorrow!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Words fail. So much beauty on one yard.Thanks for allowing me to go on a walk with you as you capture all that beauty.

Unknown said...

Stunning beauty, Betsy. What a stroll thru your yard & gardens ... I can so imagine the morning dew upon them.
Magnificent ...
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Marie said...

Such beauty right outside your door! From animals to flowers, you two have it all. :) Hubby and I just sat here and looked at these blooms over and over and then went back to your older post of Lillies. We really enjoyed it! Love how your home blends in with nature. Such a pretty green. :)
hugs,
Marie

Neal said...

Wow Betsy....you guys should charge for people to come and see your yard. :)

Rose said...

Lorelei would sure love your yard!

Wouldn't you know it rained so much we didn't go to the Day Lily gardens while she was here...hoping to this coming weekend, though.

Rose ~ from Oz said...

What a visual delight Betsy, with a glorious backdrop into the mix too!

Joy said...

It is like being in a paradise:) awesome garden and both you and hubby who do the gardening:)

diane b said...

I can see why you are so happy with your garden. It is a masterpiece. You have both done well to produce this beauty.

Catherine said...

It's hard to believe that July is slipping away from us so fast. Summer needs to last longer so our flowers will stay with us longer!
xo Catherine

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I especially love the road flowerbed! Your yard really is amazing.

Rajiv Sankarapillai said...

Beautiful flowers !

Janice K said...

Oh, Wow! I can't imagine having everything blooming like that at once. It smell really good around there.

Jeevan said...

The lilies truly fascinates in your blog... I enjoyed all the photos here esp. the side bed looks pretty charming. It’s so glad to see your house being flourished by colorful flowers. Keep enjoying the scenes around Betsy :)

Latane Barton said...

What a beautiful yard but I just don't know how you keep it looking so grand. Lots of work I know. Hugs.

Janie said...

Our clematis only produces a few blooms a year. Wish I could make it more prolific.
Love your header photo, Betsy!
Your yard looks fantastic with so many blossoms.

Connie said...

Your yard and flower beds are so awesome, Betsy! Wow, so gorgeous!

Big Dude said...

Gorgeous Betsy - how much would you charge to take over our place?

Susie Swanson said...

Absolutley breathtaking.I know you both are bound to have put so much hard work into it.. Just gorgeous. Hugs, xo

Shug said...

I'm guessing that all of these gorgeous blooms ar
e the awesome results from all the rain you all have had. And now....you all are being showered with blessings from each and every bloom.
So pretty..
shug

Grandma Bonnie said...

That first photo of your full yard is just beautiful. I love all the colors. You sure do have a green thumb!

Sally Wessely said...

Someday, I will see this in person. I must come in July, or would it be better in September?