Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, February 23, 2009

Welcome to my Corner!!!



As George told you in a recent blog, we bought new computers on Friday!!!! We've been talking about doing this for a year now---and wanted to do it before one of our computers crashed.. And as George said, we wanted to help the struggling economy!!! ha ha... We each got a 20" iMac, 2.66 GHz, and 2 GB Ram (memory). Love the 20" widescreen monitor with 1680 x 1050 resolution.

George has been a 'mac' guy for many years---so when we got married, he convinced me to try a Mac. WOW---I would NEVER go back to windows again----never, never, never. I cannot believe how much better the picture is on this computer. And to think----I thought my old mac had a good picture. WELL---this one is TONS better!!!

We obviously spent most of the weekend uploading all of our files on the new computers. All in all, it went well. Now--I just need some time to LEARN all of the new 'stuff'. We downloaded Picasa (photo program) this weekend---and I love it. We had an old photo program which won't work now on this new operating system. Picasa is MUCH better than our old program. I'm just so excited.. Can you tell????? ha ha

AND---since I switched out computers, I even took time to do some cleaning... How can things get so dusty?????? Geeschhhhhh... You'd think the maid in this house would do a better job cleaning!!!! Hmmmmmm...

SO---since my area of the room (where I spend MUCH time) is relatively clean now, I thought I'd share with you my 'corner'. Above is the new computer (taken from my desk chair). If you look closely, you can see our little TV in the background on the left--which is 'on' ALOT when we are on the computer! It's not that I can multi-task---but I have fun trying!!!! Below are other pictures! Be sure to click on the pictures to see them larger.




The picture above shows my 'corner'looking toward my desks. I have a computer desk and a desk to my right when I am sitting in my chair. I also have a small table behind me --on my left, that I pull out and use for writing (since I'm left-handed). SO---I can get boxed in --in my special 'corner.'





Next to my computer desk is a table for our printers. Above that, you can see the cute little calendar I got from blogger friend PEGGY. (Like that 'tiny' container of hand lotion in the picture???? ha ha)





And to the left of that calendar is a painting which was painted for me by a special and talented friend, Sammie. Above that painting is one of my special crosses.





This is my little desk to my right of the computer desk. This desk is special to me since it was in my family for many years. I try to organize my stuff --but that desk does get cluttered at times!!!! LOL.





This is my special 'waterfall' calendar --which my son Mark gives me each year. Above that calendar is another of my many crosses I have collected through the years.





These last two pictures were taken from George's side of the room looking back to the wall behind my desk. I have three gorgeous pictures from the Bluebonnet Festival in Chappell Hill, TX (1990, 1991, 1993). You can also see more of my cross collection.





And finally, one more picture of the wall on my side of the room. Hope you have enjoyed seeing my 'corner'... It may never be this clean again!!!! ha
Hugs,

44 comments:

Kim said...

You are going to LOVE Picassa!! It is awesome. Glad you have everything up and running!

Cedar ... said...

It sure does feel good to have a work area clean and spacious. Congrats on the new computer!

Grammy said...

Now you can come and organize me. lol. Hope you have allot of fun with your new computer.

CountryDreaming said...

Your beautiful corner is definitely good inspiration for me to do some early spring cleaning. Looks like you're going to be blogging in style.

Jane said...

Welcome to the world of Mac! I, like you, will never return to Windows! Great blog....

Jane

Kathleen McQueen Wright said...

Going to take some time to freshen up my work area this week

Thanks for the motivation Betsy!!

Peggy said...

I have been telling William for the past few weeks I need a new computer. I just haven't taken the time to go check any out. I love knowing where you are sitting when you post and read blogs. And I really really love your calendar. LOL

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Betsy..love your new computer !
I've had a 20inch wide screen for about a year now, and won't go back to a smaller screen.
Your work area is so cute, and organised with the baskets, you've inspired me to work on mine now :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

How exciting to have a new TOY!!!
Your desk looks really organized and I love how you can get yourself boxed in there...be careful though...have an escape route planned in case of emergency. ;0
So, you have dry skin too?
;0
suz

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Betsy: I would never take photos of my computer area. My wife would kill me. Yours is so neat.

Shelley said...

Picassa is a fun program to use - you will love it! I liked seeing your computer "master command center"! Nice paintings and crosses on the wall! Hugs to you! Shelley

I Am Woody said...

I wish I could switch to Mac. But I have to run a certain program for work and it is not available for Mac!!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Betsy, Like Peggy, I love seeing where you sit to create. Now I can picture you at work! I love your collection of crosses and Peggy's calendar and the waterfall calendar. Glad you are happy with the new computers. Have a very nice day.

Unknown said...

What a nice area to be tucked into. Love the Blue Bonnett photos. I would NOT dare show this room I'm in........Video games, computer, BIG tv, books, crafts, school supplies and my son's clothing......everywhere!!

Mary said...

Looks like the "maid" did a good job getting ready for the new computer....would you send her to my house? :-) Looks like a comfortable place to work. Glad the new computer is such a success!

Susie said...

It looks so nice Betsy! All the pictures, crosses and calenders add such a personal touch. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Y'all are so much neater and better organized than I am. Glad you're enjoying your new computers. I've never used a Mac. Maybe someday. I have used Picasa for a long time. It's the only program I use for my photos. Love love it!

Anonymous said...

I use and love Picasa. It was my 89 year old father who reccomended it to me. I use some of it's graphic editing software. It's gotten much improved over the last couple years. And, I love seeing bits and pieces of where people live. Show me more!

Diane said...

What a cozy little nest. Very inspirational and all your special things there. Thanks, Betsy.

Diane said...

What a cozy little nest. Very inspirational and all your special things there. Thanks, Betsy.

Karin said...

Awww this is so special! You have a really wonderful work space - everything within easy reach. I love my MacBook Air. Since I don't have too many pics I still use the iPhoto on my laptop. Still learning how some things work. My IT consultant lives in PA, lol, but the best way to learn has been trial and error.

Love your pictures and calendars and crosses! Inspirational for sure!

Cicero Sings said...

I have an iMac and love it! I convinced D to get a Mac Book Pro and now he is totally sold too.

Your corner looks cozy and it is nice to picture where you sit and blog away!!!

I like Picassa for doing those collage type pictures ... and for adding words to a photo (like birthday greetings!).

SmilingSally said...

I ❤ Macs. I've had them forever. I bought my latest this past December, and it's a 21" screen, I think. I love it. You'll enjoy yours. Stop by and see something you can do NOW that you might not have been able to do before.

Diane AZ said...

Betsy, thanks for the tour of your computer corner. Looks like a cozy, well-organized setup you have there. Interesting to learn that you're left-handed. My husband and I are both lefties. :)

Loran said...

I love my mac too! Thanks for sharing your tidy little corner with us.

Judy said...

Thanks for the tour Betsy. I enjoyed visiting your office. I love your new computer. My son won't have anything but a Mac either. Guess I will get one when this one goes out on me. His has a big screen, too, and he loves it.

Janie said...

Your computer space seems very well organized and cozy. Mine, alas, is usually a mess!
Congrats on your new computer. I've never tried a Mac, although I have friends who love them, especially for photos. I do have Picasa, and it's great.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Hay! Why doncha make a calendar next year with your own waterfall pics? Your readers would probably all buy one :) And you could pay the maid extra!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on thking the plunge, and nice to see your lil spot!

Tootie said...

Thanks for the 'around the corner' tour. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've been thinking about a Mac, too, 'cause I've heard so many people say just what you did: "Never goin' back" :)

Congrats on the new computer, and the clean corner. LOL, I bet I know which one lasts longer.

Jen said...

Looks like you have everything you need right at your fingertips. :)
I bet there is a bird feeder right outside that window too. ?

Wendy said...

I'm happy you have nice new computers. I've never tried a mac. Maybe that will be my next one.
Your house looks so cosy. Thanks for giving us a small peek into your world.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Looks good.About cleaning.Its a matter of priorities,at least for me.Computer first cleaning later,MAYBE.LOL There are more important things in life than a clean house.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new puter. You sure have a nice area to do your "work".

Tina said...

Betsy,
Isn't it great sitting down to look at that great big screen every day?? So glad you guys love your macs...
There's nothing like having your own little corner to blog from...a cup of hot liquid $ a cozy corner,$$ a new mac$$$ and birds out in your yard..priceless!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad all of you could visit my little corner of the world!!!! I do spend alot of time here it seems ---so I am thinking about what Jen said about putting one of my bird feeders in the front window so that I can watch the birds from the computer!!! What do you think about that?????

Hope all of you had a wonderful day. Remember---I NEED your email if I don't have it... I respond to comments now through email.. It's easier. Thanks!

Hugs to all,
Betsy

Jayne said...

Like you, I LOVE my iMac and would never, ever go back to a PC again! It's simply the most stable, reliable system ever. Love your little corner Betsy.... very cozy! Congratulations on the new speed and toys!

dot said...

Betsy, your little corner looks nice and neat. Our maids must be related. Mine doesn't clean dust either.

Rose said...

I meant to comment last night when I read this...glad you are having fun with your new computer...your 'work' space looks nice. Mine is just part of the dining room.

I could sure stand to work on my organizational skills. I like the looks of your little desk. And you sure have a variety of crosses!

Cassie said...

Betsy, I really like your cross collection. I've gotten a few over the years too and each one is special to me. Thx.for the tour of your corner! love ya,C.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Congratulations on the new computers! And I love seeing where you sit when you're visiting all of us! It's nice that you and your hubby each have your own spot in the same room! :)

Thank you so much for your faithful visits to my blog! I feel like I get so behind and I do love visiting! :)

Hugs,
Tammy

Connie said...

I enjoyed seeing your corner, Betsy. You are a very tidy and organized person. Congratulations on your new computer. What fun! :D

Leedra said...

Picasa is the BEST! I am sure you have already figured that one out. I once heard a profession photographer say he does everything he can in Picasa, and if he HAS to he then will go to PhotoShop.

Love your computer room. Although you didn't show us this time, I remember from a previous post that George and you sit across from each other facing each other. I think that is great.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Leedra’s Greeting Cards
Photography By Leedra