Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Snowy and Bitterly Cold Golf Course Walk 2-9-16

We walked on the cart path --and for some reason there were NO GOLFERS out on the course (HA HA)!!!!
We got a little more snow at our home in Tennessee this week (only about 2-3 inches total I think)---but George and I bundled up on Tuesday,  Feb. 9,  put on our boots and walked the Back Nine of our Golf Course.. For those who follow me regularly,  you know that we have walked this course MANY times since we started walking regularly in May of 2015.  BUT--this was the first time to walk when there was snow on the ground.

As you can imagine,  we stopped often and took a lot of pictures along the way... Today I will share with you some of this 80 minute walk (which usually takes us about 50 minutes on a normal day)... As you probably know (how could you not know? ha)----I LOVE snow.. SO---this was a fun walk for me, even though the temperature outside was only about 18 degrees.... Fun fun!!!!!!

Grab a cup of something hot and enjoy the pictures in the WARMTH of your home!!!!!


I always enjoy seeing the shrubs filled with snow.



George (with a RED NOSE) was saying:  "Why am I not at home sitting by the fire drinking a cup of hot tea?"



The Pond on Fairway 14 of our golf course (Druid Hills);  This is ALWAYS a favorite area to photograph in every season.  I enjoyed seeing it in Winter!



More snow-covered shrubs along our path



Even the boy who doesn't like snow will do whatever needed to get the perfect photo!!!



Continuing along our way, we crossed the bridge at Snead Canyon.



The creek at Snead Canyon;  Don't you know how COLD that water must have been??



George took this picture of a happy 'snow-lover' on a COLD COLD winter day!



A close-up of the snow, water and icicles ----which is another reason that photographers LOVE Winter!!!!!



The Pond on Fairway 17 of our walk;  The frogs love this pond in Summer!



As I said,  I LOVE seeing the snow covered shrubs/bushes/pine trees....



As we headed across the golf course for home,  I snapped a picture of the back of a nice warm house,  just waiting for us... Wonder if that next cup of hot coffee is waiting inside,  along with a cozy fire in the fireplace??????  YEAH.... We are HOME!



Poor little Daffodils in our yard!!!!!!  As we walked around the house headed toward the front,  I saw these Daffodils (some of them with BUDS)....  Hmmmmm--just a little early, don't you think????



One more picture I put on Facebook;  George took this picture of a very very happy lady (also with a red nose)--who still loves SNOW regardless of the bitterly strong winds and cold temperatures!!!!
Hope you enjoyed seeing our pictures...

Hugs,

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun and snowy shots! And wow - your header is stunning!

diane b said...

You are crazy people but fun to be with. I bet your fingers were cold when you were taking photos.

Devilish Angel said...

Snow covered bushes are lovely...

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I would not be happy out in weather like that. It is lovely though, sitting here enjoying your photos in my warm little cottage, in s.e. FL. :-)

Happy Valentine's week ~ FlowerLady

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Betsy! Pretty snowy scenes and photos. I hope you are keeping warm and safe there. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Jeevan said...

Awesome photos Betsy and the snow on shrubs are so beautiful to shoot! Love the shot, where George shooting something from the cold ground :) Hope you enjoying your favorite snow and this is really a wonderful transformation from the pretty green to pristine white golf course. COOL

Margie's Musings said...

I'm glad it's you and not me, Betsy!

linda m said...

Those are some awesome pictures of the Golf Course. They sure are pretty. I can just imagine how cold you were on that walk as it has been bitterly cold here the last couple of days. So glad you got your snow. Now I'll go have my hot cup of coffee.

Chatty Crone said...

I could 'see' the cold in George's face there. It has been cold here too - I wish we could get one snow like that - we did get a few flakes. Love your photos.

Rajiv Sankarapillai said...

Cool pictures :)

The Furry Gnome said...

You're so lucky to have such a nice place to walk right at home. It's -21C here today (-5F or so). Now that's bitterly cold!

LV said...

I am with you George, stay home by the fire and have a cup of hot coffee or tea. It is lovely to look at but glad we do not get snow like that. Thankful you both are doing well and still enjoying life.

Fun60 said...

As long as you've got the right clothes then that walk looks heavenly. Pleased you are able to walk the course again.

David said...

Betsy, Great photos! Since you really like the white stuff it's a good thing that you live on the plateau where you get a bit more snow. We have the opposite feeling about snow and cold and there is no way we're outdoors in weather like that in the winter! We moved down here from Chicago to minimize the cold and white stuff... Hopefully you'll have all the snow that you'd like to see this winter. Hope all is well! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave and Laurie

Sylvia K said...

Great snowy pics, Betsy!! It does look SO cold!! We're still just GRAY, GTUMPY and WET here in Oregon, but the temps are actually quite mild!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Stay warm!!

happyone said...

Glad you got your snow. : )
Its been snowing for days here.

George said...

You got some beautiful pictures on our snowy walk -- with the exception of a couple of photos of some old man. I'm glad you enjoyed the snow as much as I enjoyed the tea when we got home!

Sylvia K said...

Great snowy pics, Betsy!! It does look SO cold!! We're still just GRAY, GTUMPY and WET here in Oregon, but the temps are actually quite mild!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Stay warm!!

Arkansas Patti said...

I am so envious. What a beautiful snow and I love snow as much as you. Just haven't had more than a dusting or two this year here. I love how the trails had no footprints on them. You had it all to yourselves. Wow.

Rose said...

Oh, Betsy, beautiful in white. I always loved to get out and tramp around in the snow. It's a whole new world when it is covered in a blanket of white.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

You all are brave for getting out. It has been very cold here too. For the first time this year I have had to put on a third later for my runs because two layers wasn't keeping me warm enough.

Linda P said...

I would rather go out walking in the snow than the rain and wind so long as there's no ice. You put on warm anoraks and enjoy the exercise as hardy folk do here in Yorkshire. The problem for us is the hills. Great photos and I enjoyed them especially the one where you are higher up looking down on the pond.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The snow does create much beauty.The good thing about snow in your area is that it doesn't last very long.When we get snow here,it starts in November and will not leave us until March.I'm not complaining though,because I too like snow and winter.

Ann said...

The golf course looks very pretty in snow. We've got very cold temperatures here right now. I won't be going out for any walk though. You're much braver than I :)

Betsy said...

Gosh Betsy, I think you're getting more snow and cold down south than we are up north! It's supposed to be in the 50's all week here. Love the pictures of you and George playing in the snow. You are such a blessing to me.
Blessings,
Betsy

Connie said...

Beautiful snowy pictures, Betsy. You two sure look cold. It is very cold here now and is supposed to get even colder the next couple days. I'll be staying inside and NOT going for a walk. Ha! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy, It has been especially chilly here but getting a warm-up in coming days to the upper 60s and we may eek out a 70. Glad you enjoy the snow. The pictures of the 'Glade are beautiful. Have a super nice weekend!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I think you have gotten more snow this winter...so far...than us! That is strange. But it's okay with me! I'm so not a winter person. lol! Loved seeing your winter scenes. Great pictures! And I love that smiling face in the last photo.
Happy Valentine's Day to you and George!

Gail said...

Entirely too cold for me.

I feel the joy in this post and the scenery in amazing.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You took so many wonderful snow photos! I also love snow, Betsy. I find it invigorating to walk in colder weather and I can usually walk further than I can in hot weather.

We are having a warm snap this week, while the east is getting an Arctic blast! Strange weather!

Jarka Panci said...

Betsy, amazing photos ... even the frogs you have for you it is beautiful ...
I wish you the same beautiful days!
Jarka

Wendy said...

Brrrr - cold everywhere it seems! I too love seeing snow-covered evergreens, looks like icing on a bush or green cake. LOL.

Nice pics and I'm impressed that you'd walk outdoors for so long on a cold winter's day. But then I KNOW you like snow. LOL. And snow looks great on you and George (at least in the pics)!

Warm Hugs, Betsy.
O - BTW - your header is breath taking!!!

Big Dude said...

You guys are dedicated walkers - I think I would have opted for Georges by-the-fire plan

Marie said...

glad you got your snow! it's so pretty on the pine trees. I know you two enjoyed your warm cozy house and hot coffee after that walk in the snow. :)
Happy Valentine's Day!
hugs,
Marie

Pat Tillett said...

Gorgeous winter scenes and beautiful photos of them. Cold also...

Kay said...

I miss those gorgeous winter days. I loved the beauty of the snow. I didn't love the cold though.