Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Friday, November 20, 2009

What did you mean??????


My friend, Reida, sent me these 'cuties' through an email... I'm sure you have read some or all of them before, but they still can bring a smile to your face---or maybe a confused look!!!! I have added some photos from the internet. ENJOY!!!

Man Kills Self Before Shooting Wife and Daughter 

(Well, let's see. How can that be????)
_____________________________________

Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says 

(Really? Ya think?)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers 

(Now that's taking things a bit far, don't you think?! )

-----------------------------------------------------------


Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over 

(What a guy!)


--------------------------------------------------------------- 


Miners Refuse to Work after Death 

(Well---Those 'good-for-nothing' lazy so-and-so's! )

------------------------------------------------------


Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant 

(See if that works any better than a fair trial!)
---------------------------------------------------------- 


War Dims Hope for Peace 

(I can see where it might have that effect! )

---------------------------------------------------------------- 


If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile 

(Ya think?! )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures 

(Who would have thought! )


----------------------------------------------------------------


Enfield ( London ) Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide 

(They may be on to something! )

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 


Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges 

(You mean there's something stronger than duct tape? Tee Hee) 

---------------------------------------------------------- 


Man Struck By Lightning: Faces Battery Charge 

(He probably IS the battery charge! )


---------------------------------------------- 


New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group 

(Weren't they fat enough?! )

-----------------------------------------------


Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft 

(That's what he gets for eating those beans!) 


------------------------------------------------- 


Kids Make Nutritious Snacks 

(Do they taste like chicken?)

________________________________________


Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half 

(Chainsaw Massacre all over again!)
________________________________________


Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors 

(Boy, are they tall!)

_________________________________________

And the winner is....
Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead 

(Did I read that right? )



___________________________________
These are really funny, but sorta sad ---if you think about it. People are 'hired' to proof-read this kind of stuff BEFORE it gets printed.... Wonder if these 'proof-readers' took their morning pills from the Duh Can?????? Heaven help us!!!!!


Have a wonderful day---and be careful what you put in writing!!!!! Har Har Har

Hugs,

51 comments:

Sunny said...

I love to start the day with a laugh! Thanks Betsy.
Sunny :)

T said...

Great way to wake up!

Thank you for the laugh.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, the beloved human language can be so darn funny.
I don't know if I feel sorry for the Panda, or the Veternarian???

Shelley said...

These were fun to read Betsy! Gave me my 1st laugh this morning! Now I can get back to studying....darn!
Hugs,
Shelley

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

Thanks for the humor, Betsy....It's great for starting off another beautiful day ....how's your weather?

Arkansas Patti said...

Enjoyed the chuckle Betsy. The panda picture took a while to load and I was wondering what picture you had found for that.
Much tamer than where my imagination was going.
Thanks.

Susie said...

Thanks for getting my day started with a smile. I think I got up on the cranky side today so these helped a lot.

Happy weekend to you and George!

Peggy said...

I just love reading these things and yours had me laughing and sharing them with family. Have a very blessed day and weekend.

Connie said...

I'm happy to start my morning off with a chuckle anytime.

Connie said...

Funny stuff, Betsy! Have a great weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

You really know how to get us smiling!! :-)

Becca's Dirt said...

A laugh to start the day. I love all of them. Thanks for sharing a laugh.

Karin said...

I'd never seen these particular ones before! Your comments underneath were great! I do the same kind of comments with TV commercials! Thanks for a hearty laugh today! You are so right about wondering where the proofreaders are!

Small City Scenes said...

Oh Betsy, too-oo funny. Thanks!!! MB

Dorothy said...

Thanks for the Funnies, Betsy! That's a good way to start the day!

Cedar ... said...

Thanks for the giggles, Betsy!

Joe Todd said...

Betsy you are one busy gal.I had a really good comment but I forgot what it was DUH... Have a great day

penny said...

I hadn't seen them before, Thanks for the chuckle, Betsy.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Thank your for the smile to start my morning;) I always enjoy Jay Leno when he reads absurd advertisements from newspapers.
Marnie

Vicki ~ FL said...

Thanks for the great laugh .... you're right about these 'quotes' being a bit sad though. I'd be embarassed if I was the proof-reader.

NCmountainwoman said...

We recently saw a local TV "news" broadcast and they announced the next feature, "And now, live from the cemetery..."

imac said...

Haha, just like my Naked Crisps - without salt.:)

Diane said...

These are funny, Betsy. Thanks for the Friday morning chuckles.

Carol Murdock said...

AWESOME BETSY !!! xoxo

EG CameraGirl said...

Bwahahaha! These are great.

Rose said...

Maybe it would be better if we thought of them as trying to give us a laugh??? I bet they got a lot of chuckles...sure did from me.

Anonymous said...

That has me ROLLIN! My eyes are watering cuz I'm laughin so hard.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Betsy I had a good chuckle reading these headlines!

My writings could often use an editor as I'm perfectly imperfect. :-)

MadSnapper said...

these are hilarious. thanks for the laughter. I chose recycling for mine today. let me know what you think

Jen said...

I'm grinning and giggling.

Betty said...

V ery Funny Betsy. I can tell you what happend.My grandmother and grandfather worked as proofreaders for the San Diego Union.When they retired proof reading became a forgoten art they were the last of there kind.(LOL) (True)
~~Hugs~~

Kay said...

Thank you for sharing these. They were hysterical!

Salitype said...

ha!ha1ha!...you had me in stitches!!!i am still smiling- the laughter has died down a few minutes after i read the winner - while typing my comment...ha!ha!ha!

thanks for sharing these, betsy!you just made my friday evening even better!

have a wonderful weekend, you and george!

eng

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Gave me a belly laugh....
I think the people who proof read have maybe left the building ?
Thay are funny, mistakes or not.
:0

Cheryl said...

Oh my. These gave me a big laugh! I love things like this. Your comments were funny as well.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Even after a very busy day,these made me laugh.You have to wonder about the wisdom behind some of these statements,and how they made it into print.Lol
Blessings,Ruth

Kathy W said...

Some of those I had to read a couple times to get what they were trying to say. I have to say though that first one has to be the winner.

Meems said...

Those are pretty funny. Those misplaced modifiers can change the meaning in a hurry.
Meems

pam said...

Those were great!

Lola said...

Very funny.

Thistlebrooms said...

MY Laugh For The Evening...
Funny Betsy, absolutely Loved them...
Glad you posted these to make me SMILE...

My Best~Marilyn

SquirrelQueen said...

Those are just too funny Betsy. It is amazing how one word out of place can change the entire meaning of a sentence. I agree on the winner, how on earth did that one get past the proof reader.

Unknown said...

Funny stuff: I like the "Cold wave linked to temperatures" best.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Too Funny...m.

diane b said...

Thanks for the laugh. I really needed one today (see my email).
I often wonder when I see these type of bloopers in the news. Aren't journalists supposed to go to university to study written English?

diane b said...

Hey! I just noticed your side bar. I am the same Chinese animal as you.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Betsy: You don't even have to try to make these errors.

Janie said...

These are hilarious. Loved your comments, too.

Jo said...

I had a lovely laugh at this post, Besty. I needed it and you provided it. Bless you. (((Hugs))) Jo

Nina said...

I'm still laughing! Thanks for the smiles and giggles. Love and Light, Nina P

Unknown said...

I received this in an e-mail from a cousin and went to the web to find pictures to put with it - I'm making a ppt of it for my newspaper class. We are creating the first newspapers for the university were I teach, in Beijing, China.

Thanks to your site - I'm using the pictures already appropriately attached to some of the headlines!!

Thanks, again!!

Effe Simpson