Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, October 8, 2012

Jeff and Dawn's Wedding

"Me thinks there is going to be a wedding here."
Mr. and Mrs. Jeffrey B. Wilhite (my youngest son) got married on October 6, 2012 at the Central Church of Christ,  Dalton, GA.  The wedding was fabulous from beginning to end --and this Mama just smiled all weekend!!!!!  I am so happy for these young adults --and am so blessed to have Dawn as a member of our family..

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy.  Be sure to click on them to see enlargements.




Rehearsal Dinner
First came the rehearsal dinner (for about 35) in the Fellowship Hall of the church.  Dawn and Jeff's colors were blue/navy and yellow.  Dawn's favorite flower is the Sunflower --so you will see many of them throughout these photos.

The groom's family (George and I, Mel--Jeff's father, and wife Sally) were in charge of the dinner.  Sally furnished the gorgeous table decorations;  Mel prepared some home-made lasagna,  some bread, drink and salad;  George and I furnished fruit trays, veggie trays,  and cupcakes for dessert.  We all --including son, Mark, from Texas set-up for the wedding and then cleaned it all up...  Everyone seemed to have a good time ---including all of Jeff's family.  The bride and groom look so happy,  don't they?




The Wedding Book
Jeff and Dawn had a great wedding book --which they will continue to add to as the years go by... All of the guests were asked to sign the book (anywhere they wanted to).





The Wedding Party
Here is a picture of the entire wedding party.  Jeff's son Landon (to his left) was his Dad's best man.  Mel (Jeff's Dad) is to Landon's left.   Jeff's daughter, Avery,  is on the right side of Dawn,  and my son Mark (Jeff's brother) is to Avery's right.  As you can imagine,  the tiny one (Cameron) stole the show!!!!!




Dawn and the 'Girls'
Here are some cute pictures of Dawn and her 'girls'.. My favorite is the bottom right --where Dawn is seated with the little ones!!!!!   BUT--isn't Cameron just precious?




The PARENTS
Here is where it all BEGAN!!!!!  These are the parents.   To the left are George and I.  Top right  are Dawn's Mom and Dad,  Robert and Shirley.  And the bottom right are Jeff's Dad,  Mel, and wife, Sally.

I want to add here that the wedding service was excellent.  Jeff and Dawn used sand to combine the two families as ONE.  That was a nice change to me from the candles that we used to light to unite the families.

ALSO---Jeff and Dawn had an area in a separate room set aside for the memory of loved ones who have died.   Included here were my parents:  Edith and Simon Banks.  Doing that meant so much to me.  (Thanks, Dawn and Jeff.)




Betsy's Sons and Grandchildren
I'll add a personal collage here..  On the top left is a picture of my two youngest sons, Jeff and Mark.  Our oldest son (Bert) couldn't be here --but we all missed him very much.  To the right at the top is George and I with Jeff.  On the bottom left is a happy Mom with her son, Mark (from Texas).  AND---to the right are two of my precious grandchildren (Jeff's children):  Landon (age 17) and Avery (age 14).  Avery is my youngest grand --and she's growing up so fast and getting prettier every single day.  Landon is a amazing young man --and I am a very proud Grammy!




RECEPTION
Next came the reception,  held nearby at a place called Stages 123.   It was also decorated fabulously --thanks to many of Dawn's friends in Dalton.  There was plenty of food for the 100+ people who attended...  The pictures to the right are the bride's and groom's cakes.  There were two groom's cakes (Carrot and Red Velvet).  The bride's cake was a white cake with white icing --surrounded by --what else, but sunflowers!!!!




First Dance --and a Toast
Here was the first dance between husband and wife ---and a toast to everyone for attending and also for good luck.




It's CAKE TIME
Here are some photos of the bride and groom feeding each other cake...  I loved the wedding cake --so wanted you to see a closer view...  Gorgeous,  isn't it?




Mom and Son Dance
Here's the groom's dance with Mom.  We danced to  "Wind Beneath Your Wings" sung by Bette Midler.  I am so proud of Jeff ---and expressed that to him while we were dancing.




Garter and Bouquet Time!!!
Now it's time to throw the garter (Jeff) and the bouquet (Dawn)....  We won't tell anyone that Jeff first tried to snap the garter --and it went the WRONG direction... Tee Hee....




Bride and Groom Leaving
WELL---the party's over and the bride and groom are leaving.  We all formed two lines and waved streamers as they left....  (That is so much better than throwing rice I think.)




Mr. and Mrs. Jeffrey Bruce Wilhite
Finally,  here's one last picture of the Beautiful Bride and her Gorgeous Groom.  As I write this the day AFTER the wedding,  I hope that these two are enjoying a few days of R&R on the beach...

We did have a great time --and the wedding was PERFECT from every respect...Congrats to this wonderful couple!!!!

Hope you ALL had a great a weekend as we had!

Hugs,
Betsy
NOTE: Any family member or friend who wants any of these photos, please email me at betsyadams@mac.com.

71 comments:

Ms. A said...

You look and sound like one proud mama... and if you get any skinnier, you're going to blow away!

Congratulations and best wishes to the Bride and Groom!

Jeevan said...

Glad to see you having great time at wedding party and hope it was a memorable and cheerful moment! Thanks for sharing the pictures and the couple seems made for each other... My best wishes to them :)

Dawn’s girls are very cute and esp. the Cameron looks very pretty!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love the wedding flowers. so beautiful. you look gorgeous. that color blue is perfect for you. really made the wedding. looks like a fun time had by all. we got married in November. i love fall. perfect time to join in that perfect union. awesome. thanks, for sharing. (:

Farida said...

You look stunning in that blue gown. All the hiking has made you look so slim. Congratulations to your son and your daughter-in-law! I love their theme :)

Unknown said...

I love weddings and this one is so pretty and happy looking! Congrats to the wonderful couple! Ms. Betsy, you look gorgeous!!

Cheqna said...

Hi Betsy,

Its nice reading the proud notes of a mum on her son's wedding.

Congratulations to the bride and groom..many happy wishes to them both.

:-)

Snap said...

Betsy -- you and George look wonderful. I can sure tell that you are one happy and proud Momma! Lovely wedding. Congratulations to the great couple and to you!

Small Kucing said...

Cameron is simply adorable.

EVeryone looked wonderful. can see the joy shining thruough.

Congratulations to the happy couple

Neal said...

Very, very nice. A very nice wedding. Allison/Lance used sand in their wedding also.

From the Kitchen said...

Beautiful! Thanks for inviting us along. I enjoyed every minute (frame) of it. Best wishes to the couple.

Best,
Bonnie

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Awesome wedding for a beautiful couple. I know you are one proud momma. BTW you look fantastic!!

Debbie Jones said...

What a lovely wedding. I know you are proud and happy! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Have a great week!

Amy Burzese said...

Congratulations proud Mom. It looks like a wonderful event. Many wishes for a happy marriage.

linda m said...

you sure are one proud Mama and you have every right to be. I am so happy for Jeff and Dawn and also for you getting such a lovely daughter-in-law. God's blessings on all. Oh yay, great pictures.

Karin said...

LOVE - so special to see wedding photos! Everything looked amazing! The photos you've put together make such a lovely memory album! All the best to the lovely couple!

MadSnapper said...

beautiful wedding, they look so happy in all the pics, i like the outdoor chapel, a beautiful place for a wedding. congratulations to them and to you

I Am Woody said...

Everything was just beautiful! Glad it went off without a hitch:) They look so very happy!!

And I must say that you looked simply stunning!!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad you shared these photos with us. I love personal photos. I love weddings. Just to see the newest styles and trends. What a wonderful couple - I hope they will be happy for many many years. The bride was pretty with the little girls. Everyone seemed happy. And Dalton is only about 45 minutes from me!

MTWaggin said...

What a wonderful event and can I just say YOU looked stunning as well! Love that blue dress.

Annie Jeffries said...

The most joyful of family celebration. Many blessings and good wishes to the happy couple.

GreatGranny said...

Congratulations to the happy couple. And Cameron did steal the show, I bet. She's so cute.

God bless the happy couple.

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

I feel as if I were there, after reading this post. You captured some beautiful photos of this memorable event. Dawn is a lovely bride, and her groom looks very pleased with himself. :)

Out on the prairie said...

what a fun time. I am going to one this next weekend for my pastors son. Haven't been to one for ages.Congratualtions to all!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos and I wish the lovely couple so much JOY!

Susannah said...

Gorgeous photos! Congratulations to the bride and groom! Betsey, you and your hubby look fanatasstic. I love you in your pretty blue dresss!

TexWisGirl said...

i love that last photo of the two of them. long may their joy live in their hearts.

Sylvia K said...

Wonderful wedding and pictures! Great memories for all of you!! Thanks for sharing, Betsy! My very best wishes to them!!

RoeH said...

She is a cutie! And they both look like they are over dosing on happiness. So glad it's as wonderful as it looks. Wonderful wedding decorations.

Sharon said...

Betsy, You look absolutely gorgeous - what a beautiful and perfect dress for the occasion. This looked like a perfect example of what a wedding should be. I wish them all the best.

Terry and Linda said...

OH! HAPPY! HAPPY! DAY! Congratulations and WOW! Look at you now!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

A Brit in Tennessee said...

How gorgeous, the bride and groom look so happy !
I love all of the Sunflowers, and Betsy, you are a beautiful moma, whose love shines through.
Congratulations to the happy couple.
~Jo

Anonymous said...

What lovely shots - they shine with joy!

imac said...

Congrats to the happy couple and all.

Throw the garter?

We put the Garter on the brides leg,lol.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a beautiful wedding! Love seeing the pics!

joy said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing all these. I just can feel how happy you were and the couple. Congratulation again!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations to Jeff and Dawn and to you and George, Betsy! You looked so pretty in your bright blue dress. The wedding looked fabulous! I loved seeing the little girls in all their pretty dresses!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love seeing wedding photos...really a happy looking family

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a wonderful family celebration!!! I love all the happy smile and colorful flowers too. What a wonderful weekend you got to spend with your peeps...so happy for all of you. May they have a lifetime of love and joy.
Betsy....you are one gorgeous mother of the groom....MEOW!!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

What a beautiful wedding!! Congratulations to the happy couple!!

Betty Manousos said...

aw, congratulations and best wishes to the happy couple!

lovely photos what a fantastic wedding!
love, love, love seeing these pictures.
big hugs!

Rose said...

What a beautiful wedding it must have been! I am glad everything went well...everyone looks sooo happy.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh Betsy, how wonderful!!! Such a lovely wedding and you have a wonderful family. Congratulations to the Bride and Groom!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Looks like a wedding done well. Congratulations to the couple!

Ann said...

It looks like it was a lovely wedding and may I say that the mother of the groom looked stunning. I love the idea of the book that they had.

Ann said...

It looks like it was a lovely wedding and may I say that the mother of the groom looked stunning. I love the idea of the book that they had.

Miss Debbie said...

Looks like a beautiful time with family and friends! I hope they will be very happy. Your dress is lovely and that flower arrangement at the reception...WOW!! Gorgeous!

Donna said...

Beautiful! Best wishes to the happy couple!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Those are some beautiful photos. I love weddings. I am always in tears. Dawn sure does look lovely and happy!

KathyA said...

Just beautiful -- including the mother of the groom!

Such a blessing to welcome sweet people to the family -- Congratulations to you all!!

carolina nana said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding to begin a beautiful life together !!
Blessings to them in the future
Marilyn

Susie Swanson said...

Oh what a beautiful wedding and a beautiful couple.. I know you are so proud of them and you look stunning.. Congrats to the both of them May God Bless them both..

Connie said...

What a lovely wedding, Betsy! Congratulations and best wishes to the happy couple. You look so beautiful in these pictures too, Betsy. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy, My congratulations for your son and family! Wonderful wedding photographs and beautiful bride and wedding party. Your son looks very happy. Have a great Tuesday tomorrow!

Janice K said...

So, so beautiful, and everyone looked so happy. Your dress was gorgeous. And the flowers...Wow!

I must add...they choose a great day. It has served Jack and I well for the past 50 years.

I am happy for all of your family.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

What a beautiful wedding! Smiles all around. Congrats to all!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful wedding. I love the choice of colours,so fitting for a fall wedding.You do look so proud of your son,as you should be.

Carletta said...

Congrats to the lovely couple!
You did a great job documenting the wedding Betsy!
You look wonderful too!

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Betsy you did a fabulous job of putting this beautiful wedding tribute together for us all to enjoy. And enjoy I did.
Congratulations Jeff and Dawn, what a wonderful blended family you have.

I don't think any of us could have topped a weekend like this Betsy!

Happy Days!!

Valerie said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos Betsy. It is so fun to see celebrations like this. Looks like everyone had a grand time. Loved the colors and yes your dress was wonderful! SO happy for you and your son and his wife!

eileeninmd said...

Betsy, congrats to your son and his bride. The wedding and reception photos are wonderful. the little flower girl is adorable. I am glad you and your family had a beautiful time. Betsy, you are looking great and I love your pretty blue dress. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing.

eileeninmd said...

Betsy, congrats to your son and his bride. The wedding and reception photos are wonderful. the little flower girl is adorable. I am glad you and your family had a beautiful time. Betsy, you are looking great and I love your pretty blue dress. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing.

Janie said...

Congratulations to the bride and groom. And I must say, you and George were looking mighty good in the photos, too.

Lynda said...

Betsy - - - you look stunningly gorgeous! I pray you and George got a photo or two to frame of the two of you. Red Velvet and Carrot Cake - - - - LOVE them both!!! It does look like a wonderful weekend - - - and you were just 30 miles from me!

Lady Di Tn said...

Beautiful post from a loving Mother and it shows on your pretty face. Peace

camp and cottage living said...

Betsy
My congrats to the happy couple!
The wedding was beautiful and you looked so pretty!
It was nice to meet your children too. You have a lovely family!

happyone said...

Congratulations to Jeff and Dawn. May they continue to be as happy as the day of their wedding. : )
Everyone looks so happy with nice big smiles.

diane b said...

I'm so happy for you. The wedding looks like it was a great success and a very happy occasion for all concerned. Congrats to the happy couple and hope they have a wonderful future together. You look a million dollars.

Karen said...

Beautiful wedding and family. I can feel the joy! Congratulations.

Brenda said...

Oh, Betsy, the wedding was GORGEOUS! and it felt like I was there enjoying the festivities with you. YOU look ABSOLUTELY SMASHING!! Your photos were just perfect telling the whole story and you could see the excitement. I think there is another resemblance in us; my son's middle name is Landon. He use to be called Landon up until he was about 10 or 11 and then he wanted to go by his first name, Charles. I just love the name Landon. Always have and always will!! Anyway, LOVED THE WEDDING! I've missed visiting with you. It has been busy, busy on my end and I don't get a chance to visit very often like I want. I also checked out your other posts and your flowers are still just as beautiful as ever and I love the new paint on your home.
HUGS!
Brenda

Cicero Sings said...

What a lovely wedding Betsy ... so nice to have seen it through your eyes. You looked lovely by the way. The couple seem ever so happy. Isn't that just the grandest?!

Lynn said...

Hi Betsy,
Sorry it has taken so long. This beautiful wedding was the day we started our vacation. In fact, we drove through Dalton, the next day, on Sunday as we headed to Franklin, NC. Such a beautiful couple, beautiful family and wonderful celebration. As a mother, I know how special it is when you know your adult children are marrying the right partner and are truly happy. Congratulations to Jeff and Dawn. As I told you in an email, you and George made a stunning couple. Sure he could not take his eyes off his "beautiful bride". Have a beautiful weekend coming up.