Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Not Moonlight and Roses----BUT????


I guess I could have shown some moonlight photos so that my title COULD have been "Moonlight and Roses". Instead, my post today could be titled "Waterfalls and Roses". The song ("Moonlight and Roses") was the theme of my Senior Prom.. Remember that song???? Many of you may be WAY too young for that one!!!! ha

Anyhow, today I will share with you photos of four more of our beautiful roses. AND--I'll show you some waterfall pictures also. Hope you enjoy all of them. The one above is named WILDFIRE---and it's a brilliant orangy-red-yellow color.. George took MANY pictures just to try to get the color perfect on the photo. Wish you could see this beauty in person.










WHISPER







LOVE AND PEACE









ELIZABETH TAYLOR; (Great name for this one, don't you think?)







Remember on Mother's Day when George and I were coming home from our beach trip??? We drove from Cherokee, NC over the mountain to Gatlinburg, TN on Highway 441. WELL---you may also remember that there had been lots and lots of rain that weekend... SO--what do George and Betsy see when there's alot of rain?????? WATERFALLS!!!!!!

That particular day, going over the mountain, we saw 22 different waterfalls or cascades. You've never seen two people so excited!!!! ha.... Above and below are FOUR of the 22. We have no idea what the names are ---so right now, you can just enjoy them as Smokies Waterfalls.


















Aren't these 'wet-weather' waterfalls in the Smokies just gorgeous?????? We really did see 22 different ones that day (May 10--Mother's Day) ---but not all of them are as pretty as these. It was one of the BEST Mother's Days I have ever had, as you can imagine!


Hope you are having a glorious weekend... Remember to smile when you pass someone on the street or in church. Your smile may just make THEIR day!


Hugs,

32 comments:

Dorothy said...

Good Morning Betsy! Can't believe I'm up early enough to be the first or possibly second, to post a comment! You always have so many!!! Love your pretty roses and your waterfalls! Have a blessed Sunday!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Betsy: Neat captures of the flowers and the waterfalls.

Tina said...

Yea! I'm number 3 on this one..it pays to get up early and not go birding for a day!! tee he Love your flowers..your yard must be so colorful and lovely to see!!
Do have a great Sunday and enjoy the week ahead!! ;-)

T said...

I just love Gatlinburg! When I used to live in Knoxville we would go on a whim!

Lovely roses and beautiful shots of the waterfalls!

NatureStop said...

Your blooms are beautiful and the waterfalls are simply gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Betsy, You certainly put a smile on my face with these pretty roses and waterfalls. It does my heart good to see you and George enjoy your garden and your visits and photos of waterfalls. Thanks for sharing with us.

Arkansas Patti said...

"Whisper" whispered to me. George doesn't hire out does he?
Great waterfall shots.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love all your gorgeous roses. I say this with a big smile on my face. That fact that you guys know the NAMES of your roses, just amazes me. I have ONE rose bush and could not tell you the name. :)
You like waterfalls? I never knew that. Why did you keep this hobby a secret????
:)
happy Sunday!

SmilingSally said...

My father used to grow the prettiest roses. Yours remind me of that time. Thank you.

Small City Scenes said...

Hi Betsy, I do a good roadside waterfall. When my friend and I go for a drive up in the mountains in the early spring it is a wonder we keep the car on the road shouting and yelling--WATERFALL! on my side--no over here. We have a blast.

Your roses are simply gorgeous. MB

Small City Scenes said...

PS.
When the goslings are full grown and can fly away all the geese go and then next year they will be back. I am supposing it is the same pair each year. Anyway, only one pair come back. MB

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thanks Betsy,the smiles in this post have made a very good start to my day.You keep on posting such beautiful roses.In my mind I am at your house and can almost smell the flowers and the 'coffee'.:)
Love the waterfalls as well.Have a fantastic day.
Blessings,Ruth

RA said...

Beautiful post, Betsy! I'm sure that a smile makes someone's day. Your roses and waterfalls always make my day for sure. Have a great week :). Hugs and love from Indonesia.

Diane said...

Your roses are so beautiful, where do you get them? I don't recognize the names from my catalogs. Have a beautiful day.

penny said...

Happy flower faces and delightful waterfalls... I think I have just seen heaven :D Thanks for making me smile awhile, Betsy.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Beautiful Rose pictures and the waterfalls are fantastic!
How do you ever keep up with all the different names, do you keep a database just for your rose names ?
Wonderful pictures, thanks for the eye-candy ;)

Rambling Woods said...

Your roses are beautiful but I am so drawn to the cascading water...I wonder why..it is so beautiful too..
Michelle From Rambling Woods

Neal said...

Those are beautiful waterfalls. However, I've never seen one that wasn't pretty. We like to go to the Smokies when it's not crowded. I like to go to Cades Cove and see all the old buildings and all the animals along the way.

Judy said...

Your waterfalls and roses are so beautiful. I think that would make a good song title, "Water Falls and Roses"! I like the one named Whisper but they are all so pretty.

Loran said...

I love your enthusiasm for flowers and waterfalls!

Wendy said...

Wowie-zowie!! Those are some beautiful waterfalls! Lucky you!! Your roses are superb - and I love their names too.
Hugs

SquirrelQueen said...

Beautiful rose, beautiful waterfalls, it's all beautiful.

Your blog brings back a lot of memories, I grew up in GA and we spent a lot of time in the Smokie Mtns on vacations.
SQ

Diane AZ said...

All of the rose pictures are gorgeous but I like the one of the Wildfire rose the best. And I love all of the "wet-weather" Smokies waterfalls with so much green around them. They really look refreshing. Beautiful post as usual. :)

Shelley said...

I got to see your pretty roses and travel to your waterfalls - a nice day indeed!!! :-)

Cassie said...

Hi Betsy! Gorgeous photos as usual. The roses are fab! I had 2 bushes last year, but my Veteran's Honor didn't make it through the winter...it was my favorite too.:>(

The only thing I miss about Phx (besides my hubby) is getting to spend hours on blogging and reading everyones blogs. Up here in ID I only have limited time. Phooey! Miss you! C.

Susie said...

Girl I'm with you on that smiling thing. A little smile goes a long way.

Kelly said...

22 waterfalls in one day....spectacular (and the photos are gorgeous...love the soft white of the water as it cascades down)!

SquirrelQueen said...

Hi Betsy,
I'm back, thanks for visiting my blog.
You have so many posts that I want to read and many more to come that I will be following just so I don't miss anything.
Have a very great day,
SQ

EG CameraGirl said...

Waterfalls and Roses: PERFECT!

Rosa said...

Such beauty in everything!

Janie said...

You certainly saw some great waterfalls flowing briskly after the rain. Beautiful photos of them, too.
Your roses are so gorgeous.

Leedra said...

Just skimming along, but the waterfall photos are great, and the roses are gorgeous.