Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, January 22, 2018

A Smoky Mountain Christmas---Part II

George and I at GREENBRIAR in the Smokies  on a VERY COLD day  (12/27/17)
Hello Blog Friends,    If you missed Part I of our Christmas trip a couple of weeks ago,  you can click  HERE to see it..   We took George's daughter (who has lost her husband in November) on a short trip to the Smokies ---to try to bring her a little joy during this hard time in her life....

Today--I'll share with you some more pictures from that special little trip... Hope you enjoy the pictures....


I love the COLOR --but OH MY---that water was some kind of COLD!!!   (Taken at GREENBRIAR on 12/27/17)



From the overlook on the Gatlinburg Bypass,  I love this picture of downtown GATLINBURG, showing off the big Space Needle.   (12/24/17)



We spent Christmas Day with our good friends,  Neal and Patti,  who were visiting the area from Indiana.  This picture was taken from one of the cabins at ELKMONT.   (12/25/17)



This was taken on our little walk along WEARS VALLEY Road on 12/24/17.   I call that my 'dream house'.... 



That old woman may be COLD --but she's happy to be at GREENBRIAR in the Smokies  (12/27/17).



The OGLE CABIN along the Roaring Fork Road,  not far from Gatlinburg, in the Smokies  (12/25/17)



I snapped this picture of George --taking pictures along the creek in the GREENBRIAR area of the Smokies  (12/27/17)



We hiked near the OGLE CABIN to find an old mill  (used many years ago by the Ogles) along the creek...  I love all of the moss on the rocks.  (12/25/17)



I love seeing all of the ice formations.  I took this on our day in CADES COVE  (12/26/17).  Did I say that it was COLD that week????? ha



We enjoyed walking in PATRIOTIC PARK  (in Pigeon Forge) one night --after dinner at the Ole Mill Restaurant. The patriotic lights were awesome.  (12/26/17)



I love this picture George took of his beautiful daughter, KELLY.   I hope she had a good Christmas --despite the circumstances in her life right now!


**********************************



Here is one more picture of my ADORABLE, GORGEOUS,  BEAUTIFUL  new  GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER,  Vivian Lee  (born 1/11/18)....   She has won my heart --along with everyone in the family.  (If you missed my blog post with many more pictures of this little precious-one,  click HERE.

Have a great week my Friends.  Please keep Kelly in your prayers.

Hugs,

28 comments:

Ann said...

What a lovely area and living in a cabin like the one you said was your dream home would be like heaven on earth.
Congratulations on the new addition to the family. What a sweet little girl

George said...

We did quite a bit on that trip in spite of the cold temperatures. I must admit that I didn't see any old woman in the post -- just three beautiful women.

linda m said...

Kelly is in my daily prayers. I love those cabins in the woods; especially the one next to the creek. i really need to get back to that area and hike.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Betsy, wonderful photos of your Smoky trip. Your great-grand is just adorable. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

I always love your posts about the Smokies. And it looks as if the Smoky Mountain therapy might have been helping Kelly. She seems happy to be there in that photo of her by the river. Vivi is adorable. But, of course, you already knew that. ;)

Liene said...

Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter!!! This post brought a smile to my face, despite being bundled up for the cold, the joy still shines through - in your faces and in the beauty of mother nature. Greetings from a (warmer now!) Greenville!

David said...

Betsy, It's admirable that you and George get out hiking even in the winter! Too darn cold for me to do much outside and enjoy it... Keep on hiking...ya'll will probably live longer than this old dog! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Lady Fi said...

So sorry to hear that Kelly is having a hard time. What a great shot of her - and of Vivian!

What a lovely place Greenbriar is!

Big Dude said...

You guys spending some winter time in the park - now there's a surprise :-)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Vivian has the sweetest little rosebud mouth! The space needle is awesome! And so is your dream cabin and the beautiful falls in front of it.

Arkansas Patti said...

You and George always take such great couple pictures. I think you ought to do commercials.
How sweet of you to try to fill some moments for Kelly. I hope she is finding just a bit of ease now.
Your Great grand is ADORABLE. Be proud grandma.

Betsy said...

You have my complete admiration for being out in that cold, cold weather. I tend to hibernate in the wintertime. Wonderful photos and that last one of Vivian is SO CUTE! Just look at that face!
Blessings,
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

It really does look cold, but still so beautiful. I am sure that Kelly will not forget the special love you showed to her this past Christmas and every day.

Fun60 said...

What a coincidence. Your granddaughter was born the same day as my grandson. Sadly he is now back in hospital with respiratory problems.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
Thanks for sharing your lovely photographs with us, they are all so nice to see.
I especially like the one you took of George ...

Yes Vivien Lee is so adorable, lovely photograph.

My good wishes to you

All the best Jan

Shug said...

Oh my....love that cabin by WEARS Valley Rd. Do you know the name of this particular cabin? I would love to stay there. These are GREAT pictures.....and in each and every picture.....I can sense the wonderful time that you all had. Keeping Kelly in my prayers.....

The Furry Gnome said...

Cute kid! She's smiling!

A Colorful World said...

Vivian Lee looks like she's ready to take on the world! :-) beautiful baby girl. Loved your very COLD-looking Smokey's pictures too. It looks like such a special trip, and Gatlinburg is always so beautiful! Hope you are having a wonderful week, you and George! God bless!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Great photos, Betsy! I love the Ogle cabin and used to think I'd like to live in one...modernized with electricity and plumbing of course. Ha!
That sweet little Vivian is just precious. Keep the photos of her coming!
Have a great week!
xx Cheryl

diane b said...

Such a beautiful area. Don't know if I could stand the cold. Your jackets look nice and warm. Fabulous photos and a cute Vivian.

BeachGypsy said...

There "ain't nothing " like the beautiful Smokies, is there? LOl Enjoyed all the scenery pictures, you can tell how cold that water was! Loved seeing the old cabin, I grew up seeing old cabins and old homesteads and houses like this up in the mountains. So glad y'all got this special family time together, and also time with friends! so...where is your all's next adventure to? Have you planned anything yet?
P.S.---little Vivian is so sweet, enjoy every second with her!

Linda said...

Beautiful photos!

Connie said...

Beautiful photos, Betsy! I especially like the neat ice formations. Sure looks cold!!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a fun looking trip!

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, what an intrepid couple you and George are! And being so for his daughter. She is blessed to have the two of you at this difficult time in her life.

I so enjoy your photographs. They take me out of my home and into the world beyond. Thank you. Peace.

Happytrails said...

Great pictures of your trip to the Smokies, I especially liked the hike down the Wears Valley Road one.
You have a precious great-granddaughter and it appears she is quite the poser for the camera already. Glad you and George were able to have Kelly with you for her to share that time together to help her at this time.

Barb said...

I'd love to visit this area - so scenic. I like the old rustic cabin. That water does look cold, but you look warm with your big smile and that snuggly coat.

Kay said...

I love how you both enjoy life and nature. My heart breaks for Kelly, but smiles for Vivian. I love her beautiful, trusting eyes.