Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, December 11, 2017

Christmas at our Home, Part II ---- Inside Decorations

My gorgeous Willow Collection
Hello  Friends,   This week I have picked out some of my favorite little inside decorations in our home...   Many of these,  I have had for years ---and love thinking about them and the memories that rush back in my mind as I open them for another Christmas Season.

Several of my friends have said that they no longer put out their Christmas decorations...    I agree that it is a lot of work --but the joy I receive when doing it keeps me motivated to continue decorating as long as I physically can.

Hope you enjoy seeing some of the little cuties around our home during this season.   I am a collector,  and have a collection of things like bird ornaments,  Santas,  and all kinds of little angels....  The group in the above picture is my all-time favorite collection.   These are my WILLOWS  ---and are priceless to me... I can just sit and look at them forever.


My Advent Calendar  (very special to me since it was made many years ago by my sister-in-law,  Evelyn Banks,  who is no longer with us);   When my sons were young,  they would put an ornament on the tree beginning on Dec. 1st and ending on Dec. 24 (with the star on top)...  That way they would know how many days were left until Christmas!



This little guy has been with me for many years also.   I call him my Flower Pot  Santa since he was made using a small ceramic flower pot... 



Sitting by the fireplace are some of my little Christmas Babies  (a couple of snowmen and a couple of Santas)   I have gotten through the years!!!!  



 Here's a picture of our pretty Christmas Tree;   Other than a small tree on our front porch, and 4 little tiny trees in our home,  This is our ONLY large tree...  We actually purchased this pre-lit tree in 2004  (believe it or not) --and although all of the pre-lit lights no longer work,  we just keep on using this tree --and adding our own lights.   This year we added about 800 lights.  We have searched for another pre-lit tree just like this one but have yet to find one we like, since this one looks so real.  We also like the shape. SO--we just keep on using this one!!!!  We think it is still pretty!  I am one of the few people who still love the multi-colored lights.



In 2015,  while on our annual December trip to Ocean Isle Beach,  we purchased this adorable little Snowman at  one of the largest Christmas Stores I have ever been in,  Callahan's in Calabash,  North Carolina.   



Then the next year,  in Dec. of 2016,  we purchased Mr. Skinny Legs Santa...  I love this little guy!!!!!  (We didn't get to make our annual December trip to Ocean Isle this year due to family emergencies, but when we go back --I will visit Callahan's again to see what new 'cuties' they may have which may jump into our car!!!! ha)



Here are a few more of my Christmas Babies sitting next to the Christmas Tree and near the fireplace.     Besides the little snowman,   there is another of my Santas,  a Christmas Teddy Bear,  and a Christmas Cow.   How many of you have a Christmas Cow????? ha ha 



This is our living room --from my recliner  (you can see my feet all covered up).    I love to sit there with a fire going in the fireplace,  just enjoying the view!!!!!!    Christmas is just such an awesome time!



Finally,   the most important display in our home is our little creche.   This Nativity is from George's family and means so much to both of us....   Let's never forget the REAL meaning of Christmas....  Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus  (on Dec. 25)!
I could share many more  of the decorations  inside our home --including all of my many angels.  BUT---I will stop for today and let you enjoy all of these...

Have a great week, my Friends.

Hugs,

26 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Very nice Betsy. I like putting out my little treasures too only not so many this year---and I don't know why that is. I like Father Christmas statues and trees for some reason. I used to put them all through the house but this year they circle the tree.
I put a few pics on my blog too.
MB

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely decked home for Christmas. I too love multi-colored lights.

Happy Christmas holidays ~ FlowerLady

Ann said...

Wonderful decorations. Your home looks lovely dressed in it's Christmas decor.

Sandi said...

You have musicians in your nativity scene! I like that. :)

George said...

Do you think Callahan's might be closed after Christmas? It would be a shame if nothing could jump into the car to come home with us.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Betsy, your home and decorations are just beautiful. I love the tree and the Santa and snowman collection. Pretty Nativity scene. Wishing you a blessed Advent season. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead.

Happytrails said...

Betsy, thanks you for sharing such a lovely decorated home at Christmas time. You have decorated it so nicely and I know how much you must enjoy setting things up and remembering the times you got some of the decorations. Gerri and I used to decorate our home very much the same way you do and have the house full of Christmas decorations. Gerri taught school for 35 years and has ornaments that her kids gave her through the years that she still remembers many of the children that gave the different ornaments.
You are so very right in that Christmas is a very special and "magical" time of the year and it is so nice to enjoy all the colors and warmth of the season.
Most important is the fact that God came to earth in human form and He was called Jesus.
We hope you and George have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas.

Arkansas Patti said...

You have such a fun collection and a lovely house. Loved the snowman and skinny legs. That view with the fire going is perfect for the holidays. Hope you get some snow--know you love it as much as I do.

Betsy said...

Betsy, thank you so much for sharing your ornaments with us. I so very much enjoyed seeing them. I have a couple of the same Willow collection pieces as you do. And although we don’t have a Christmas cow, we do have a Christmas Moose! Ha ha! I sure hope you get to make a trip to Callahan’s and get another ornament as I can tell how much it means to you. Your home is just beautiful and I would love to visit you there sometime. Wouldn’t we have a grand time laughing and visiting?
Blessings always,
the “other” Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love seeing all your special ornaments. Many of my friends don't decorate for Christmas,either.I love it and would do it even if I was the only one to enjoy it.

Connie said...

Everything looks so beautiful, Betsy! Looks like you are all ready for a Merry Christmas.

linda m said...

I love all your decorations. Joe and I put some of ours out (no room for all of them). My favorites are all of my snowmen. I wish I could join you in your cozy living room.

Shug said...

Gorgeous tree.....I keep saying that I'm going to change to the multi-colored lights....and seeing your tree, makes me want to even more. so pretty! You have collected a lot of cute Christmas items and everything looks so cheerful and inviting. Great to see the outside decorations in your header....It's all so pretty...

Chatty Crone said...

Your home is lovely - I love your Christmas Tree and all your decorations. So the advent calendar - I have one too - that my mother made me - I will have to take a picture of mine! Very cute and very blessed home. Praying - hope all is well! sandie

David said...

Betsy, Nice Christmas display...a happy feel to it all! We have so many ornaments and decorative pieces...but we're too lazy with no family visits this year...so most of them are in our Christmas closet. We have a small flat pre-lite tree that takes minimal space while providing a nice bit of Christmas cheer. There are wreaths, candles in the windows and a few other items scattered around the living area, on our doors and the front porch. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

Your tree is gorgeous!!! I love multi-colored lights, too, and a variety of colorful decorations. It's what I grew up on. In your Willows, I love the couple that look like they're dancing. So many memories in all those decorations. That makes them so much more special.

Linda said...

Love the flower pot Santa! Thanks for sharing your decorations.

Lady Fi said...

Your tree looks amazing!

Twilight Man said...

You have the best collections of Christmas decorations, ornaments and willows I have ever seen. Truly interesting and happy ones indeed. I love that advent calendar and how your sons decorated each day till Christmas which must have kept these wonderful memories etched forever in their hearts. I wish I could slide down from your chimney on Christmas day as a Chinese Santa. LOLOL

Lowcarb team member said...

Your house and home look wonderful and so welcoming.
Thank you so much for inviting us in and making us so welcome.

Sending my good wishes
Happy Christmas too!

All the best Jan

PS Lovely header photograph.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I love your willow collection. I have just one. It was a bridesmaid gift my sister-in-law did for her wedding. It's on my bedroom bookshelf.

BeachGypsy said...

It all looks so pretty an so festive, Betsy! love your pretty Christmas tree and yes--I still love the multi color lights as well!! I went with other color schemes throughout the years, but have gone back to multi color the past 2 or 3 years. Your home looks lovely and with that warm fireplace....so inviting!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Your home looks so pretty! I love your view from your favorite chair. It's finally looking like Christmas here. I thought it would never happen since I'e been puny. I didn't get out all of my collections this year. What I did set out is more than enough to make it look festive. I am now in a battle to keep the kitties from batting the ornaments out of the trees! lol! I have some wrapping to do and a couple more things to buy and then I'll be finished. Enjoy your lovely home and this special season!

Marcia said...

Merry Christmas, Betsy. I enjoyed the tour of your decorations.

Andrea said...

Merry Christmas to you, Betsy and George! Your house is truly full of love and Christmas. I still remember the photo of your greend door a few years ago!

Fun60 said...

Your home looks so festive and welcoming. No wonder you love sitting there looking at all your treasures. Have a wonderful Christmas.