Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Deep Sadness in our Family

Rest in Peace, my beautiful Daughter-in-law,  Debbie Wilhite
Many of you have heard by now  (especially if you are on Facebook) that my beautiful daughter-in-law,  Debbie Wilhite,  passed away on Sunday,  August 13, 2017 in Cypress,  Texas,  at the young age of 50.  My son, Mark,  and Debbie had only been together for a little over two years,  and they only got married two months ago.  They were SO HAPPY and so much in love.  Life was just beginning for the two of them.  But a long life together isn't going to happen..  SO SAD.

Debbie was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder at age 15 and had struggled off and on for years.  However,  the past couple of years had been good ones for her --until the 'demons' inside of her  took over last weekend and took her away.  She overdosed.  Mark was devastated (still is) as you an imagine..

Mark and Debbie packed more fun, more love, more joy into two years than most folks do in a lifetime... We are all just trying to remember the joys we had with Debbie,  and were blessed to have her in our lives for these two years...

Today I'll just share a few of the many photos I have of Debbie.  She was such a  joy for me --and the first minute we met,  we bonded.  Since I raised three sons,  Debbie became not only a daughter,  but also a great friend...  Words cannot describe how much I loved her and will miss her...


Oh how I adored this beautiful young lady!



When  Debbie and Mark visited us,  I took them to Fall Creek Falls State Park for the day.  Debbie loved it there --as you can tell from this picture.



Debbie found my love for waterfalls at Fall Creek Falls --and at one time, had even talked about getting married there.  This is Mark and Debbie at Cane Creek Falls.



Those two crazy kids had so much fun together...  For this picture,  I told them to make a funny or scary face!!!!!!  Made me laugh and still does!



A picture of a happy Mama with Mark and Debbie when they were in Tennessee in December/January last year



Debbie loved minions ---so she just had to win this huge one when they went to the rodeo...   She named him Bob and carried him around on her back that day (getting lots of attention).... Mark said it was VERY hard getting BOB into their car that day!!!!! ha



Mark and Debbie got married in Galveston on June 12 this year with her four daughters and her four grandchildren along with one of Mark's daughters and some of their good friends.  This was a happy family on that day ---but an extremely sad family now...  Debbie adored her girls and the grandchildren...



My favorite picture of Debbie and Mark after their wedding;  Mark and Debbie  were planning to host a big beach vacation for all of us in  Mark's family in June of 2018--since many of us couldn't attend their wedding this past June... They were planning on renewing their vows during that vacation when we were there...



After their wedding,  Mark and Debbie immediately left on a honeymoon cruise...  This picture was taken when they were on their cruise.
Such happy moments ---and there were plenty of them....As hard as it is now to visualize life without Debbie,  Mark will find the strength to start over and begin life again.    We all have a very strong faith knowing that God is in control...  AND ---we also know that Debbie is with her Mom and Dad in heaven and she is finally out of pain....

I am probably going to take some time off since this has been hard on me too.  I have told several friends that the hardest thing I have ever had to go through was hearing my 47 year old son cry all night long--and for several days...  God Bless that wonderful young man.

Please contact, hug,  tell those you love how much they mean to you!  Live is precious and SO unpredictable...  God Bless ALL.

Here is a copy of Debbie's Obituary if you would like to read it:
Deborah Lynn Wilhite, 50, of Cypress was greeted in Heaven by her parents, Alice and Beau Collins, on August 13, 2017. Debbie was born October 17, 1966 in Galveston, Texas.
She was formerly from La Marque and had recently moved to Cypress with the love of her life. Debbie was best known for her infectious laugh, beautiful smile, and her genuine love for everyone. Debbie never met a stranger and always left an impression that represented her true love for life.
Deborah's legacy lives on through her husband Mark E. Wilhite; four daughters: Nicole Carreon of Groesbeck, TX, Harley Goebel and boyfriend Ryan of Galveston, TX, Ally Goebel of Santa Fe, TX and Skylar Goebel of Santa Fe, TX; two step-daughters Bay Lee Wilhite of San Marcos, Brooke Elizabeth Dominquez and son-in-law Tristan of Norfolk, VA.; sister Beverly Ann Racicot of Galveston, TX and five grandchildren: Alicen Platt, Trenton Platt, Mallory Sanders, Rayleigh “Roo” Sanders and Vivian Lee Dominguez.
Visitation will be on Saturday, August 19, 2017 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm at the James Crowder Funeral Home in La Marque followed by a Celebration of Life service at 2:00pm.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made in her name to Depression and Bi-Polar Support Alliance

Hugs,

60 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Again, I am so very sorry, Betsy. Your blog tribute to Debbie is beautiful! And she was beautiful, and seemed so joyful and full of life. Bi-Polar is such an awful thing, robbing many of their life. Blessings to Mark and you, Betsy. You are both in my prayers.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Betsy! I am so sorry for the loss of your Daughter-in-law Debbie. My prayers go out to your son and her family. Beautiful photos of Debbie and a lovely tribute.

Julie said...

Dear Betsy, I am so very sorry to read about Debbie's passing and the manner of it. I really cannot imagine how hard it is for you and your son to come to terms with losing such a beautiful lady from your lives. Sending you as much love as I can and I hope that your love for each other will help you all carry on. Look after yourself and each other. xxx

Dorothy said...

This must be one of the saddest and most difficult things to go through. But you will 'go through' and not stay in this sad place. I pray that Mark will find the strength to pick up the pieces and go forward with his life in whatever God is calling him to do. Prayers for the family, always.

Patricia Paschal Denton said...

I'm so very very sorry that your family is having to go through this. I just simply cannot imagine the pain.

Chatty Crone said...

Betsy, I am so sorry for the loss of your Daughter-in-law Debbie. My prayers go out to your son and her family. She sounds like a terrific person that will be sorely missed. Depression and mental illness is something not to be taken lightly. Hugs my friend. sandie

R's Rue said...

Praying.

Linda G. said...

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. May God comfort you and yours during your time of sorrow.

Happytrails said...

Seeking God's comfort and peace in your life and all that loved Debbie especially Mark and Debbie's children and grandchildren.
You take care of yourself and please know we'll be right here whenever you decide to return!! Sending hugs and love!!

Annie Jeffries said...

My dear Betsy - My heart is absolutely broken for you and your family. There are no words but I understand a bit of your pain as bi-polar disorder has touched my family as well.

Small City Scenes said...

Again I say so sorry to you and your family and extended family.
what a tragic loss for everyone. Mark especially.
why these things happen only God knows and his love for us will prevail.
Take all the time you need, Betsy and George
MB

Marcia said...

Betsy, I was stunned to read this. My heart goes out to you and especially your son at this tragic loss.

Betsy said...

My heart breaks for your family Betsy. Reading this post today it is easy to see how much you loved Debbie, and how your heart breaks for your son. I remember reading the post about their wedding and their visit and being able to feel the joy in your words. Things like this are so hard on the entire family. We have a niece that struggles with bipolar disease and it's devastating for everyone. My heart goes out to all of you. I will be keeping you, George, Mark and all of the children and grandchildren in my prayers. May God wrap you in His loving arms and you find comfort there.
Love to you always, blessings, Betsy

Ann Thompson said...

This is just so very sad. Prayers for strength for all of you

Ruth Hiebert said...

Losing a loved one is always hard, but this one may be a little harder than most. I can't imagines a mother, to not be able to 'fix' things when your son is crying.The pain goes, oh so deep.I will continue to pray for you as you try to make sense out of all this and remember Debbie with tears and smiles.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I am so so sorry for your loss! Way too young.. these mental issues don't get the coverage they should. I have family that needs help....

LV said...

A beautiful tribute to to such a special person in your life. She looked a perfect picture of health. We just never know and need to count our blessing each day. May the good Lord bless you and family during this terrible loss.

camp and cottage living said...

Betsy, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful DIL. I will be praying for your son and all of her family. She sounds like such a lovely lady.
God Bless-Kimberly

diane b said...

My sympathy goes to you and Mark and all the families affected. It is a horrible illness and hard to be understood by many. It is so sad that they had only been married for such a short time. Your tribute to her is lovely.

Fun60 said...

It is a terrible illness that I have tried to understand but failed. To make someone with so much to live for yet feels so desperate as to take her own life tells us that far more research is needed in helping people with bipolar cope with everyday life. I feel for you and your family Betsy. Take as long as you need. We will all be here for you when you feel ready to come back. Much love x

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear, dear Betsy ~ I am so sorry to hear about this terrible loss in your family. My heart, love & prayers go out for all of you at this time.

FlowerLady

linda m said...

This is a beautiful tribute to Debbie. Take as much time off as you need. Please tell Mark that my prayers are with him. It is especially sad to lose someone so young and under such circumstances. Big Hug

Sally Wessely said...

Debbie was truly a beautiful soul and a gift to you and to your family, especially to your son. My heart breaks for you all. As you know, I know the shock that comes from a death such as Debbie's. May God send you an extra measure of grace and peace as you go through the days ahead. Much love. Many prayers.

Unknown said...

Again I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you all!

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

Oh, Betsy. I'm so sorry. My heartfelt sympathy to you and all who loved Debbie. What a beautiful girl and what an infectious smile. May the God of all comfort be with you all during the difficult days ahead.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Betsy, my sweet friend, my heart hurts for you and Mark and George and of course, the children. What a tragic loss yet we know, as you stated, she is now at peace. I will be praying for all of you. I know you are so broken about this loss. We never want to lose our children, and I know you and Debbie were such dear hearts. May God give each one of you some comfort as He guides you through this sad and difficult time. Much love from our home to yours.

Rose said...

Words still fail me...I can tell from the look in her eyes that she was such a pleasant person. That is a great picture of you with the both of them, and that sure is a bunch of pretty girls from Galveston.

The Furry Gnome said...

So sorry to hear this. Yes, love is very precious.

Linda said...

Oh, I am so sorry! How tragic. Your pictures are lovely. Prayers.

Deb said...

My heart goes out to your family and Debbie's loved ones at this most distressing time. My prayer is that God wraps you all in His loveing embrace of comfort and peace in the face of an illness that is so very hard to accept or understand. She and Mark shared something very special...that is evident in your touching pictorial tribute. Thank you for sharing this with those whom have come to love you!

Nita Giles Biggerstaff said...

Betsy, I am so sorry to learn of your heartbreak from your dgt-in-law's passing. Condolences & prayers for you, your son, & both sides of the families. Your tribute to her is beautiful.

BeachGypsy said...

Betsy and family, I am so so so sorry for your loss. What a sudden and tragic thing to have happen. I so clearly remember reading about the wedding and their gorgeous and happy picture of them showing their rings. I'm so sorry you and your dear son have to go through this awful time and I pray God holds you close and comforts you. The tribute you wrote is very beautiful!

Back Porch Writer said...

Prayers going up for all. I am so so sorry this has happened.

Big Dude said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Betsy. I cannot imagine the grief your son must be feeling.

Arkansas Patti said...

Aww Betsy, my heart hurts for you, Mark and the family. This post just stunned me for I so remember how happy everyone was just a few months ago and how delighted you were that she was in your family. You are all in my prayers.

very_inky_fingers said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Lifting prayers for your son and all of those wonderful children/grandchildren who will be hurting so profoundly. Prayers for your peace... rest.

Jeanne said...

So very sorry to hear this sad news! I enjoyed your tribute and will be praying for you, your son and all the family. 🙏

Marge said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending much love and prayers your way.

David said...

Betsy, How sad and how terribly tragic. Our prayers and positive thoughts go out to you and yours...especially Mark and Debbie's 4 children and 4 grandchildren. Sorrow... Take Care, David

September Violets said...

Although I've not 'met' you on the blogs before Betsy, I was reading a lovely post by Ruth and felt compelled to visit you. I'm so sorry to read of the passing of your beautiful Debbie. Such sadness for one still young at heart to leave this life. I'll be saying prayers for you and your family. Take care,
Wendy

Latane Barton said...

I am so sorry, Betsy. It doesn't matter how long or how short a person is in your life, if you connect and love one another, life just isn't long enough ever.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

This is devastating news Betsy. So young but your tributee to her is very beautiful. Have a good week ahead.

Connie said...

Wonderful photos, Betsy! I'm so sorry for your loss. I know Debbie was so very special to you.

Lady Fi said...

I cannot begin to comprehend the huge loss and sorrow. I'm so sorry for you all. What a fun loving girl - and so sorry to hear that her demons vanquished this lovely spirit.

Betsy said...

This is just so sad to hear. How horrible for your son, all of you. Her children and grandchildren. Just so sad to think how they feel right now.
You wrote a beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady.
Thank God your Son has you to be with through this.
My sincerest sympathies
betsy

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Betsy, I'm so sorry about Debbie. She was such a beautiful woman. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Pam said...

So sorry to hear of your loss, Betsey! And for her husband and children. What a horrible illness to endure. Your tribute to her is excellent. Take care

Janice K said...

Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I know your hearts are hurting while your mind is trying to make sense of something it cannot understand. Praying your family will feel God's presence and His arms around you as your hearts start the journey of healing. It takes a long time, but your Lord will never leave you.

Pat Tillett said...

I am so sorry to hear of this huge loss. She sounds like a wonderful person.
You and your family are in my thoughts.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh dear Betsy, I am just so very sorry for the loss of your Daughter-in-law Debbie. What a shock! My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your son and all the family.
I think the wonderful photo's you've included in this post are such a fitting tribute.May she R.I.P.
Sincere condolences.

All the best Jan

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, thank you for sharing Debbie with us. And may your son find solace in his memories. Peace.

Jeevan said...

I’m extremely sorry for the sudden demise of your daughter-in-lay and absolutely 50 isn’t the age for that. I still remember the happy photos you shared from the newly wed and can’t believe their happiness short lived. My deep hearted condolence to you and the dear ones of the Debbie. Such sweet lady she is.

Linda P said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking and all I can do is lift you all up in prayer that you will know the Lord's comfort at this difficult time.

Jo said...

Dearest dear Betsy, I am so very, very sorry for this tragic loss, for Mark, their families and for you and George. What beautiful photos and what a lovely tribute you paid your daugthter-in-law here on your blog. Bless you and may you find healing as time goes by. Blessings Jo

Liene said...

Devastating, so sorry to hear of your loss! Our condolences, may you and your son find peace in her memory...

Judy said...

What a lovely tribute to your daughter-in-law. I cannot imagine the grief your family is going through. I hope happy memories will help your son, perhaps not right now, but someday.

hugs,
Judy

Nancy Chan said...

Hello Betsy, I am so sorry to know about your loss. Debbie is such a beautiful lady. She and Mark make a beautiful couple. This is so sad for Mark, you and family members. May God's peace be upon you all. Shalom!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I'm so sorry for your family's huge loss. She sounds like an amazing person, and was glowing in her pictures. From my own experience, I know it is so shocking and heartbreaking to lose a family member in this tragic way, so take care of yourself in the months to come.

I hope that Mark is okay as well after Harvey. My old horse boarding center is in Cypress, and they had to evacuate all the horses and are flooded out right now. :-(

Jazzmin said...

I have had this up in my browser since you posted... the day I saw it, I was so very saddened by this news and I am keeping your son, Debbie's daughters and grand-daughters, and your whole family in my prayers. It is wonderful your faith can be such a comfort in such a time of heartache, and I pray for the Lord's continued comforting of you all and His loving arms around you. I cannot imagine. Thank you for sharing such a beyond beautiful tribute... such a precious and wonderful person she sounded like. I am so sorry.

I also hope your family in Texas stayed safe and were not harshly effected by Harvey.

Hugs, blessings, and many prayers♥
Jazzmin

RoeH said...

Hi Betsy. Sometimes I still get on these blogs and read them and wonder about who I used to know. I was so sorry when I read that your darling daughter in law passed away. What a hard thing to go through. I hope that your family is doing well...and that's hard. Many prayers for your son and your family. .....Roeann Harper