Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, May 29, 2017

MAY in our Yard ---2017

Mr. Lincoln Rose  (5/18/17)
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL.  Whatever you do today,  stop and say a Prayer of Thanksgiving for those men and women who gave their lives so that we can have the FREEDOMS we enjoy so much today.. God Bless them and God Bless America.

***********
After the terrible drought last year,  we have been blessed so far this spring with an abundance of rain..  Our yard LOVES it ---and we are thrilled to see everything which was totally brown last Fall turn green again...

Today,  I wanted to show you some of this GREEN  in our own front yard...  BUT--I didn't want to stop with just the greens of spring... SO--I included some of this year's ROSES which are now blooming BIGTIME... Hope you enjoy this post as much as I enjoyed putting it together for you to enjoy...  Click on the pictures for enlargements.


A Green House and a Green Yard (5/18/17);  Lilies beginning to bloom --but the Irises are finished for the season;



Flaminco Rose (5/22/17)---one of my favorites (out of many fav's)



From the garage and driveway area,  looking across the yard toward the road (5/18/17)



Melody Parfumme Rose  (5/18/17)  Love this color!



Looking across the front yard toward the Ivy Bed;  Isn't the grass just beautiful?  (5/18/17)  George added some Rose Containers in front of the Ivy Bed this year. 



Gemini Roses --love the 'triplets'  don't you?  (5/18/17)



A close-up of the Ivy Bed and the Rose Containers;  Even the Ivy and Periwinkle (which struggled during the drought) has come back nicely!  (5/18/17)



Wildfire Rose  (5/22/17)




In front of the big Rose Bed -you will find two other smaller beds.  The bottom one contains this year's Pansies and Petunias.  The one above it contains  Day Lilies,  Irises, Daffodils, etc...


Paradise Rose  (5/18/17)


Oregold Rose  (5/27/17)   Oh--how I love YELLOW Roses!!!





Here's a close up of my little Pansy/Petunia Bed...  I usually plant Panies in the Fall and they will last through the winter until it gets hot in July.  However,  due to the drought,  I didn't plant any last Fall..  I planted them a couple of months ago --and am pleased with all of the pretty colors... Do you like them?  (NOTE:  I don't usually plant Petunias but this year,  I loved their bright pink colors.  SO--I just had to get some.   See them?)



Cabana Rose in our yard  (5/18/17)   We have four different 'splotchy' ones like this --and I love them.



Now you can see almost all of the front yard  (at least the upper part above the driveway);  I could almost sleep on that grass!!!!  (5/18/17)



Double Delight Rose  (always a beautiful Rose,  and one of my all-time favorites)  (5/22/17)



Peace Rose  (another all-time favorite of mine);  (5/18/17)
I decided to close with PEACE --since we desperately need peace in our world now... Prayers for Manchester --and around the world where people are getting killed for NO reason.

Hope these pictures brought a smile to your face today...  Do you have a favorite Rose out of today's group????

Hugs  and enjoy Memorial Day Wherever you are!

32 comments:

Ann said...

Your yard is so pretty. I can almost smell the roses. They are all far to beautiful to pick just one as a favorite.
Hope you and George have a great Memorial Day

Linda G. said...

Your yard is lovely; your flowers stunningly gorgeous!

Jeevan said...

Wow! A lovely composed post and I indeed enjoyed your cheerful and charming front yard. The lawn is refreshing with green and glad to hear your received rain to give life back to your plants… the roses are gorgeous and I couldn’t go with one! We are dying without rain here and the weather continues to be about 100 F, and we can’t image what if it didn’t shower in few months.

Big Dude said...

Your yard looks gorgeous

Nancy Chan said...

Happy Memorial Day! So many gorgeous rose blooms. so many variety of roses and other flowers growing in your garden. Have a happy day, Betsy!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Have a good Memorial Day! Your house and yard are always so beautiful. So glad you are getting more rain this year. Enjoy the week ahead and I will see you on Face Book too!

George said...

I can hardly believe how beautiful our yard looks this year. You did a great job of capturing all that beauty in your photos.

Arkansas Patti said...

I am so glad the gardener's nightmare--drought--has ended for you. Wow, is your yard looking nice and I really like all the stone work George has done. Just beautiful.

David said...

Betsy, Great looking yard and gardens... Beautiful flowers, that's for sure! I guess that the storm up your way didn't do much damage. Given some of the reports, it looks like you were lucky! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Betsy said...

Good job!!!! Your flowers are absolutely stunning! Could I hire you to come take care of my yard? Ha ha!
Blessings, Betsy

linda m said...

Your yard is the most beautiful yard I've ever seen. All those flowers and colors are gorgeous. Right now I think "Peace" is my favorite rose. It is what we need the most right now. God bless America and all who served/serve this Country.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I always enjoy seeing your beautiful house, too! Was it this color when you moved in, or did you paint it? It is too hard to choose a favorite for sure. I love the Flamingo, Gemini, and Cabana. The cabana looks so much like that peppermint one you have! It looks like you planted the pansies in the PERFECT place!! In a curving long line, so they really make a big splash!!! LOVE them there much better than around a tree.

Fun60 said...

With a May birthday I would have to say Gemini is my favourite.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful beyond words. Your yard is a little piece of paradise here on earth. Flaminco has to be my favourite,but all are stunning.

Connie said...

Happy Memorial Day, Betsy! Your roses and other flowers are so pretty. I love that Flaminco rose--wow, such gorgeous colors.

The Furry Gnome said...

You and George manage to grow beautiful roses!

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

Betsy, your photographs in this post, especially those of the roses, are excellent! Your yard is so gorgeous. I can't imagine all the work that you two have put into it, but the results are very rewarding. That Flamenco Rose is absolutely stunning.

Devilish Angel said...

Beautiful flowers Betsy :)

Pam said...

Beautiful. Wow, the grass is amazingly green! Beautiful. And the color on the house is great. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

BeachGypsy said...

Hi there Betsy--my goodness your yard is just beautiful! What in the world do y'all put on that grass to get it like that!!? Love all your pretty flowers the way the flower beds are built. It's a lovely yard and I also just love the color of green you have on your house itself. How was your Memorial holiday? Ya'll got any trips coming up soon?

Sally Wessely said...

I always love seeing your yard. Yes, one could sleep on that grass. It looks so lush and beautiful. Imagine waking up to the scent of all those glorious roses.

Rue said...

Your garden is just heavenly, Betsy! I can almost smell all the roses ;) I think my favorite is the Peace Rose.

Loved your pictures from the vacation, but most especially those smiles on your faces :)

xo,
rue

Wendy said...

What a treat! Your roses are exquisite! Thanks for sharing. We too are having lots of rain - not much fun for walking around, but the grass and plants are thirsty!

It think it's good to plant different flowers from year to year - your petunias look vivid and add lots of bright colours. Hope they do well. I'm going to try some Gerber daisies for a change and maybe some zinnias. Love every flower - it's so hard to make a choice!
Hugs

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Your lawn is so pretty and your roses are just amazing. I love all of the beautiful photos. It made me happy just to view your lovely posting. Peace to you and the world.

Rose said...

Oh, my they are beautiful! I always enjoy seeing what is blooming in your yard.

Judy said...

You have a lovely garden. I didn't get as much work done in my garden as I hoped before I left on Friday to come to Nova Scotia. There will be plenty to do when I get back to Ontario.

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

What a beautiful yard and I love your wonderful assortment of roses…just lovely.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Betsy
Your garden is just beautiful and it does look so green and so colourful.
I love all of your plantings. I've always liked petunias.
Roses are always so lovely to see, and smell, and I think it timely to finish with the Peace Rose.

My good wishes for this new month of June, and an especially nice weekend too.

All the best Jan

Lady Fi said...

Gorgeous flower shots!

Beatriz said...

Hi Betsy!
I never tire of visiting your garden here! you can see that it is a garden with a lot of care... I especially liked the way of colorful petunia, so sweet!

Have a nice sunday dear Betsy!!!

<º(((< Bia
www.biaviagemambiental.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Wow, so many pretty roses! The Gemini Rose is my favorite.

diane b said...

The rain sure did brighten up your garden. It is looking beautiful. Credit must go to the gardeners, well done you two. I like the first rose best.