Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, October 17, 2016

Things I LOVE about AUTUMN

I love all of the COLORED LEAVES of FALL.
I did a blog post on this topic several years ago ---and it's surprising how similar my choices are,  even now!!!!!   I challenge you to do a blog post (or Facebook post) talking about some of your favorite things about Fall!!!!!  Hope you enjoy my choices ---and I'll bet that some of you would choose some of the same ones!!!!!  NOTE:  Some of the pictures are from the internet --and some are my pictures!!!!


It's FOOTBALL time in TENNESSEE.  Oh--how I love Football in the Fall!!!



I love sunrises and sunsets year-round --but the SUNSETS in FALL are very special.  



I love homemade CHILI in Autumn.



I love decorating the yard in Autumn.  



Oh how I love HoneyCrisp Apples in Autumn.  (However,  they are SO expensive this year --so we haven't eaten many... Sniff Sniff.)



Meet Mr. Gobble,  our Havest TURKEY... He smiles while sitting on our dining room table until Thanksgiving Day,  when he stops smiling and then cries and cries since we are eating his brother for dinner!!!!!! ha ha 



Oh how I love hiking/walking on the crunchy leaves in Autumn.



Here's a closeup of TOBY,  our front porch decoration.   Toby says HELLO to you. 



All of my family/friends who know me well know how much I love the RED trees in Autumn... I enjoy all of the Fall Colors ---but RED is my favorite.



YES---I LOVE raking and blowing leaves in Autumn...  Hard to believe,  isn't it?  It's good exercise for this ole woman---and for a few minutes after finishing,  I actually see some results... ha ha  (Now--don't ask me if I enjoy picking up nuts/acorns in our yard in Fall.....  I do not.  ha ha )



I love my little Harvest Quilt... It was meant to be a wall hanging --but I use it on my dining room table.  



Not only do I love Apples in Fall--but I also love HOT APPLE CIDER. 



Meet  Penny and Patrick,  my little Twin Pumpkins.  They protect my fireplace in Autumn (as you will see in another picture)!!!



Oh how I love PUMPKIN FUDGE in Fall... BUT--as most of you know,  I seem to like anything made with Pumpkin.  George and I enjoy Pumpkin Pancakes almost every week.... YUM.



One of the BEST things about AUTUMN to me is COOLER temperatures,  sweatshirts,  and FIRES in our FIREPLACE..... How awesome is this...



AND---my favorite thing during ALL SEASONS  is being with the Love of my Life,  George.  We love just being together --but in Autumn,  we enjoy doing some traveling to see the gorgeous Fall Colors.  This picture was taken in 2013 at the Peaks of Otter,  Virginia.
Well--- I'm sure I could go on and on listing what I love about Fall/Autumn.  Our Roses are still gorgeous and the Autumn Joy Sedum is putting on a show --along with the Vinca.... It is hard for me to choose a favorite season --but overall,  Fall is definitely a favorite...  (Summer is my least-favorite--especially this past Summer when it was miserably hot and dry here.)

I'll bet you have some other favorites of Fall depending upon your interests.  Some of you  creative people probably love the Fall Craft Shows.  IF you have kids around,  you probably love Halloween...  There's just so much to do in Autumn..... Great Season.

Hugs and Blessings,

37 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

STUNNING array of autumn colours and thing that you like about thi season. ALl very warming.

Devilish Angel said...

Awesome photos...Thanks for sharing...

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

Great post, Betsy. I do love fall and mostly the same things you mentioned (although I've never had pumpkin fudge or pumpkin pancakes). Overall, I'm just grateful to live in a four-season area of the country. No matter the season, I'm always looking forward to the next one.

Arkansas Patti said...

Love most of the things you mentioned and really miss the fireplace since I moved here. Another thing I love is the smell of the cool, crisp air. It just smells so clean.
That pumpkin fudge looks marvelous. I will have to try to make some.

George said...

You did a great job of showing some of the best things about autumn. Your pictures are beautiful.

Patricia Paschal Denton said...

Great blog post and beautiful photo!

LV said...

No matter the season, you make it fun. I enjoy the fall colors too, but spring is my favorite. Things waking up from a winter slumber and coming to life.

Liene said...

Autumn is my favorite, and I can see why you also love it so - we were just up in your neighborhood and the colorful foliage is just stunning! How lucky we are that even the dry summer hasn't dulled the fireworks marking the end of an extremely hot season. Enjoy the next couple of weeks, they are sure to be captivating!

Lady Fi said...

You really captured the colours of autumn - lovely shots!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

The honeycrisp apples have gotten crazy expensive! I'm tempted to plant a tree. If it did well it would pay for itself.

I love chili. I make it even in the summer.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your post,as always is fascinting.Many of these things are the same ones I enjoy.We do differ in one thing.For me the only pumpkin I like is in a pie shell with a good layer of whipped cream on it.I'll leave all the other pumpkin stuff for you to enjoy.

Big Dude said...

Fun post Betsy, I'm a fall fan as well.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Such a beautiful, beautiful post!!! I love each and every picture! You are so pretty on the path and in the leaves. You seem to be getting younger by the year! Love your big stuffed turkey! Please turn his back when you eat his brother. the football stadium picture is so cool! Yes, Phil's favorite apple is Honeycrisp. and they HAVE been more expensive this year! He hunts in all the grocery stores for a good sale. Your quilt is stunning, I love it.

Grandma Bonnie said...

I love fall leaves crunching. Fall was always my favorite season. I am not so sure now.

Betsy said...

This is such a wonderful post Betsy. I enjoyed reading about your love for fall. I wish you lived closer to me because we have tons of your favorite apples just falling off the trees at the lake. We've been eating and eating them but so many are rotting on the ground. All of your sweet decorations are beautiful. Enjoy your cooler temperatures.
Blessings,
Betsy

David said...

Betsy, As usual you've posted great photos... We love college football too as the games are very unpredictable and fun to watch. Love the weather and the color too! Leaves...not so much! Repeated blowing of the yard is not fun...and like you said, a day later, you'd never know you did the work. As for visiting up your way, we've done a bit of it over the last several years. (Cumberland Playhouse 5 or 6 times, Cumberland Mtn. State Park, Fall Creek State Park, Obed National River, Big South Fork National Rec. Area and Rugby)
Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Fun60 said...

There is no other season that can compare to the colours of Autumn. Beautiful sentiments and photos Betsy.

Lowcarb team member said...

Betsy ... such a lovely post.
Autumn is a most beautiful season and it's so lovely to see the leaves change colour.

I do like how you've decorated your porch and house, a special hello to Toby!

I'm with you on the homemade Chili in Autumn!.

Have a wonderful week

All the best Jan

Ann said...

I'll go along with all the things you love about fall except the football. I've tried to get interested in it but I just can't

happyone said...

Falls looking great out your way. : )

Connie said...

I enjoyed your list of favorite fall things, Betsy! Your fall decorations are so cute, and I love the picture of you playing in the leaves! :D Hope you have a great week!

The Furry Gnome said...

Well I'll join you for the fall colour, the hiking, the Honey Crisp apples and some turkey - real turkey!

BeachGypsy said...

Love all those things you mentioned. Love to make big pots of chili! and decorate our front porch. Love to open the windows to fresh air! That last picture of y'all together is such a good one!

Jeevan said...

Your autumn makes feel envious! We don’t have strong autumns here, but northeast monsoon picks during this time brings refreshing sight of green leaves and cool weather. This year the weather continues to be hot and dry unlike last years. The autumn colors connectivity is wonderful there and I could understand your love for autumn from the cheerful photos here.

Enjoy :)

Kay said...

Love, love, love all of your autumn photos! We never really get a "real" autumn here in SoCal. Our seasons just sort of all blend in together. When I was a kid, it seemed that our autumn weather was more like "autumn weather", but now only a few leaves change and sometimes the weather feels like autumn. It's always been my favorite season.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

All good reasons to love fall!

Shug said...

Oh how I love this post. The picture of you and George is absolutely the best. You are beautiful. Fall is the perfect season and this post makes me ready for the cooler weather to get here....
hugs..

Unknown said...

I love the autumn and it's Colors. Your pictures are fantastic :) it shows that you love it!

Small City Scenes said...

I enjoy fall also, Betsy----except we get a lot of rain some Autumns. Not always. I do love an early frost and the crispness in the air too.
Nice blog with fun images.
MB

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

You did a great job of pointing out all the good about Fall!! The leafs or leaves are so pretty. Spring is my fav season but Fall is 2nd.

Small Kucing said...

You are fun, Betsy. Nope..I dont mean funny . Fun as you are fun to be with. I can help smiling looking at your happy face under all those leaves.

Have a great day Betsy!

Anonymous said...

Now this is a post that puts me in a fall mood! Beautiful, Betsy, and the chili has my mouth watering.

Linda said...

Nice to see a joyful post! Love the pic of you in the leaves!

diane b said...

A fun whimsical post. I love the colours and your happiness. It is Spring here. I'll tell you what I love about Spring. It is not cold when I get out of bed. I don't need a gown. It is not cold in the bathroom I don't need a heater. I can wear a T-shirt all day . I don't need a sweater. The garden is bursting with new growth and flowers. Its not too hot and its not too cold. Just perfect.

Beatriz said...

Oh Betsy, how many gorgeous things!
I think autumn the most beautiful season of all, especially in the US where thr leaves come multiple colors and beautify gradens, parks and roads across the country! I also love all these things, especially walking among the nature, it's gratifying, isn't it?!
By the way, Your quilt blanket is something.... wonderful!!!

Have a nice sunday Betsy!

Bia <º(((<
www.biaviagemambiental.blogspot.com

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Betsy! I love, love, love fall...as you've probably heard me say many times. lol! I can't help it...I just love getting out and looking around at all the trees changing daily during this season. It's hard to stay at home and that's partly why I'm behind in visiting everyone. I love most of the same things as you do, except I've never been a big cider fan. GREAT photos of your fall decor inside and out and of you and George. Love seeing you two lovebirds looking so happy and relaxed. Take care and enjoy this beautiful Sunday! xo Cheryl

Kay said...

You have the most spectacular photos on his post, Betsy. You are the most beautiful couple and your love shows in every photo you both take.