Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Day Lilies Galore in our Yard, 2016---and a Blog-Aversary!

Hello Blog and Facebook Friends/Family!   I am posting TODAY for a specific reason.  I want to show you all of our many, many Day Lilies which are blooming now ---BUT I also want to tell you that  TEN YEARS AGO TODAY (June 15, 2006),  I started Blogging for the first time.  I began on a site called LightBlog (which is now gone).  In 2009,  I switched to Blogger...  The rest is history. 

Friends come and go --but I have met so many fantastic lifetime friends through both Blogging and Facebook.  SO-----what do you want to do today--to help me celebrate my BLOG-ANNIVERSARY????  Shall we go out to dinner? NAH---let's have some coffee and just sit and enjoy all of the flowers in the yard! Okay????? 

Our Day Lilies this year are really putting on a show!!!   I could share post after post after post showing you our pictures, since we have so many varieties and colors.  I think I have taken several pictures of about 47 different varieties SO FAR --with more to bloom....  Wish you were here to see our Day Lilies!!!!!!

Today --I will share pictures I took on 6/14  of just a few of our many Day Lilies... Hope you enjoy seeing them---and hopefully,  in this group,  you will find one of your favorite colors,  since we have so many different colors and varieties.  You can click on the pictures to see them larger!!!  Sit back and enjoy! 


WINEBERRY CANDY DAY LILIES



BAHAMA BUTTERSCOTCH DAY LILY



BRIGHT SUNSET and CAROLYN CRISWELL (yellow)  DAY LILIES  (taken in the BRIGHT SUNSHINE)



PANDORA'S BOX DAY LILIES



Another picture showing the DAY LILY BEDS



INDIAN GIVER DAY LILY



BUTTERED POPCORN DAY LILIES



CUSTARD CANDY DAY LILIES



WARRIOR PRINCE DAY LILIES



CAMERON QUARTZ  DAY LILY



DAD ADAMS' DAY LILIES  (our FIRST Day Lilies, planted years ago from George's sweet Daddy)



PAPER BUTTERFLY DAY LILIES



FRANKLY SCARLET DAY LILY



PLUM PERFECT DAY LILIES



CONDILLA DAY LILY  (this one is a 'double')



One of our DAY LILY BEDS
Well---I hope you enjoyed all of these pictures... As I said above,  all of my pictures were taken yesterday,  6/14/16.   These blooms are constantly changing... We are now going outside with our cameras TWICE a day instead of once.  Amazing the constant changes!!!!!!  Wish you were here....

Do you have a favorite (or favorites) from today's group?   I love them all--but Buttered Popcorn always calls my name since I love YELLOW,  and this one always stands up above the rest!!!!  I also love Condilla,  the double yellow one...  You?????

Enjoy some coffee --or a cold one---for ME today on my Blog-Aversary..... Blogging has always been one of my favorite things to participate in!!!!!  Thanks to all of YOU for sticking with me through these many years!!!!!  Check out George's great post today showing pictures from our early morning walks.  Click HERE.

Hugs,

40 comments:

George said...

Congratulations on your blogging anniversary. You've had some great posts over the years. Your photos of our day lilies are fabulous.

Kay G. said...

Congratulations on your blogging anniversary! Love all your day Lily's! Wish I could name one, I even love their names.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Betsy, I loved all your daylilies. Congrats on your blog anniversary! Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Congratulations on this special anniversary. When I look back now on my time before I was blogging,I can't imagine going back there.Shoot! I would never have met you if both of us hadn't started blogging and that alone makes it worthwhile.
OK,seriously,I tried very hard to pick just one favourite lily,but had to give up.They are all my favourites.
Have a great day and keep those shutters clicking,I want to see more pictures.
Hugs,
Ruth

linda m said...

Happy Blog - Aversary. Sure wish I could join you on your porch and just let all the beauty from your yard melt away all my stress. Your yard should be show cased in Home and Garden Magazine.

LV said...

You really treated us to an awesome flower garden today.

Devilish Angel said...

Congrats Betsy on your blogging anniversary... All Lilies look awesome...

Linda G. said...

All of your day lilies are beautiful. I can't pick a favorite! Congratulations on 10 years of blogging. We have been friends since sometime in 2009.

Betsy said...

Happy Blogaversary dear Betsy! I'm so glad you've stuck around this long. I think my favorite is the Condilla Day Lilly. The yellow just pops out at me but they are all beautiful. Much love my friend,
Blessings,
Betsy

Fun60 said...

I had chosen the yellow ones as my favourites although they all look fabulous. Congratulations on your 10th anniversary. I can't remember how I found your blog but boy was I grateful as you spent quite some time helping me solve all those problems that beginners encounter so a special thank-you from me and I look forward to the next 10 x

Liene said...

Wow, 10 years! Congratulations on this achievement!!!

David said...

Betsy, Congrats on 10 years of blogging! I'm only coming up on #6... Beautiful day lilies photos...! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Annie Jeffries said...

Much as I like your parade of roses, it's your lilies that I look foward to seeing the most.

Annie Jeffries said...

Much as I like your parade of roses, it's your lilies that I look foward to seeing the most.

Connie said...

It would be hard to choose a favorite--they're all so beautiful! Happy blog anniversary, Betsy!

Ann said...

congratulations on your blogaversary. Enjoying your beautiful day lilies was a great way to celebrate.

happyone said...

Congratulations on 10 years of blogging. You've been at it longer than me. (9 years for me)
The day lilies are so pretty. I have a couple and they are just about to bloom.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Congratulations! A huge 10 years!! I think my favorite is the Bahama!! Next would be Indian Giver and Plum! I can't imagine having coffee with this scenery!!

Chatty Crone said...

Ten years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats girl. Great job.

I think I like the BAHAMA BUTTERSCOTCH DAY LILY - yellow makes me happy.

Love, sandie

Beatriz said...

Hi Betsy!
Your yard looks like something from another world, so wonderful!!!
I just love flowers, but as I live in an apartment, I have no space to plant them... I really like the "Butterfly Day Lilies" with its soft colors, but they are all fantastic!
Have a nice weekend Betsy!

Hugs from Brazil

Bia <°(((<

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

CONGRATULATIONS Betsy. 10 years is a fantastic achievement and many more years to come I hope. All your day lilites are beautiful but my favourite is the Indian Giver.

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

Congratulations on your blogging anniversary, Betsy! Ten years! Wow! I'm impressed. You know, I took a year off blogging. When I came back, I checked up on some of my blogging acquaintances and found that their blogs appeared to be abandoned. Made me sad. Your day lily photos are gorgeous. No way I can pick a favorite.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Congtatulations. I feel glad that we met by this lovely medium. I have adored so many of your plants, started roses at my place too. And I have loved all your other posts along the way. Thanks for the sharing and caring.

Big Dude said...

You sure have a lot of varieties and pretty as always.

Rebecca said...

I adore lilies, and yours are beautiful! Happy Blogaversary, my friend!

Smiles from Chippy White Cottage

Judy said...

Happy Blogversary! I would love to see your day lilies in person. They are beautiful.

Susie Swanson said...

Congrats on your blog Anniversary Betsy. I can not for the life of me pick one that I like best. These are bound to be the most gorgeous Day Lillies I've ever seen. I have a few but nothing compared to yours. Love and Hugs, xo

Lux G. said...

Congrats! Many more to come. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Blog-versary!! That is exactly how I met you and a number of other good people. I have my coffee poured this morning, how about you??

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Wow congrats on blogging 10 years! You are a pro at it! I cannot say enough how I am so impressed by yalls flowers! I had no idea there were so many beautiful varieties of day lilies

diane b said...

Congrats on 10 years of blogging and on those beautiful beds of day lilies. The wallabies love eating my day lilies. I'm thinking o getting rid of them and try something else that wallabies don't like.

BeachGypsy said...

Happy blog anniversary Betsy! Wow, time flies by doesn't it? I enjoyed the pictures. Our lilies are up and blooming as well...we have the yellow and orange ones like yours. I NEVER KNEW there were so many different varieties!! wow!! So many. My Mom loves Stargazer lilies. I guess I love the big orange ones the best.

Unknown said...

Hi Betsy,

I really love your flower pictures, it must be so fulfilling to walk around in your garden and see all this beauty!! My favourite is the Plum Perfect Dail Lilies, love the deep colours.

Have a fantastic Sunday!

Eva

Lady Fi said...

Happy Blogiversary! And thanks for sharing so much joy.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Gosh Betsy, I could not pick a favorite if I had to...they are all beautiful! Happy Blogoversary!

Shilpa said...

Lovely and I loved the Betsy hugs icon .
http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/?m=1

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Betsy these are amazing pictures indeed...and happy blogging anniversary!

Wishing you a great weekend :)

Janice K said...

Your lilies are amazingly beautiful. And I still can't get over how you know them each by name. I'm sure you have a system. Right now we have the wild lilies blooming here that often bloom along roadsides. I transplanted a bunch of them over 40 years ago from my parents" farm and am always happy to see them each summer.

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy, Paper Butterfly is my favorite of your Lillies. Have a great weekend and enjoy the golf course, your yard, and the wonderful 'glade.

betty-NZ said...

Congrats on your blogiversary!! I wish I were there to see your lilies, too, because in our mild winter, it's all I can do not to go plant stuff--but I know I probably should wait until closer to spring. :)