Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, April 27, 2015

APRIL 21st---Special Day for George and Me

On April 21,  2001---George and I went to Fall Creek Falls State Park,  Tennessee,  on a 'date'....  Even though our FIRST date had been just a short time before, on March 29,  I think that we both knew by this time that we were falling in love ---and wanted to spend our lives together.   SO--it was at Fall Creek Falls where these true feelings for each other came out  (since I got my FIRST KISS)!!!!!  Not only did our love for each other grow with each passing hour,  Fall Creek Falls is also where our love of waterfalls and hiking began.  SO---we visit that special place each April 21st ---and just enjoy a day of CELEBRATION....

Today,  I'll share some pictures from that day in 2001 and similar pictures taken this year on our day at Fall Creek Falls  (14 years later)...  SO much has happened in these 14 years,  but our love just continues to grow and grow.

Hope you enjoy seeing these pictures from our very very special day!!!!


Fall Creek Falls and Coon Creek Falls on April 21, 2001



Fall Creek Falls and Coon Creek Falls,  April 21, 2015;  More water!!!!  Also--helps to have a better camera!!!!! 



Betsy at Fall Creek Falls,  April 21, 2001



Betsy at Fall Creek Falls,  April 21,  2015  (much cooler weather in 2015)



George at gorge overlook,  April 21, 2001



George at the same overlook,  April 21, 2015



Betsy at gorge overlook,  April 21, 2001;  I'm sure you are going to ask about the GREEN SOCKS... WELL---I had a green top on when we first got there,  but the weather was so warm that I took it off...  Hence--the GREEN SOCKS with a black outfit  (which has been a joke with us for 14 years---ha ha )



Me at that same overlook on April 21, 2015;  NO GREEN SOCKS this year! ha



George at another gorge overlook on April 21, 2001



George,  the photographer,  at the overlook,  April 21, 2015



Betsy --doing what I do A LOT:  SITTING on a ROCK:  April 21, 2001 (don't know where those black shoes came from --but they looked better than the white keds with GREEN socks!!!???? ha ha)



Me --14 years later,  STILL sitting on a rock!!! This year,  I wore my hiking boots --which I didn't even have at that time in 2001...   (photo taken April 21, 2015)



Even with the green socks on, on April 21, 2001,  I was trying to act as if I was not afraid on that Swinging Bridge.  (Trying to impress the man, I guess.. ha)



BUT---even though I'm not crazy about Swinging Bridges that sway back and forth,  I did manage to walk across this one again on April 21, 2015.



Betsy and George at Fall Creek Falls  (Cane Creek Cascades) on April 21, 2001


Fourteen years later,  here we are --at the Cane Creek Falls Overlook,  April 21, 2015




FINALLY,  this is George Hole --where I got my first kiss.  We were sitting on a blanket here looking at pictures from his trips to China.  THEN--as George says it,  he 'stole' a kiss..  I thought I had died and gone to heaven!!!!! Talk about WONDERFUL!

 Here is a picture of US at George Hole (at Fall Creek Falls State Park) on April 21, 2015 ---where I still enjoy receiving a kiss (like we have done when we have come here these past 14 years).

I hope that George and I have MANY more April 21sts to CELEBRATE...  Fall Creek Falls State Park is a very special place for us,  and I'm sure that we will continue to go back as often as we can.

Some other important '2001 firsts' for us on this journey:  4/26--George 'unofficially' asked me to marry him;  4/27--I met more of G's family;  May 7--I got my ring, and George 'officially' asked me to marry him--in front of a BIG group of people;  May 12--we decided our wedding date;  May 13--George met two of my three sons....

We got married on Jun 23, 2001 in Knoxville, Tennessee, having a small ceremony beside  the water with family.  It has been a marvelous 14 years ---and I thank George Adams for coming into my life and making me such a blessed and extremely happy woman!!!!!  I love you,  Sweetheart!

Hugs,

55 comments:

Ms. A said...

LOVE the "Then & Now" photos! You two are something else!

Linda P said...

It's heartwarming to see you two 'love birds' enjoying the occasion in your 'special place'. It's wonderful when you can enjoy the same interests in hiking and photography (not to mention birdwatching and gardening) and have been able to record the 'then and now' moments. Thank you for sharing. Every blessing for the days ahead dear Betsy and George.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Betsy, I love these before and after photos. What a lovely post.. You and George and the scenery are all beautiful. Have a happy day!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a sweet love story! The pictures then and now are great.

Have a wonderful week ~ FlowerLady

linda m said...

Your "story" is so wonderful it brings tears to my eyes. Love the "before and after" photos. I am just so happy for you both. God Has blessed you.

Margie's Musings said...

I am a new follower of your blog, Betsy. It is wonderful that you found love late in life. Congratulations!

Manzanita said...

This is such an interesting post, comparing you and George today to as you were 14 years ago. If that was only your 2nd date, you do look like you were already smitten. Happy date anniversary on the 22nd.

Out on the prairie said...

Such a lovely moment to share.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

you had me going there - i thought you had changed your hair ... i loved that style very pretty. i enjoy seeing today and the old days. what fun. too see where you have been and where you headed. have a nice week. keep a smile. ( :

The Furry Gnome said...

What a great story! You look much more relaxed now, and those are pretty well worn looking hiking boots! Love the waterfall picture too. May you have many more Apr. 21sts!

Judy said...

What fun! Thank you for sharing your special memories and pictures.

Shug said...

Great seeing the "back then" and the "now" photos of the two of you....and what a fabulous love story. So...I'm assuming that George was the big hiker in previous years? and now the two of you are enjoying it together.. AWESOME!
Enjoy the day....

Ann said...

Then or now you two are just the sweetest most perfect couple.

Janice K said...

I love April 21 too--It's the day God gave me life. I'm so happy for both of you and how you have been blessed on that day too!

Vanessa Morgan said...

You can't believe how much I loved this post. This was sooo romantic. Really brought a smile to my face.

George said...

I love you, too, and I look forward to many more years together at Fall Creek Falls. I only wish you could find those green socks!

Jo said...

Betsy,I never tire reading of your love story. You and George look younger today than you did in 2001. Must be the love... Bless you both. Jo

Linda Kay said...

Betsy, lovely memories, and your waterfall was especially beautiful.

Lux G. said...

Aw. How time flies when you're in love. :)

Have a wonderful week ahead. :)

Connie said...

Aw, this is such a sweet post, Betsy. Congratulations to you and George. I loved the then and now pictures.

MTWaggin said...

I can't say it enough - you do are freakin' ADORABLE! I love seeing all the photos of your special place and the "then and now" shots!

Sylvia K said...

Wishing you and George a very Happy Anniversary, Betsy!! I do love the "the then and now" photos and you both do look so happy!! Thanks for sharing and may you have many more!!

David said...

Betsy... Very sweet and I love the then and now photos! My first date with Laurie was pizza and I massaged her feet. The latter activity won her over! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

A Colorful World said...

This is one of the sweetest posts! Love the comparison photos! How lovely to get to go back to these special places together and celebrate the milestones! Great photos there too.

How awesome that we like a lot of the same shows!

DeniseinVA said...

A very sweet post, and I loved all the photos. Thank you for sharing this very special time in your lives Betsy. Many more to follow I know :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at both of you through the years at Fall Creek Falls! Your first two photos are spectacular! George in 2001 is my favorite George picture. But truly, after studying all these, YOU are much more pretty than you ever were back then! And I mean it! Not only the weight, but now you look so much more natural and happy.

Arkansas Patti said...

You two set the romance bar so high. Most women are happy if their hubby remembers there wedding anniversary. George remembers the first kiss where and when.
Loved the before and after shots and you know, I actually kind of like those green socks.

Terri D said...

What a sweet post!! I love the then and now photos!! You two are so cute together! Congratulations!

happyone said...

Wonderful now and then pictures of the two of you. Hard to believe there is 14 years difference. You guys look terrific!!

You asked about my mom. Don't know if you read that she fell again last week and broke her left leg. Having Alzheimer's she forgot she couldn't get up without help. Her leg was operated on and she is doing okay, though now she won't be able to go back home for a while.

LV said...

Your like is one in a million. Not many stay this strong and loving. You both had to be destined to come to this point. You are one of my favorite couples. and wish you nothing but the best. Time does change things, but never the love you share.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Happy faces of love!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The smiles on your faces tell the world just how much in love you two are. It warms my heart to see this.I or hope you get to celebrate many more years of love and life.

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy, Yes, Fall Creek Falls State Park is one of Tennessee's treasures. I have been there several times. Beautiful scenes! Glad you have it as your "Special spot". Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Such a sweet post! You two were fast workers in the romance department! BG and I were engaged 9 months before we got married. 'Course he was so young, I had to wait until he grew up a little. lol! Congratulations on your anniversary and I wish you many more happy years of hiking at Fall Creek Falls State Park!

Joy said...

good to see your pictures before and now. An inspiration of love:)

Latane Barton said...

So happy that you two found each other. You are a perfect couple.

Judy said...

What an awesome post!! Congratulations on your anniversary and isn't it so wonderful you've had all of those years to share your lives with each other. It's evident how much you love each other and what a blessing that is :-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

The two of you have such a special and beautiful love story; very inspring. Love all the photos. Neither of you has changed much over the years (aside from hair do's) !!!
XOXOXO

Betsy said...

Betsy, I so enjoyed reading your love story. How wonderful it is to have such beautiful memories. And to be able to go back to the same places year after year and relive them. I wish you many many more wonderful years with your George.
Blessings,
Betsy

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

What a beautiful love story at these lovely falls. I wish you and George many more anniversaries. Loved all the beautiful photos.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

You two are just adorable. :) Happy Anniversary, and prayers that continued blessings flow your way.

Susie Swanson said...

This post is so sweet. I love the before and after photos. Ya'll were meant for each other and your glowing faces show it so much. Ya'll are such an inspiration. God Bless you both, Hugs, xo

Margie's Musings said...

It was good of you to drop by my blog at Margie's Musings, Betsy. Thanks for leaving a message too.

Chatty Crone said...

I just loved seeing your story unfold like that - that was extremely cool. Loved those green socks myself.

Anonymous said...

Aww - what a lovely story and great shots!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Betsy, what a romantic story. "We fell in love at Fall Creek Falls" has a very romantic ring. You two have so much in common, a perfect match. The photos of the falls are lovely. How far back does the cave go. I would love to explore.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Fun to compare! You look great both then and now :-)

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

You two are so cute. What a sweet post. I can tell you are very happy together, which is so wonderful.

Small City Scenes said...

all wonderful pictures but what I noticed most was-----the change in cameras. You've come a long way!!
Happiness always,
MB

Jeevan said...

Very sweet post and beautiful recollection of memories and photos from your special day from the past to present! Glad to see the bond continues to be strong and I hope you lead it happily forever. Liked your photos from the pretty young old days, and you both simply rock still :)

Our photos said...

congratulations, happy couple !!

Marie said...

this is so sweet, just like the two of you! I like how you're both so sentimental. :)

Rose said...

First of all, what I immediately notice was the change in photographic equipment!

Always love hearing your story...always a totaly joy to read.

Tanna said...

My favorite post so far. =) blessings ~ tanna

Kay said...

Happy Anniversary, Betsy and George! Of that first kiss, I mean. I just loved this post. It made me smile and smile and smile. There is love in every photo.