Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Decorations INSIDE the Opryland Hotel Resort, Nashville, TN

Poinsettia Christmas Tree
Can you stand some more Christmas pictures?????   This is my last post taken on Dec. 19, 2013 when we visited family in Nashville.  This last set are photos taken INSIDE the hotel.  Hope you enjoy them  and don't forget to check out my other posts from this fabulous trip if you missed them.  You can see them by clicking HERE.  There are a total of 4 posts including this one.  Hope you have enjoyed them.  This is one fancy hotel--and we love visiting there during all seasons, especially Christmas.  Be sure to click on the photos for enlargements.


The hotel is massive --and divided into several different areas... All of these huge areas were decorated.  Sit back and enjoy seeing all of the different photos including some of their gorgeous wreaths,  and even a picture of Santa...


Here is George at the Poinsettia tree.  George is 6'4"---so you can imagine how large that tree is!!


I love the hot air balloons and all of the hanging lights inside this huge hotel.


Another gorgeous tree


See SANTA????  (Sorry that this one is blurry --but I wanted you to see Santa!!!)


This is another of the gorgeous and HUGE wreaths in the hotel.  This one was taken by George.


This girl is in AWE of this beautiful hotel.....


Here is another happy person to be at the Opryland Hotel!


Here is another 'hanging critter' --all dressed up for Christmas.


Here's another gorgeous hot air balloon hanging from the ceiling.



A Nutty Person standing beside a Nutcracker!!!!!!  Is he trying to 'crack' me over the head??????? ha ha .... He's a big one,  isn't he?



Finally,  here's a really neat wreath.   The little snowman just makes me smile.

Hope you have enjoyed seeing some of the decorated INSIDE of the Opryland Hotel Resort..   We certainly enjoyed being there --and if you EVER want to stay in a really really fancy hotel,  come to Nashville, TN and stay HERE.  (I brought George here for his birthday in 2002---as a huge surprise... We had a wonderful time!)

Please take a minute and check out my new photo from Mt. Nebo, Arkansas on my Photo Blog today.  Click HERE to go there!  Thanks!

AND---don't forget to check out the new quotes on my sidebar!!!!  Maybe something will speak to you --like it does to me!

Have a great day---and please stay warm and safe wherever you are!

Hugs,

44 comments:

Miss Debbie said...

We saw a TV program before Christmas that features extravagant decorations. The hotel was one of the places they visited. It is amazing! They said they start putting up the lights in Aug! I know the parking fee is ridiculous, but I think it might be worth it to see all of this! :-)Maybe next year!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! It was nice time for me to see and enjoy all the decorations by sitting in one place. Thanks for sharing...

eileeninmd said...

It does look beautiful there at Christmas! The lights are my favorite, they look so pretty. Looks like a great place to visit. Have a happy day!

Ann said...

what a beautiful hotel that is and their decorating is fabulous. I would be like a kid in a candy shop there with all those great sights to take pictures of.
I have to say that the snowman wreath is my favorite of all of them

Peaches McGinty said...

Hi Betsy!
I did see Santa! what a jaw droppingly amazing place! it must have been incredible and full of Christmas spirit! the Nutcracker is huge!! I think he looks happy to be next to you! x x x

Catherine said...

Hope you are having a happy week Betsy!
xo Catherine

Unknown said...

Hi Betsy,

Beautiful decorations!! I like the big hot air balloon.
Have a great day!

diane b said...

It sure does look like a fabulous hotel. The decorations are fabulous.

diane b said...

It sure does look like a fabulous hotel. The decorations are fabulous.

linda m said...

Wow, that is one fabulous hotel. Hubby and I will have to stay there some time. Stay safe in all this crazy weather and keep warm.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i have always wanted to visit there ... it is on our wish list for sure. i love all the poinsettias ... so pretty. Christmas feels like so long ago. a long jump until spring. ( :

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

I can see why you're drawn to this place. Those decorations are just amazing. I love the snowman wreath.

Sharon said...

This post makes me happy. We've traditionally celebrated Bill's end of school year with a trip to Nashville always including an afternoon at Opryland Hotel. Obviously, that didn't happen this year, so thanks for a reminder of how beautiful it is and an encouragment as to how much we will enjoy it NEXT year!!

Joy said...

They really had wonderful christmas decors;)
Hugs from the philippines:)

Rajiv Sankarapillai said...

Beautiful !
Simple blog, simple people, simple life !
All the best :)

Anonymous said...

I've never visited here and I really enjoyed your photos.

Big Dude said...

We'd hoped to get over to Nashville to see the decorations but didn't make it so thanks for the tour.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I really love that poinsettia tree!

David said...

Betsy, The Christmas decorations at Opryland are over the top beautiful! Thanks for sharing... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

chicchina said...

J am an italian bloger-Very nice your photo of poinsettia tree.
In my blog you can see a similar poinsettia tree,on the place of my country.J speak english non very well,sorry.chicchina

Pat - Arkansas said...

Opulent decorations! I'm glad I didn't have to put them up (or take them down). :)

Shug said...

Our good friends were there last year and they said it is absolutely worth planning a trip just to see the gorgeous decorations. I'm pretty sure it takes a lot of time to get this stuff put up AND taken down. So very pretty...
It's cold outside...Keep that fire going and Enjoy!!
hugs
shug

Neal said...

Wow....those lights are absolutely amazing.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That place is gorgeous and I would love to visit it sometime.

Daisy said...

Such gorgeous decorations! I can't even begin to imagine how long it takes for them to put all of those up. So pretty!

MadSnapper said...

I like the George Camouflaged in the tree and both the shots with the hot air balloons.. the background lights are amazing.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Betsy That must be some wonderful hotel and very large to have so many decorations. wonderful displays.

Dee said...

Dear Betsy, all I can say is "Wow!!!!!" Peace.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

It is very beautiful! I wonder how long it takes for them to get it decorated for Christmas? If we ever get by Nashville again, I'll have to make sure we stop to see it whether it's Christmas or not. My son goes to Nashville once in a while, I'll have to ask if he's been there.
Have a nice day and stay warm! We have lots of that white stuff you like so well. Wishing I could send some to you!

happyone said...

Wow, those pictures are impressive. I think my favorite is the poinsettia tree.

LV said...

Betsy, thank you for this grand tour. My husband and I went every Christmas. Have not been back since I lost him. It is one of the nicest and prettiest at this time of the year. We always truly enjoyed our stay there.

Beth said...

Gorgeous---all of it! I looked at the other posts(I had read one of them, but not all.) Such an awesome place! I have put it on my list for when I am retired.
Love your smile!

BB said...

I can't even begin to imagine how big that hotel must be to have all of those lights, trees and decorations "inside". They truly are beautiful pictures! It was so hot in Florida today so I appreciated a little "cool" wintertime! Lol. XX

Small Kucing said...

Yes...i dont mind more photo of Christmas. Love it.

Over here we are celebrating Chinese New year. Everywhere red

Chatty Crone said...

You are making me want to go back there! The hotel is so very pretty. I loved the hot air balloon.

sandie

carolina nana said...

Those trees and lights in the hotel are beautiful. Love that poinsetta tree.
We are wondering what our weather will bring this weekend, seems none of the weather wizards will commit to rain, snow or ice, or maybe nothing !!
Blessings
Marilyn

Carletta said...

I feel like Christmas was here and gone before I hardly had time to think about it. :)
What a lovely place to celebrate the season. I love that balloon and the poinsettia tree.

SquirrelQueen said...

This must have been an amazing place to stay especially near Christmas. I love all those wreaths and lights.

Anonymous said...

What a lot of lovely, festive lights.

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful!!! Seems like I keep saying that when visiting tho, don't I? Well it's true. Other than your lovely smiling faces I think I like the hot air balloons. How so very sparkly.

Small City Scenes said...

Is it Christmas already??? Haha.
So bright and cheery as are the two people in the pictures. Lovely shots. MB

Rose said...

It would be fun just to go see those decorations. I loved the wreaths, and agree with you, the snowman one makes me smile.

Jeevan said...

Seems u had fun... cheerful decorations

Lynda said...

Was it terribly crowded when you went? We went twice in one day. The daylight hours were busy but tolerable crowds but at time, you were shoulder to shoulder. We knew it would have a different look though so wanted to go back in the evening. I agree it is GORGEOUS and one of our favorite free places to sight-see.